Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you have liked them to do, other than giving moral and financial support? Grandparents have no rights in NC. The children are American with American passports. Ya think they could have smuggled them out of the country ? It wouldn't have worked.
Do I think they would have liked to do something? You betcha!!! But I believe their hands were tied.

fran - Several new affidavits were recently added to the plaintiff's affidavits. I now count 12-13 friends of Nancy who are willing to have their sworn testimony on the record. Keep in mind that these friends of Nancy and Brad have nothing to gain from coming forward. In fact, it certainly opens them to scrutiny from the public, the media, and Brad's attorneys. IMO, the primary concern right now should be the safety of Katie and Bella. Of course we all want to see the killer caught and justice served, but that is the job for LE.

My question about what NC parents are doing is...why, if they believed their grandchildren to be in such great danger, didn't they do this before now? If Nancy was in such great danger before, why did it take her death to act on all of this? As a parent, if my child and grandchildren were in such hoirrible conditons, I would have done everything I could to get them out.

I just see this as another way to get "revenge" on Brad for making Nancy unhappy. Using his children to hurt him is dirty, imo.
They have no right. He is not guilty of anything yet....not even a suspect or poi.

Why was nothing done before?
And if it was, why has nothing been said about that? Surely her friends would know if she was seeking some kind of help from her parents with escape...they know everything else....

I agree. I also think if they are going to require him to have a psych evaluation then they should be required to take one too. I read something the sister's husband said about not knowing how to tell the children but with the sister looking so much like Nancy it gave comfort. That bothered me. I honestly do not believe that they should have been given the children to take to another Country without him being charged and convicted of Nancy's death. There were other ways to keep the children safe. Regardless, of what he has or has not done, he is their father and they love him.

I'm going to just go by the facts that I know so far.

- Nancy is dead. Murdered. Found 3 mi from her home, 2.5 days after she disappears.
- Nancy had a Sat. 8am appt to meet her friend to paint the friend's house. Nancy never appeared.
- Nancy is not seen alive by anyone other than her husband after a party the night before.
- Husband says Nancy 'went jogging' at 7am on Sat. morning.
- No witnesses have come forward to say they saw Nancy that Saturday morning around 7am when she was out 'jogging.'
- Nancy does not appear alive ever again after 'she went jogging.'
- Nancy's husband does not report her missing when she fails to return home.
- Nancy's friend, worried, phones Brad Cooper at least once and later calls 911 to report her friend missing.
- The police chief says (twice) that this is "an isolated incident and the public is not at risk."
- Husband says he made TWO trips to Harris Teeter between 6am and 6:30am Sat morning (and admits that one of the trips was to get laundry detergent).
- Nancy and Brad were in an unhappy marriage, heading towards divorce. Regardless of whose fault it was and who did what to whom and when, these 2 people were estranged and NOT happy with each other.

Those are the facts as we know them right now.

What we don't know yet is:

- Time of death
- Location of death
- Manner of death
- What Nancy was wearing when found
- Results of any forensic testing
- Independent confirmation of BC's movements that Sat morning and what he purchased and when.

What would you have liked them to do, other than giving moral and financial support? Grandparents have no rights in NC. The children are American with American passports. Ya think they could have smuggled them out of the country ? It wouldn't have worked.
Do I think they would have liked to do something? You betcha!!! But I believe their hands were tied.

Obvioulsy they had some rights in this country. I find it mind boggling that they could come here from another country and take his children! With no real grounds!

And for starters, they could have come to visit her more if they thought the danger was so great. If it were my daughter/sister, I'd want to see what was going on.
Why didn't they convince her to stay in Canada with the kids when she visited?
Have you ever seen "Not without my daughter?"
If that woman could make it out of a Middle Eastern country with her child, then there had to be a way and I would have found it if I thought my daughter and granddaughters were in harms way.

They could have urged her to go ahead with the divorce.
They could have urged her to move out and sent her money to help with that since they were already helping her financially. Surley they would have helped her if they thought she and the children were in that great of danger.
They could have told her keep documentation of everything that happened and keep it at a friends house so if something did happen, they'd know who to look at. something, anything!
Not once have I seen in any of these links of her friend's accounts where they say any action was taking place for her safety.
Was anything done by any of these people, who are now accusing him, to keep her safe? NO! And they all "knew"

But now they're all jumping....
It's just kind of fishy and seems like a witch hunt to me

<----not a friend. Just had a question.

This seems a little slow doesn't it?

Now we have the statements from his family, as if they are unbiased witnesses
=============================================================

Also filed Thursday were several affidavits from family members and friends of Brad Cooper, attesting to his character and fitness as a father.

"Brad would never do anything violent – it's just not in him," his father, Terry Cooper said.
Bradley Cooper is on paid administrative leave from his job as a systems engineer at Cisco Systems in Research Triangle Park, a spokeswoman said.

Obvioulsy they had some rights in this country. I find it mind boggling that they could come here from another country and take his children! With no real grounds!

And for starters, they could have come to visit her more if they thought the danger was so great. If it were my daughter/sister, I'd want to see what was going on.
If that woman could make it out of a Middle Eastern country with her child, then there had to be a way and I would have found it if I thought my daughter and granddaughters were in harms way.

They could have urged her to move out and sent her money to help with that since they were already helping her financially. Surley they would have helped her if they thought she and the children were in that great of danger.
They could have told her keep documentation of everything that happened and keep it at a friends house so if something did happen, they'd know who to look at. something, anything!
Not once have I seen in any of these links of her friend's accounts where they say any action was taking place for her safety.
Was anything done by any of these people, who are now accusing him, to keep her safe? NO! And they all "knew"

Maybe they DID urge her go get a divorce, move out, send her $$, keep documentation, etc.

Have you seen all of the women who have been killed AFTER they filed a restraining order? Do you think maybe Nancy was trying to do it in the best way she could?

I never saw Not With My Daughter.

I did see My Best Friend's Wedding.

Does anyone here speak to new people?

Hi 2 Bobs!

You made me laugh and I had to answer.

Are you sure you're on the right message board?

After reading the draft separation agreement - a few things struck me.

She was not going to do too badly. I am surprised that she had the gumption to hire Alice Stubbs - a pretty high profile attorney and not just roll over and give Brad what he wnated to get the heck out of that marriage.

Please note - I am NOT SAYING that she did not deserve this - as a tagalong spouse who put her career on hold and really decreased her chances for supporting herself, etc.

I am surprised that SHE was the one driving the new(er) X5. That doesn't jibe with Brad always wanting the best - as he was going to get the older 325.

She's also getting the entire disbursement from his 401K. There's a loan against it - but if they were diligent about saving - that could be significant. She's getting the proceeds from the house after the debt is paid. Haven't had time to look and see that the original note on the house was for, but that could be reasonable.

He's also on the hook to pay for private school and a bunch of other stuff.

This agreement looks WAY too kind to Nancy to be agreeable to the Brad portrayed in the affidavits.

Perhaps he knew that she'd never collect on it????? And how much better he would look if the separation agreement wasn't "hostile" or trying to screw her over and looked like he was being very agreeable to taking financial responsibility for his children.......

Hmmmm.......

[
My question about what NC parents are doing is...why, if they believed their grandchildren to be in such great danger, didn't they do this before now? If Nancy was in such great danger before, why did it take her death to act on all of this? As a parent, if my child and grandchildren were in such horrible conditions, I would have done everything I could to get them out.

I just see this as another way to get "revenge" on Brad for making Nancy unhappy. Using his children to hurt him is dirty, imo.
They have no right. He is not guilty of anything yet....not even a suspect or poi.

Why was nothing done before?
And if it was, why has nothing been said about that? Surely her friends would know if she was seeking some kind of help from her parents with escape...they know everything else....

Why didn't they come and mover her out during the day while BC was at work? NC didn't work, if she was so afraid of BC they could have packed her and the kids up and moved out while he was working. Maybe she wasn't able to return to Canada, but she could've left the house until she could get the passports back. Seems they were well on there way to coming to an agreement about custody.

Why does he have to have a psychiatric evaluation to get his own children? They should be able to get the records from the marriage counselor to find out the real truth about what was going on in the marriage and what kind of father BC was. The therapist would know if there was reason for NC to fear for her life either NC told her or she would've picked up on it from the counseling sessions.

Thanks for answering. This sure does take a long time doesn't it?

Anyway, I've been searching for the picture of Nancy on Corolla
Island for several hours and can't find it. Since I've spent 5 hours looking I thought it would be okay to ask someone for the
link. If that's not ok, please let me know and I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong.

Thanks so much for responding. I know I should wait longer
than 5 hours but sometimes I get impatient.

Patience is a virtue but I'm not very virtuous I guess :(

fran - Several new affidavits were recently added to the plaintiff's affidavits. I now count 12-13 friends of Nancy who are willing to have their sworn testimony on the record. Keep in mind that these friends of Nancy and Brad have nothing to gain from coming forward. In fact, it certainly opens them to scrutiny from the public, the media, and Brad's attorneys. IMO, the primary concern right now should be the safety of Katie and Bella. Of course we all want to see the killer caught and justice served, but that is the job for LE.

I'll go and check for any more new affidavits. The only new one I found was the family request for Brad to have a Psychiatic Exam.

Are there more?

I'm so sorry about your friend Nancy...........so, so sorry, you have no idea.

Please accept by sincere sympathy.

:blowkiss:

fran

PS......PLEASE tell all of Nancy's other friends how wonderful they are for stepping forward! This must be just heartbreaking for them. But believe me, Nancy is very proud of them!.....fran

After reading the draft separation agreement - a few things struck me.

She was not going to do too badly. I am surprised that she had the gumption to hire Alice Stubbs - a pretty high profile attorney and not just roll over and give Brad what he wnated to get the heck out of that marriage.

Please note - I am NOT SAYING that she did not deserve this - as a tagalong spouse who put her career on hold and really decreased her chances for supporting herself, etc.

I am surprised that SHE was the one driving the new(er) X5. That doesn't jibe with Brad always wanting the best - as he was going to get the older 325.

She's also getting the entire disbursement from his 401K. There's a loan against it - but if they were diligent about saving - that could be significant. She's getting the proceeds from the house after the debt is paid. Haven't had time to look and see that the original note on the house was for, but that could be reasonable.

He's also on the hook to pay for private school and a bunch of other stuff.

This agreement looks WAY too kind to Nancy to be agreeable to the Brad portrayed in the affidavits.

Perhaps he knew that she'd never collect on it????? And how much better he would look if the separation agreement wasn't "hostile" or trying to screw her over and looked like he was being very agreeable to taking financial responsibility for his children.......

Hmmmm.......

Does the separation agreement mean that she was going to get all this? Or was it her first proposal - then he comes back with a counter offer? Just cause it was proposed doesn't in any way mean that that was what she was going to get.

And how do you know that they did not !!!!
Maybe they did not want to risk a kidnapping charge, with the mother being thrown into jail and the girls alone with their father. Maybe there were plans in the works. According to a local newscast, the other sister, Jill, said Nancy was planning on moving to Ottawa with the girls to be with her sister. It sounds to me that there could have been many plans , some discarded or thwarted by the husband. Who knows ???

I'm going to just go by the facts that I know so far.

- Nancy is dead. Murdered. Found 3 mi from her home, 2.5 days after she disappears.
- Nancy had a Sat. 8am appt to meet her friend to paint the friend's house. Nancy never appeared.
- Nancy is not seen alive by anyone other than her husband after a party the night before.
- Husband says Nancy 'went jogging' at 7am on Sat. morning.
- No witnesses have come forward to say they saw Nancy that Saturday morning around 7am when she was out 'jogging.'
- Nancy does not appear alive ever again after 'she went jogging.'
- Nancy's husband does not report her missing when she fails to return home.
- Nancy's friend, worried, phones Brad Cooper at least once and later calls 911 to report her friend missing.
- The police chief says (twice) that this is "an isolated incident and the public is not at risk."
- Husband says he made TWO trips to Harris Teeter between 6am and 6:30am Sat morning (and admits that one of the trips was to get laundry detergent).
- Nancy and Brad were in an unhappy marriage, heading towards divorce. Regardless of whose fault it was and who did what to whom and when, these 2 people were estranged and NOT happy with each other.

Those are the facts as we know them right now.

What we don't know yet is:

- Time of death
- Location of death
- Manner of death
- What Nancy was wearing when found
- Results of any forensic testing
- Independent confirmation of BC's movements that Sat morning and what he purchased and when.

I think that pretty well covers the public's knowledge. Good job, btw, SleuthyGal.

Now for LE to decide what 'they have' and IF they have enough evidence for an arrest or are they still looking for Nancy's killer.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members