Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silver lining in this so far is the children are out of harms way. This is 1 major relief for the family especially in this situation. I would think it is not customary to remove children because family members say they heard something and the person is not there to verify it. I feel either the 4 year old has said enough to her family & friends or the authorities have enough on Brad to take this huge step.

I do not see anything pointing to say that Brad did not do this himself. There doesn't seem to be any evidence coming out that would substantiate a jealous lover (mistress) killed Nancy.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, since I'm behind a dozen pages, but under pressure was it weird the husband named the running friend "Carrie", almost as if he had the phone book in front of him, debating calling the non-911 number of the "Cary" police station? This has probably been discussed --- but it does seem to happen, that someone "reaching" for a name says the first at-all-appropriate name that they get from their surroundings.....

If I am not mistaken Ms. Adams has been quoted that Nancy DOES have a friend name Carrie, has mentioned her to her before, but she did not know her last name or contact info. It is my understanding that she is a real person, just not aquainted with Ms. Adams or perhpas the other friend set.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, since I'm behind a dozen pages, but under pressure was it weird the husband named the running friend "Carrie", almost as if he had the phone book in front of him, debating calling the non-911 number of the "Cary" police station? This has probably been discussed --- but it does seem to happen, that someone "reaching" for a name says the first at-all-appropriate name that they get from their surroundings.....

When I saw Nancy's friend "Clea" talking on Fox (I think it was Fox) the other day, she was asked if she knew this Carrie person, and she said that she DID know of her. So Carrie does exist, but Carrie said she did not have plans of running with Nancy that morning.

Ernest Hemingway said that courage is grace under pressure.

Nancy's family sure has a lot of courage -- to me, they are the epitome of grace under pressure.

I'm glad her family has custody of the children. I think the kids will be a lot better off being cared for and raised by such a warm, loving family.

I certainly can't discount the possibility. Or the possibility that there was more than one person involved here. Before, during or after the murder. If the mistress wasn't involved, I hope she's talking.
She should do the decent thing and be talking to her husband (if she has one) before this breaks wide open in the national media.

If there were another person involved in the murder, I think we would already know about search warrants being issued and LE converging on the person. I don't anticipate more than one arrest here.

Is there a reason we need to post personal information about her best friend here?! She was the one who stood by Nancy and did the absolute right thing! I beg you to remove that post, please!

She should do the decent thing and be talking to her husband (if she has one) before this breaks wide open in the national media.

If there were another person involved in the murder, I think we would already know about search warrants being issued and LE converging on the person. I don't anticipate more than one arrest here.

ITA, the fact that only one warrant was issued and it was for Brad speaks loudly.

Taximom & raisincharlie: I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Nancy had been to Hilton Head with her family. I guess that we can assume the kids were with her, but just for the sake of accuracy, I thought that I'd point out what I remember from previous reports.

You are correct, Hilton Head, with her family.

I do not see anything pointing to say that Brad did not do this himself. There doesn't seem to be any evidence coming out that would substantiate a jealous lover (mistress) killed Nancy.

Agreed, the known facts and to date witness accounts do not support an alternative theory at this time. I also, in the interest of fairness wnat to point out, that although I personally believe that BC has had extra-marital affairs and or may be involved in one currently, I have YET to see the freinds/neighbors be quoted as to their specific knowledge. In the link, it provides general info not fact checked or referenced to a specific source.

I say this because I saw a few posts that I was concerned may put some folks under an unwarranted microscope by pursuing such a generalization.
Meaning, if I were one of Nancy's friends, regardless of how close, I think it's fair to assume people familiar with this case would be wondering if I was the mystery adultress, and I think it could be undue stress to those of her friends already under enormous grief conditions. Just a thought.

I have heard it referred to as a "block party" a few times on the national news shows. It sounded more like a "dinner party" type to me tho. (Remember what type of neighborhood she lived in! It wouldn't be your typical block party!)

I would have to think that as her very best friend, Jessica would call whenever with no problem. I think the late evening call was probably to talk about the plans for the next day and maybe just to check to see how Nancy was doing. Nancy was feeling "rough" at the party. (I think due to stress and maybe she had told Brad she was leaving either before the party or knew she wanted to discuss it afterwards.)

Agreed- my best friend and I call or text each other any time. I think Jessica has a lot of inside information from Nancy- but she is no dummy and is trying not to compromise the investigation. IMO. Clearly, her heart is breaking.
Also, our street has this kind of informal "happy hour/dinner" all the time. Neighbors with small children either rotate child duty or sometimes come in shifts. My best friend lives on another street - same neighborhood, but is almost never invited. Adults have "cliques" too.

According to public record from Wake County website, there is Brett and Jessica that own these two properties. I don't know how close the breyman ct address is to BC's

What is the purpose of this, please remove.

One thing that troubles me...is the thought that Brad really had until 1pm (when friend called police), to cover, dispose of, or clean up any evidence. Even with the kids present, he could still be working all day to cover his tracks. I still think that LE will have enough evidence, but the thought of him getting away with this, makes me cringe. In the photos, the BMW looked like it was fresh out of the car wash. He could have even taken the kids with him before the friend called police to drive through a local car wash. I know my kids love going through the car wash! My point...in between taking care of the kids, he had a lot of unsupervised time to get rid of evidence.

headdownstream: I agree with SS and I don't see the relevance of their friend's personal info and I wonder about the propriety of adding it to the case files. Though, I will add that without using any measurement device other than a glance at a map, it's only a few miles; I'd guess between five and seven, depending on which way that you go.

Agreed, the known facts and to date witness accounts do not support an alternative theory at this time. I also, in the interest of fairness wnat to point out, that although I personally believe that BC has had extra-marital affairs and or may be involved in one currently, I have YET to see the freinds/neighbors be quoted as to their specific knowledge. In the link, it provides general info not fact checked or referenced to a specific source.

I say this because I saw a few posts that I was concerned may put some folks under an unwarranted microscope by pursuing such a generalization.
Meaning, if I were one of Nancy's friends, regardless of how close, I think it's fair to assume people familiar with this case would be wondering if I was the mystery adultress, and I think it could be undue stress to those of her friends already under enormous grief conditions. Just a thought.
Blink, the petition for the custody of the children do cite an affair as being part of the cause. So this is fact now.

I agree we don't need to speculate and post information about her current friends here tho. Obviously, Nancy knew of the affair and would NOT be associating herself with the woman. It is very safe to say that not one of her current friends would be Brad's mistress.

***A somewhat similar case, another feeling of being punched in the stomach, of Amy Wroe-Bechtel, a young, beautiful jogger too... hope when Nancy's case has some resolution people might check this one out.... husband never arrested:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26730&highlight=wroe

***Whenever a new idea hits one of us be assured it'll be hitting several of us! Sounds off-topic but it's not.... Kuhn shows in "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" that when people EVEN LIKE US from all over the world are working to solve a puzzle/problem/(nightmare like this one), the resolution usually happens simultaneously. Just a bit of a rally for why a think-tank like this is so successful. Back to the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid