Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
rm -fr /*

Here's another way to initiate a call: use a computer, modem, and program to dial a phone at a set time.

Bottom line: it's not hard to make a phone call from some place, even if no one is home.

I guess you missed my posts where I explain how the whole thing works. This is what I do for a living.

Brad's Affidavit does not say that Nancy called him on the home phone line. It merely says that she called him from home. IMO, that means he is telling us that she was alive at 6:40 am, and wanted juice for Bella.

so, if indeed she already were dead at that point, he easily could have made one call from her cell phone to his cell phone.

No need for elaborate schemes with logs and remote callings and such, nor for hiding her cell phone and then going out to pick it up and make the call (I never understood the reasoning behind that).

But it says "from home" not from the home phone line.

I guess you missed my posts where I explain how the whole thing works. This is what I do for a living.

I know I could easily do this on my home computer - program the modem to dial a certain number (e.g. Brad's cell) at a certain time from my home line and then leave the house. Can you explain why that is impossible? If your point is that it doesn't work with a Cisco VOIP system, remember that Brad's rebuttal affadavit says he removed that system some time ago.

Again I answered this...he has no way of eliminating all records. He could only delete whats in the Call Manager but again that would log he deleted them. He would have no access to the LEC's records.

Thank you

:)
fran

Again, to bring up my experience...and I have allot to pull from :) my ex would try to goat me into saying things and record them on a tape recorder. She starting inventing things I did to try and upset me. Not saying NC did but you have to be open to the fact NC new she was about to go through a divorce and could easily exaggerate things like being afraid for custody. Again I believe this may be the case...if she was that afraid NC would have said something to her family...gotten out of the situation. done something more than just lock her self in a room.

She actually did say something to a friend about the note with the bank account, life insurance, will,......on it and they wanted her to come immediately and stay with them. She refused.

FWIW, she was probably afraid of him deep inside,..........but,.........thought she was just being too paranoid and watching too much tv. He wouldn't really do that, .............or would he?

JMHO
fran

She actually did say something to a friend about the note with the bank account, life insurance, will,......on it and they wanted her to come immediately and stay with them. She refused.

FWIW, she was probably afraid of him deep inside,..........but,.........thought she was just being too paranoid and watching too much tv. He wouldn't really do that, .............or would he?

JMHO
fran

I don't know .. a few years back someone I was VERY close to was what I considered to be an abusive relationship ... I considered the husband to be a VERY controlling jerk ... we were VERY close ... saw each other EVERY day ... he would walk out when I came in the room ... was generally a jerk and everything she told me I could see ... she claimed he never hit her - but told of things that were mental abuse. A few years later my job kept me from seeing her as often ... tho' I'd get occasional updates ... things were the same from her perspective... THEN she left him ... I thought GOOD things are finally settled ... it was after this we got to know HIM better .. he actually apologized ... and spoke of the "abuse" ... it turned out SHE was just as guilty as he in their mental abuse .. SHE abandoned her son .. just left him there with this "abuser" to go live with another man ... The husband now is the most gentle, sharing man you'd ever want to meet .. the son is MUCH better adjusted then when his mother was around. I learned that things are NEVER as they seem. I've seen her a few times since ... she's no different ... The whole situation was so sad because SHE cannot get out of her cycle ... it took her leaving for her husband to get the help .. mostly because he realized had to "step it up" to care for his son.

SO now I try to realize that things are NOT as they seem .. even if you are there everyday.

No need for elaborate schemes with logs and remote callings and such, nor for hiding her cell phone and then going out to pick it up and make the call (I never understood the reasoning behind that).

But it says "from home" not from the home phone line.
I think the theory was that he hid HIS phone near the HT during his first (6:15) trip there - went home (or wherever) and called his (now hidden) phone from Nancy's phone, so his would ping at the HT at that time - and then went back to the store and retrieved it during the second (6:45) trip.

Not that I buy any of that...but I think that's what some were suggesting might be an explanation if the cell records confirm his story about NC calling him for juice.

I think the theory was that he hid HIS phone near the HT during his first (6:15) trip there - went home (or wherever) and called his (now hidden) phone from Nancy's phone, so his would ping at the HT at that time - and then went back to the store and retrieved it during the second (6:45) trip.

Not that I buy any of that...but I think that's what some were suggesting might be an explanation if the cell records confirm his story about NC calling him for juice.

Wow! That theory has some major premeditation. jmo I really dont know what to think about this case anymore. I was on the hes guilty side, but now im thinking maybe the whole picture might get a little messy. jmo:eek:

I don't know .. a few years back someone I was VERY close to was what I considered to be an abusive relationship ... I considered the husband to be a VERY controlling jerk ... we were VERY close ... saw each other EVERY day ... he would walk out when I came in the room ... was generally a jerk and everything she told me I could see ... she claimed he never hit her - but told of things that were mental abuse. A few years later my job kept me from seeing her as often ... tho' I'd get occasional updates ... things were the same from her perspective... THEN she left him ... I thought GOOD things are finally settled ... it was after this we got to know HIM better .. he actually apologized ... and spoke of the "abuse" ... it turned out SHE was just as guilty as he in their mental abuse .. SHE abandoned her son .. just left him there with this "abuser" to go live with another man ... The husband now is the most gentle, sharing man you'd ever want to meet .. the son is MUCH better adjusted then when his mother was around. I learned that things are NEVER as they seem. I've seen her a few times since ... she's no different ... The whole situation was so sad because SHE cannot get out of her cycle ... it took her leaving for her husband to get the help .. mostly because he realized had to "step it up" to care for his son.

SO now I try to realize that things are NOT as they seem .. even if you are there everyday.

I know stuff like that happens. But,..........the abuse situations I know about, I saw the police reports, the bruises, the cast on the broken arm, the woman who arrived from another state without a dime to her name but three small children in tow,...............

THEN you have something like this...... The friends that say there was abuse. The little hints here and there.The denial by the alleged abuser............and then murder...........

I dunno,...............kinda' points to abuse to me,.............guess I've just read too many pages at Websleuths.

JMHO
fran

Random thoughts.

Almost all of Nancy's friends' statements say that she didn't have enough money to run the household and needed to borrow money from family and friends. However, not one statement (that I remember) said that THEY gave Nancy money. Just who were these people giving her money then - if not the folks that have filled out affidavits?

Brad also states that he emailed Nancy AND HER FATHER - so that it was obviously very tense there - because he was copying someone else other than her - potentially to prove that he was trying to set up an account for her with a debit card. Did her father call Brad and read him the riot act based on what NC was saying to him and then he started copying him to prove he was trying?

I still find it odd that NC was the one driving the newer / more expensive car. That totally doesn't jibe with what folks are saying about BC.

I also can see that one a single salary - albeit a good one - that money was tight. Private preschool? I saw in the separation agreement that there was a loan against his 401K - not good, AND an increase in the HELOC, AND $45K in cc debt. Nothing points to a crisis driving up these bills temporarily - so it appears to be a trend of living beyond means. Certainly the paintings, and Louis Vuitton purses? Unless he was a pretty high VP level person - that was WAY beyond their means.

I suspect that his employer paid 100% for his MBA.

Lots of exaggeration here. Lots of things that can be verified in BC's statement.

The tension in that house was probably so thick you could cut it with a knife.

In his first affidavit, item 167 (after the milk/bread run) says "I started to get ready for the girls to get up and noticed we were out of laundry detergent and could not do laundry, so Nancy asked me to go back out to get some laundry detergent at around 6:30 AM".

And, item 168 says "Nancy called me from home on my cell phone at 6:40 AM and asked me to also get some juice for Bella".

Why does everyone assume that Bella wasn't up and asking her mother for juice?

Wow! That theory has some major premeditation. jmo I really dont know what to think about this case anymore. I was on the hes guilty side, but now im thinking maybe the whole picture might get a little messy. jmo:eek:

You have the friend that said Nancy found a note, in the husband's handwriting, with the favorite color of one child on one side, and written on the second side is bank account, life insurance, will................

We've heard he didn't give her very much money, took her name off the credit cards and bank account.

He denies not giving her enough money.
SHE ran up all the bills. note to self, she can't prove him wrong, she's dead

The will mentioned by a friend, he says there isn't any. note to self, she's not here to prove him wrong

NOW, I'm waiting for the WILL to appear.

I guess he didn't need to put the 'sell house' and 'pay off 401k' on it because now she's not here to collect it.

