Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if Brad got to see his girls and if his daughters got to see their father before they were taken out of the country!!!

Does anyone think it odd that NC and Michael Corwick (the name may be off but I didn't feel like going back to find it) took their children to the beach w/o their spouses? Did I read that correctly? That seems odd to me, no matter how close "friends" you are. The Coopers seemed to have lots of couples friends that they did lot with....interesting, I think.

It seemed a little odd to me, too.

Forgive me, I'm a little behind. But wanted to comment on the $200 designer jeans and $200 pedi. Which does seem high even in the best of spa's. Anyway, who's to say this was for Nancy?
The affidavit even mentioned that Brad had a tendency to spend lavishly on is girlfriends.
I'm inclined to think that Brad was spending the money on another woman especially since she was not able to use the CC's.
If she had access to them, she'd be using them for groceries and gas.
You never see her decked out, she's always dressed sporty as others have mentioned.
Hardly the high fashion and jewelery shopaholic Brad mentions.

I saw that someone quoted the news report in another post and wanted to make sure it was mentioned here as well: http://news14.com/content/local_new...ends--family-remember-cary-woman/Default.aspx

SNIP

"I don't think any of us would be well dressed without Nancy Cooper. That was very important to her," Duncan said with a laugh. "And she would always compliment you on your outfit."

SNIP

See link for full news report.

I was wondering if Brad got to see his girls and if his daughters got to see their father before they were taken out of the country!!!
I'm not sure ~ I just got home from work a little bit ago and I'm trying to catch up on what happened today. I do hope he got to see them, after all he's their dad and he hasn't been charged yet with Nancy's murder, so ~ :)

I'm not sure ~ I just got home from work a little bit ago and I'm trying to catch up on what happened today. I do hope he got to see them, after all he's their dad and he hasn't been charged yet with Nancy's murder, so ~ :)

the impression I got from reading the article was that the children are still in Canada. I may be wrong though!:waitasec:

From what I've read today, the children returned to Raleigh with the grandparents and aunt yesterday, and will leave for Canada again on Sunday.

I just posted some details of the custody arrangement on the "Custody" thread. It seems very fair to all involved considering the murder investigation is still ongoing and no one's been arrested. :)

A couple of times my best friend's family went camping with our family.

My husband hates camping and didn't go. She and her husband couldn't get the whole week off, so she came for 4 days and he came for 3 days. Our 6 kids were with us, as was a single female friend of mine, it was a family campground (Jellystone/Yogi Bear), and no hanky-panky went on.

My husband doesn't like this couple, but they are both very good friends of mine.

So maybe something like that happened. We didn't think anything of it, but I suppose it would look odd if I got murdered and the story was made public.

Respectfully,
RC

Does anyone think it odd that NC and Michael Corwick (the name may be off but I didn't feel like going back to find it) took their children to the beach w/o their spouses? Did I read that correctly? That seems odd to me, no matter how close "friends" you are. The Coopers seemed to have lots of couples friends that they did lot with....interesting, I think.

the impression I got from reading the article was that the children are still in Canada. I may be wrong though!:waitasec:
I agree with NC-Curious, I believe they came back here for the hearing but will be going back to Canada.

The beach trip included Mike and Clea Morwick and their children, along with Nancy and her kids. The only person who wasn't there was Brad.

In the affidavits submitted by Nancy's parents, Clea Morwick (Mike's wife) has her own separate affidavit where she discusses the very same beach trip and how she thought it was odd too that Brad didn't even try to be there for the weekend part of the trip.

edited to add that Clea Morwick's affidavit is the 3rd one, right after Jessica Adams and her husband.

I'm on the fence, but I have one leg dangling over the side that says BC killed his wife -- and my foot is practically touching the ground.

I don't want him to have killed his wife. I've seen a ton of these cases, however, so it wouldn't surprise me. If it turns out someone else did it, I will be very surprised and delighted that he didn't do it. It would be nice if one of these cases turned out that way for a change.

I am not saying I am delighted NC was murdered -- but since she was ... I hope it wasn't her DH. Just in case anyone misunderstands.

I am concerned that, if BC did it, LE won't be able to find enough evidence to arrest and convict him.

Respectfully,
RC

I'm wondering why everyone hopes he didn't do it? I don't know if he did it or not, but being someone who lives in the area, I sure hope it was him or someone else Nancy was involved with. The thought of a random guy who will never be caught out there ready to do it again scares the sh** out of me.

I'm wondering why everyone hopes he didn't do it? I don't know if he did it or not, but being someone who lives in the area, I sure hope it was him or someone else Nancy was involved with. The thought of a random guy who will never be caught out there ready to do it again scares the sh** out of me.

Only because of the kids - they have already lost their Mum.

Only because of the kids - they have already lost their Mum.

OK. I do get that. For the kids' sake, I hope it wasn't him. For the sake possible future victims of a random killer, I hope it was BC... KWIM?

I don't think LE has changed their initial position that this isn't a random murder, and hopefully that wasn't just a speculative remark on their part. I personally think they're right! :)

I was just over at Goodberry's on Kildaire Farm Road and as I sat there looking around it hit me just how SAFE this town is. I mean no matter where I go in Cary I feel safe. It doesn't matter the time of day either.

The cops said this is an "isolated incident" and I believe them. If they discover any information that should change this opinion I sure hope they'll alert us, but I don't think they will.

OK. I do get that. For the kids' sake, I hope it wasn't him. For the sake possible future victims of a random killer, I hope it was BC... KWIM?

For the folks that live in that area - LE needs to make sure they find the person and bring them to justice. IMO it is not right to tell a community it is a non-random crime if they don't know that for sure. If wrong it could indeed be endangering the folks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici