Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday many of the people searching wore long pants and shirts since we were going further into the woods and it was pouring so we chilled faster. Brad was spotted searching with the police and made a comment he was being eaten up with possible poison ivy. He was itching all over. Maybe the scratches are from him itching or the brush and not Nancy?? I know I am probably grasping at straws in hopes Nancy will be found alive and he is innocent.

You are right. I never even considered that. It could have come from one or both scenarios. Thanks for sharing that thought process! :)

Yesterday many of the people searching wore long pants and shirts since we were going further into the woods and it was pouring so we chilled faster. Brad was spotted searching with the police and made a comment he was being eaten up with possible poison ivy. He was itching all over. Maybe the scratches are from him itching or the brush and not Nancy?? I know I am probably grasping at straws in hopes Nancy will be found alive and he is innocent.
Or maybe the itching is to cover up the scratches that were seen on his arms?

To our newest Webslueth members, WELCOME!

To friends of Nancy, a 'special' WELCOME and we're sorry for the pain you feel now. Whether the person found is Nancy or not, she's missing and we can understand you feel a great deal of anxiety. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well as Nancy and her family.

I realize we come off kind of blunt, but that's what we do here. We see so many of these cases, it honestly breaks all our hearts. But we also know the signs and MO's. So often a 'perp' will think he's more clever than all those before him and most importantly, smarter than LE. But, in all honestly, they're almost like an open book. They may change the 'order,' but they all seem to do the same sort of things.

I know we don't know that the husband did this, or that it's even Nancy at all. But believe me when I say that so often we individually pray that it's not the husband. It's too heartbreaking, even for us. As a matter of fact, many of us cheer when we're proven wrong! LOL, except with the run-away bride! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for all the new members joining and for some of the insight of the local area etc. Hope you all will stay for awhile.

I guess now all we can do is wait for the 5:00 presser and pray until then that it's not Nancy and ........................well, I guess that's all, because like others have said, that's someone's wife, mother, or daughter.....

fran

To our newest Webslueth members, WELCOME!

To friends of Nancy, a 'special' WELCOME and we're sorry for the pain you feel now. Whether the person found is Nancy or not, she's missing and we can understand you feel a great deal of anxiety. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well as Nancy and her family.

I realize we come off kind of blunt, but that's what we do here. We see so many of these cases, it honestly breaks all our hearts. But we also know the signs and MO's. So often a 'perp' will think he's more clever than all those before him and most importantly, smarter than LE. But, in all honestly, they're almost like an open book. They may change the 'order,' but they all seem to do the same sort of things.

I know we don't know that the husband did this, or that it's even Nancy at all. But believe me when I say that so often we individually pray that it's not the husband. It's too heartbreaking, even for us. As a matter of fact, many of us cheer when we're proven wrong! LOL, except with the run-away bride! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for all the new members joining and for some of the insight of the local area etc. Hope you all will stay for awhile.

I guess now all we can do is wait for the 5:00 presser and pray until then that it's not Nancy and ........................well, I guess that's all, because like others have said, that's someone's wife, mother, or daughter.....

fran
Fran, You echo my sentiments exactly. Unfortunately we have seen so very many of these types of cases and sadly they will continue until the end of time. The only thing we can do is pray for Nancy and her family, and if sadly it is her then we can pray for justice to be served to the perp. I am lifting Nancy and her family up in prayer at this moment.

I posted a little bit on the Michelle Young since I live close-by. I'm also only about 6 miles from Lochmere.

I'm a traffic engineer and for those that have commented about the cameras potentially being able to sget an image his car, this may be the case. However, footage from most of the cameras that are set up for monitoring traffic do not actually keep a recording of the footage. Rather, they are used in the real-time to monitor for traffic congestion, incidents, etc. This may or may not be the case for this camera in particular.

Anyone considered that Nancy possibly had some kind of medical condition [heart attack, asthma attack, etc.] and simply passed out/died where her body was found? [This obviously assumes that the body is hers.] I'm inclined to think this is likely not the case since it does not appear that this would have been a normal running trail however just another scenario to throw out.

Fran, thank you for the sentiments. I have found this site to be extremely informative and y'all have passed on some very helpful tips, which I appreciate. It also has been wonderful to get up-to-the-minute press info summarized and linked here. I have printed out the advice to help me talk to my kids, if it needs to be done. I also bookmarked the book recommendation.

My wife and I are now headed to be with others in the community to listen to the press conference. I can't really put into words what I'm feeling right now, but it does offer me comfort that people across the country are offering their thoughts and prayers.

Fran, thank you for the sentiments. I have found this site to be extremely informative and y'all have passed on some very helpful tips, which I appreciate. It also has been wonderful to get up-to-the-minute press info summarized and linked here. I have printed out the advice to help me talk to my kids, if it needs to be done. I also bookmarked the book recommendation.

My wife and I are now headed to be with others in the community to listen to the press conference. I can't really put into words what I'm feeling right now, but it does offer me comfort that people across the country are offering their thoughts and prayers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends and family as well, NancyFriend.

We are all truly hoping for a good outcome in this case. Stay strong and we'll be here no matter what to talk to you and help you through.

wufdude....I mentioned the cameras in high hopes that some footage could seal the deal on time and possibly who passed thru at certain hours. I know WRAL has a camera at Cary Pkwy&Holly Springs, Tryon&Cary Pkwy, and Tryon& Kildaire Farm. These are 3 intersections that are possible that were used. If these cameras don't help, maybe this person ran a red light and got that light to go off. My daughter got a red light ticket and there is absolutely no denying the footage they obtain.

Yes, the red light cameras take a photo of a vehicle as it passes through the intersection when it has a red signal.

The cameras that WRAL use for real-time coverage typically do not record the footage thus, they may not be of any use in trying to pinpoint the time that a vehicles may pass through the intersection. I may be wrong on this at this particular intersection and it would be a tremendous tool if so.

Although footage of 'our' POI driving through an intersection at a specific time to pinpoint his purchase of (allged cleaning supplies) milk, I believe there is most likely witnesses and maybe even footage of him at the store. At least that's kind of the implication I got from the person who told us about the store run.

THAT in itself, IF true, would be a HUGE piece of evidence against him! IMHO...who would go at 3:30 a.m. or 4:00 a.m. to buy CLEANING SUPPLIES?

Coincidence?

There is no coincidence when it comes to MURDER. That is, IF this is murder.

JMHO
fran

PS......Thank you wufdude and momto3kids for your first hand knowledge! fran

Those same red lights might have been flashing at that time of the morning. Still, there's a chance he was in a hurry (if he's involved) and went through a red light.

I am the one that told of the store run. My intersection concept was that perhaps it would show the vehicle going to the point where the body was found and not the store run. The store is in direction of her home and the body in another direction. I understand the video was clear without a shadow of doubt to what was purchased at the store.

Nancy's family is present. It is confirmed it is Nancy Cooper's body and she was murdered.

It's her. :( She was murdered. Husband wasn't mentioned at all in her thanks to family members. Her brother is speaking now. This reminds me so much of Laci's news conference with her brother. :mad: :(

RIP, Nancy. God bless her family and especially her sweet daughters.

The husband was going to be there but at the last minute "declined". He's probably watching the children or using that as an excuse (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11