Oh, one more thing..........he also had 'blue book.' I would assume that was the Kelly Blue Book for the car value. Wonder if he checked that? She won't be needing that car now.

Just sayin'
fran

I haven't been on this thread for a few days so what happened to the 4 AM time and the detergent with bleach?

Random thoughts.

Almost all of Nancy's friends' statements say that she didn't have enough money to run the household and needed to borrow money from family and friends. However, not one statement (that I remember) said that THEY gave Nancy money. Just who were these people giving her money then - if not the folks that have filled out affidavits?

Brad also states that he emailed Nancy AND HER FATHER - so that it was obviously very tense there - because he was copying someone else other than her - potentially to prove that he was trying to set up an account for her with a debit card. Did her father call Brad and read him the riot act based on what NC was saying to him and then he started copying him to prove he was trying?

I still find it odd that NC was the one driving the newer / more expensive car. That totally doesn't jibe with what folks are saying about BC.

I also can see that one a single salary - albeit a good one - that money was tight. Private preschool? I saw in the separation agreement that there was a loan against his 401K - not good, AND an increase in the HELOC, AND $45K in cc debt. Nothing points to a crisis driving up these bills temporarily - so it appears to be a trend of living beyond means. Certainly the paintings, and Louis Vuitton purses? Unless he was a pretty high VP level person - that was WAY beyond their means.

I suspect that his employer paid 100% for his MBA.

Lots of exaggeration here. Lots of things that can be verified in BC's statement.

The tension in that house was probably so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Believe me, I've seen people spend 500K a year, on a 250K income. It doesn't matter how much you make, there are ways to go way beyond. The question is???? Who or which one is more incline to overspend? The one earning it, or the one not and waiting for it to be given to them by someone who's in control?...or both?????

We'll likely, never know. Nancy is not here to give her side.

JMHO
fran

I haven't been on this thread for a few days so what happened to the 4 AM time and the detergent with bleach?

That's been gone for a day or so. Look at the Legal Documents thread. LOL, we'll see you in a couple of hours. ;)

fran

He denies not giving her enough money.
SHE ran up all the bills. note to self, she can't prove him wrong, she's dead

The credit card statements would be the proof, though I really don't why they'd matter.

The will mentioned by a friend, he says there isn't any. note to self, she's not here to prove him wrong

In his rebuttal, he says that he asked her to also prepare a will, but she didn't and he never completed his, then he gives the web addy for the service that he was using. (This actually might be relevant, but most of the rest has very little to do with the crime)

In his first affidavit, item 167 (after the milk/bread run) says "I started to get ready for the girls to get up and noticed we were out of laundry detergent and could not do laundry, so Nancy asked me to go back out to get some laundry detergent at around 6:30 AM".

And, item 168 says "Nancy called me from home on my cell phone at 6:40 AM and asked me to also get some juice for Bella".

Why does everyone assume that Bella wasn't up and asking her mother for juice?

slip of the tongue ??

Believe me, I've seen people spend 500K a year, on a 250K income. It doesn't matter how much you make, there are ways to go way beyond. The question is???? Who or which one is more incline to overspend? The one earning it, or the one not and waiting for it to be given to them by someone who's in control?...or both?????

We'll likely, never know. Nancy is not here to give her side.

JMHO
fran

All credit cards will have past purchases that can be verified.

Why would he even fight custody? The best interest of the children is what is important here. If he were any kind of a father right now...he would step aside.

No offense but the other day you bet the farm he wouldn't fight for custody. I have two boys that were the exact same age his are when I went through my divorce and I would fight with everything I had for them.

I know I could easily do this on my home computer - program the modem to dial a certain number (e.g. Brad's cell) at a certain time from my home line and then leave the house. Can you explain why that is impossible? If your point is that it doesn't work with a Cisco VOIP system, remember that Brad's rebuttal affadavit says he removed that system some time ago.

You think you can do this on you machine and I wont be able to track it? Well believe me it can been pulled. If the took his PC and I am pretty sure they did...they all ready know the answer to this...and the fact that he has not been arrested it probably is not there. But everything can be tracked. People must understand there is nothing you can do on your computer that cant be found out afterwards. You can delete and hide all you want but they can get it. Believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riverstyx