Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runnermom - Thank you for sharing your story. Relieved that you're still with us!:blowkiss:

Fran

I would like to ask a simple question. Do you believe 100% that was said in all the affidavit's of Nancy's friends? even 75% what about 50% do you believe what Nancy went around telling her friends?

I believe 100% of what Nancy's family and friends have put in their affidavit. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT

Before everyone jumps all over me, let me explain my reasoning.

Nancy's friends have absolutely NOTHING to gain by coming forward and telling their story, Nancy's story to them. So, whatever the friends have stated, I DO believe that what they state was either actually witnessed by them, or TOLD to them by Nancy.

Do I believe everything Nancy said. Well, I don't know because this, to the most part, went on BEHIND closed doors, across the country from where I am, and I don't know anyone involved in this case.

BUT...........Nancy is dead, Brad is alive. Brad was the last to be seen with Nancy. Brad is perfect, just ask him (imo, that, to me, tells me all I need to know about Brad),

Nancy is dead and Brad will tell you EVERYTHING that she did wrong while she WAS alive.

Why?
Why does he want us to think poorly of his poor murdered wife?
Nancy is dead.
Brad survived.
Nancy told her friend she was physically afraid of Brad.
Nancy is dead.

Which one do you believe?

fran

PS.....ask yourself, why would Nancy's friends go to all of this TROUBLE, defending their dead friend, telling HER side, speaking up to what they believe happened, what they KNOW in their HEART, when it is going to cause trouble in their life? Why would they lie about such an important thing? Why? This is real life. These are real, living people. They are NOT charactors in a book, play, or film...Real people with real lives, children, home, family, friends, church, schools, j o b s.............friends, neighborhood friends..........and NOW exNeighborhood friends.

Why would they say what they did IF it were NOT the truth. IMHO, they wouldn't. period

PPS....When this case began, a poster, don't remember who, we still knew absolutely nothing about the state of the marriage of the victim and NOT suspect, we KNEW ZILCH.....this particular poster, (you know who you are) said this case will tear that neighborhood apart.......don't know if EXACT words, but that's what I got out of it.

NOW you can see WHY that particular poster said what they did.........:( fran

This may have already been mentioned, but just because LE said it was a LV purse, doesn't mean it was authentic. There are TONS of fakes out there, so let's not jump to conclusions (or confusions!!!) on that subject. We do not know (yet) who ran up the CC bills. The evidence will show that.....IMO, of course.

I see your point Fairy but in this particular family, from what I've read, I don't think they would have had any knock offs. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Brad had bought it for her.

Reading the rebuttal affidavit of BC was interesting.

To me, her friends overplayed their hands in several instances and BC has been able to come back and show that their stories are overblown. Of course the only story that will really matter is the one that gets told to the jury. But at first there was the temptation, out of sympathy and trying to make sense of this I suppose, for people to fit Nancy into the sweet innocent controlled victim mold and Brad as the complete uncaring monster mold. Given that they were both real people, this would never turn out to be the full true picture. Yet Nancy didn't owe anyone being perfect as a pre-condition to our community's shared sorrow for losing her.

There will be negative things about Nancy. That's irritating to see because of the horror of what happened to her, but that's the way it is. It will also turn out that BC was probably not constantly as bad as people wanted to believe he was. Neither of those things has anything to do with his possible guilt.

What struck me beyond the mudslinging on all sides was the absolute lack of sympathy or empathy that BC displayed for his slain wife, the one he had earlier said he wanted to stay married to. I think if I were writing all that, I would include something in there about the family's common loss, and his anger at the person who stole Nancy's life, and his daughters' mother. I cannot understand being coldly argumentative about your wife's exaggerations, even if true, only days after her murder.

I am somewhat afraid that the investigation will continue to make unspecified progress but yet never end; however, I still have faith and some confidence that this case will be solved.

I know, work is really in the way :) The nerve really!

Just a couple of points and some questions I have. One for the VoIP guy. Can you have a Cisco phone service? My father works for Cisco and he has everything paid for by Cisco pretty much. His VERY high speed data line, his cell phone and his VOIP service. His VoIP service is from Vonage, but he uses Cisco phones. Oh wait, I think I know what you mean. Like he would have the whole system in the house? Like the old style Nortel systems where you have a whole system in the house? Why would one do that though? If they just had VoIP, I would assume that they still had either Time Warner service (hence the Time Warner subpoena) or Vonage. I am assuming Time Warner though since they were indeed subpoenaed.

