Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what does everyone think will happen tomorrow? I believe BC will not get his kids back, but what happens next? Is this an extension of the temporary order that says they will stay in Canada for another 3 months or a year and then the issue will be revisited?

No sure at all about dementia, but no doubt she was looking for attention .
She told CPD in very clear terms and they had her statement to consider in the scope of the investigation. Sounds like she wanted her 'name in lights', so she called K&B.

Not sure about that one. I think if she is sure she saw NC, then really it was the responsible thing to do to call the defense team what with the custody battle about to be decided. As to the name in lights issue, surely she did not sit down at home and write that affidavit - the defense attorneys did it. They were probably responsible for the repeated mentions of CPD not following up, to further the agenda of discrediting CPD. It might not have been that big a deal to the woman, even if true.

Nothing is known about this affidavit other than it is filed and says what it says. However, those in the know on the evidence will be thinking about how to deal with the merits of the affidavit, which is what's important.

Obviously it is possible this woman saw someone else. Some people see Jesus in a piece of toast. Humans are funny creatures. But as it is there is someone no one knows saying she reported something heretofore believed unreported. There is much fog, and the fog is bad for NC's family's case and currently for any criminal case against BC. Yet the story is not yet known from the LE side.

For example, when the JY evidence was released, it became abundantly clear JY should have and should be charged, yet he hasn't. Maybe they have such damning evidence here too.

Sounds to me that CPD knows she is mistaken cause their evidence does not support NC jogging after 7 am. Obviously that fact will be crystal clear when there is an arrest and the DA lays out their case.

Yes. The question is...will I be getting social security retirement benefits by the time this case gets laid out? (note: I am nowhere near retirement).

I have zero doubt that this affiant is positive she believes she saw Nancy. I believe she did see someone and thinks that person was Nancy. What I don't know is: was the woman she saw running, in fact, Nancy? I don't know. And if I don't know I can't assume it absolutely was Nancy. The other things I don't know are what evidence exists that proves Nancy never left her house alive that Sat. morning? We're working with such a small subset of the total.

I agree 100%. I just can't say that the woman this affiant saw was NOT Nancy Cooper.

She told CPD in very clear terms and they had her statement to consider in the scope of the investigation. Sounds like she wanted her 'name in lights', so she called K&B.
No doubt attention. Wait until all the media is gathering and swoop in at the last second when she had how long to do this?? 3 months:waitasec:

Last week I actually turned around to look at a jogger I had just passed who looked so much like NC. I actually thought it could be Krista. Lochmere has over 1400 homes...many could look like NC. We are dealing with an enormous subdivision...many look alikes.

Yep, no doubt. All of the other people just wanted justice....but this woman wants attention. And she probably expected that this would be a murder case when she saw the flyer on the 12th....and just plotted a way to get herself attention. She called the police on the 13th to put that plan in motion. And here we are 3 months later and she gets to act on that plan. I hear she is doing a book deal as well. :bang:

True. Given that NC was so tall, I would assume that would have also stood out in her mind. I mean there may be a number of women with similar features, but she was taller than most. It would be interesting to know what exactly it was that made them dismiss the (alleged) sighting.

It's probably called "Brad Cooper did it itis".

No doubt attention. Wait until all the media is gathering and swoop in at the last second when she had how long to do this?? 3 months:waitasec:

Last week I actually turned around to look at a jogger I had just passed who looked so much like NC. I actually thought it could be Krista. Lochmere has over 1400 homes...many could look like NC. We are dealing with an enormous subdivision...many look alikes.

Then why doesn't the person who looks like NC and passed the woman with the dog on Saturday at 7:10am
come forward?

It is a big neighborhood, but I just recall from looking at the pictures (somewhere on here) of one the runs NC did that she literally towered over the other runners. It just seems as though that would eliminate a majority of the look a likes. Perhaps the woman had seen her on more than that one time. Perhaps they frequently passed each other? Maybe that is why she is adamant that it was her?

It's probably called "Brad Cooper did it itis".

If they have it, there's good reason. I honestly do not think they just ignore information because they think Brad's guilty.

Then why doesn't the person who looks like NC and passed the woman with the dog on Saturday at 7:10am
come forward?

Not everyone is glued to every news flash like we are! Give it some time... this may indeed happen!

It is a big neighborhood, but I just recall from looking at the pictures (somewhere on here) of one the runs NC did that she literally towered over the other runners. It just seems as though that would eliminate a majority of the look a likes. Perhaps the woman had seen her on more than that one time. Perhaps they frequently passed each other? Maybe that is why she is adamant that it was her?

That's a thought...

come forward?

Give it a little time...the news just broke today.
After the news gets around, betcha the 'real runner' is revealed real soon.

Jump, I really admire how you don't get offended and are so easy to converse with, even when you are posting with someone you disagree with. :)

I have said nothing offensive. Can you please just lay off of me. I'm clearly to sensitive for your type and I will agree to ignore your post and you can ignore mine. kthnxbye.

Closed for clean up. Do not start another general discussion thread.

The personal attacks stop now. Attack the post NOT the poster.

There is no reason to continue to use full names of those involved in this case. First name and an initial will do just fine.

Thread out your thoughts and ideas. New witness? Start a thread and discuss it there. This will be the last general discussion thread for this forum so get used to using the forum in the way it was intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member