Ok, I think I know what you meant now. Typing it out helped! LOL

One other point, I don't think he lied about the training. He did not register for the Ironman and he had not updated his blog since January, so where was the lie there that he hadn't been training? I am confused unless there are blog posts I had missed. The friends I have who are techies that train update their training blogs pretty regularly if nothing but to keep note of their times and the like. Especially if they have the data recorders from Nike and such which I think someone said Brad did purchase or have.

Just for the sake of discussion, I want to repeat that I am from Cary, have multiple family members employed at Cisco (and others formerly employed at Cisco), am a degreed computer scientist who graduated from NC State and I am married to a "phone" guy, though he isn't real deep in the Cisco IP phones.

And just to reiterate someone else's statement. Your VoIP line has nothing to do with telecommuting. That is your high speed data line. Two separate things though many people around here have both provided by Time Warner.
If you read his affidavit it says he hadn't trained since June, 2007. Yet his next goal was the Lake Placid Ironman July 2008 (which was this month). I also know firsthand that this particular event fills up the same day it is offered online! He HAD to be registered for it in January when he wrote his last entry. It was already filled up in July 2007. Also you'll read in his training log that he was back up to a six mile run and talking about meseauring his body fat or something. That is what I call training in January 2008...which he said he had not done since June 2007!

Fran, you are so right on! I totally agree with you. You understand the nuances which is so, so important. Many people miss those.

Hyperbole aside, and believing that Brad is the culprit in this horrendous crime... it now comes down to what can be proven in a court of law, assuming enough evidence is amassed to even qualify to take this case to trial.

And therein lies the mystery for us sleuthers. We don't know what LE has on the guy, aside from the obvious things such as the contentious separation, etc. The affidavits give us some good clues into the state of things in that rel'p, but it's not enough.

I am waiting anxiously to learn what REAL evidence might exist--the kind of evidence that would allow the DA to feel confident about proceeding forward with a murder charge.

I'm not saying that he didn't do it, I'm just saying that we don't need to string him up by his toes and go on about how horrible he is until we know all the facts and have the evidence that beyond a shadow of a doubt says that he killed his wife.

jmo

Ok, I guess just judging from the people I know who train and use a blog, this to me looked like an attempt in January to try to say he was going to recommit and then he never did. Just because he was running wouldn't mean he was training. But I guess it just depends on how you look at it? Had he been there before? Here is a link to a story where if you have been at the event prior you can register the day before - http://www.fitness4sports.com/gonna-try-to-register-for-lake-placid-ironman.html. There were also numerous hits where they were going to reopen registration for these things for an additional two hour window here or there. So I don't think you have to be registered a year before hand.

I guess for me it is not a lie. And I guess whether he was controlling, selfish, ego centric, a big spender, training for a marathon and all the other horrid things he might have been, that still doesn't mean he did her in. Which, I have no idea if he did or not, but none of it proves a thing for me.

I too would like to thank the posters who have shared their stories. You have no idea how you stories effect those of us who read them. They seriously make me cry. This is why I become so involved in these types of cases, why I'm so, ok, mouthy once I'm confident I know who did it.

I have never been a victim of domestic violence, thank goodness. I was one of the lucky ones. But, I've known SEVERAL victims. I've known victims who did it, over, and over, and over, and over again. It was like she was a magnet, or she was magnetized to towards them. I guess it's a personality trait, to her detriment, I might add.

I've seen an abusive relationship develope, slowly over a period of time. NOTHING prior to marriage. I was there for the wedding and my four daughters were brides maids. We saw them off on their honeymoon and their return to buy their dream home. All you expect at the beinning of two people who are in love..................But, all good things come to an end. The constant phone calls when your somewhere else start out as cute, he can't live without you............and.....................I saw this same love story turned horror film, go on for 8 years......911 calls, leave her 100 miles from home on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, no money, nothing..........oh....yeah, the animal cruelty goes in there too, but you gotta watch those dogs you try to kill and fail, because when you've reached the abyss, and decide it's time to do away with wifey, she's made a friend and,....he's no friend of your's as you found out in the midst of the act of attempted murder.

Ok....sorry, got carried away.............

Bless all of you survivors! :blowkiss:

YOU are an inspiratation and an example of what all of the abused victims could be.

There is life AFTER..........Just RUN and seek HELP.......and even if you can't find help, you don't need someone who will abuse you. They are just so NOT worth your life!

JMHO
fran

PS...also a note to all survivors that have shared their stories within these pages,........you do realize you've gotten your revenge against your abuser. Your 'revenge' is your happiness. A happiness with someone who appreciates YOU for YOU. Good job!

:blowkiss:

fran

They have apparently gotten a warrant and seach his office at Cisco. Here is the updated link from WRAL. Sorry if this has already been posted. Just trying to keep up with all the posts.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3302342/

Thanks IMHO63

I was curious why only the N & O reported applying for a hearing on the issue of the warrants. It appears from this that WRAL is also involved.

Hope they win their issue but more so hoping the warrants stay sealed so that justice may proceed.

I'm not saying that he didn't do it, I'm just saying that we don't need to string him up by his toes and go on about how horrible he is until we know all the facts and have the evidence that beyond a shadow of a doubt says that he killed his wife.

I'll settle for "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the standard used in criminal trials. :)

Here's another possibility...Do you think someone was hired to kill her?

Hyperbole aside, and believing that Brad is the culprit in this horrendous crime... it now comes down to what can be proven in a court of law, assuming enough evidence is amassed to even qualify to take this case to trial.

And therein lies the mystery for us sleuthers. We don't know what LE has on the guy, aside from the obvious things such as the contentious separation, etc. The affidavits give us some good clues into the state of things in that rel'p, but it's not enough.

I am waiting anxiously to learn what REAL evidence might exist--the kind of evidence that would allow the DA to feel confident about proceeding forward with a murder charge.

Like they say, "The devil is in the details."

It's the details that IF he did this crime, will get him caught.

He has an MBA, in I'm assuming computer science or something related to it.

He's NOT trained or formally educated to commit murder, or ANY 'crime.'

But............LE, the forensic chemists, the ME, the DA, the judges, they ARE formally trained to CATCH criminals.

IF he did this crime, I do NOT think he's an even match for those who's j o b is to catch the bad guys.

JMHO
fran

allright...I'm going back to just reading...my thoughts don't come out right *LOL*

Reading the rebuttal affidavit of BC was interesting.

To me, her friends overplayed their hands in several instances and BC has been able to come back and show that their stories are overblown. Of course the only story that will really matter is the one that gets told to the jury. But at first there was the temptation, out of sympathy and trying to make sense of this I suppose, for people to fit Nancy into the sweet innocent controlled victim mold and Brad as the complete uncaring monster mold. Given that they were both real people, this would never turn out to be the full true picture. Yet Nancy didn't owe anyone being perfect as a pre-condition to our community's shared sorrow for losing her.

There will be negative things about Nancy. That's irritating to see because of the horror of what happened to her, but that's the way it is. It will also turn out that BC was probably not constantly as bad as people wanted to believe he was. Neither of those things has anything to do with his possible guilt.

What struck me beyond the mudslinging on all sides was the absolute lack of sympathy or empathy that BC displayed for his slain wife, the one he had earlier said he wanted to stay married to. I think if I were writing all that, I would include something in there about the family's common loss, and his anger at the person who stole Nancy's life, and his daughters' mother. I cannot understand being coldly argumentative about your wife's exaggerations, even if true, only days after her murder.

I am somewhat afraid that the investigation will continue to make unspecified progress but yet never end; however, I still have faith and some confidence that this case will be solved.

Great post ! I do agree and believe that these affidavits should be viewed very gingerly - custody of those children was on the line following the murder of a woman. Emotions were pretty raw for those folks and so I can say nothing to their detriment, they all are in a truly bad spot.

The only thing about the affidavits that did indeed bother me was as you say, the coldly argumentative nature of the defendant with regards to his deceased wife. I have to say I was definitely astounded by this despite the man trying to fight for his children. Iy could have been handled differently and quite frankly I am at a loss to understand why his lawyer would allow this approach. I don't think he served his client well in this instance. JMO.

It's the details that IF he did this crime, will get him caught.

Yes, absolutely!

IF he did this crime, I do NOT think he's an even match for those who's j o b is to catch the bad guys.
I sure hope he's not a match for them. Although admittedly even criminals can sometimes be the recipient of dumb luck, as much as anyone else can. And as I said before, it comes down to what can be presented and proven in a court of law. The game is often frustrating because justice does not happen 100% of the time in our system.

But hopefully it will prevail in this and other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie