Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 4:37 a.m. here and I have to go to bed. I can't believe I stayed up so late. it's starting to get light outside here! It's been a pleasure "talking" with you.

How in the heck do you work on your roof at night -- do you have floodlights set up or something?

The short answer is very quietly, but yes, I have some lights set up. It's the coolest part of the day (you can't really do much midday) and we'll soon be going on vacation. I've already mentioned that I live in a place with an inordinate amount of crime; Pretty regularly, when people go on vacation, someone breaks-in and steals most of their valuables and if the owners don't come back or the police investigate, the criminals will return and take the furniture and occasionally they'll steal the air conditioner and the fixtures (toilets, sinks, windows, doors etc.). There's just no way that I can leave shingles and roofing supplies laying around, while we're gone.

ETA: Thought of something else. Nancy and Brad were married for 8 years. How long does it take for these facades to crumble enough for the wives (or husbands) to recognize the danger signs, do you figure?

I hate to say it, but there does seem to be some basis for the seven-year-itch or at least I've seen anecdotal evidence. Though it's not the same thing by any means, but perhaps there's some kind of magical threshold around that number.

ETA: Thought of something else. Nancy and Brad were married for 8 years. How long does it take for these facades to crumble enough for the wives (or husbands) to recognize the danger signs, do you figure?

Do we know they have been married for 8 years? I read that they had moved to Cary 8 years ago....but was that when they first got married? I wonder how well Nancy's family knew Brad before she moved to the states with him.

My boys are in their 20's so I always think "could this be my future daughter-in-law?" when they have a serious girl. We like to get to know the girl as much as possible - even though the boys are in college (an hour away) and very busy. No doubt any girl's family feels the same way about my son!

My neighbor called on his way to work this morning. Cary LE was on Holly Springs Road stopping traffic and asking if anyone saw anything last Saturday. This was about 7am this morning.

Hi
New here...Thanks for your help Chico. Just thought I would wake up to some news. I haven't seen anything yet, but of course came here first.
I am just so sad about Nancy. I even had a very vivid nightmare of her and her children last night. Too heartwrenching to go into detail. But it made me wake up and go kiss my babies while they slept. I think it is so so sad that she was doing everything she could to get away. She knew deep down that he was capable of something, but we never think that someone we know and loved would MURDER us. I say that IF he is convicted. IMO!!!!!!!!

My neighbor called on his way to work this morning. Cary LE was on Holly Springs Road stopping traffic and asking if anyone saw anything last Saturday. This was about 7am this morning.

Hiya wirehair

Welcome to WS! :seeya:

So good to hear there are signs of active investigation!
Thanks for the info!

Sorry if this has been mentioned before - I've read every post except the past 2-3 pages (gotta be somewhere in 30 min!)...

I think several posts have mentioned that the girls haven't asked about their mother, IIRC? When I read the statements by the family, I thought they said they have not told the girls about what happened to their mother and that the girls have not mentioned "it". I think the "it" the their mother being hurt or missing or dead or whatever, rather than they haven't asked about their mother. As a mom to two young children myself, I feel certain they have asked about her. So I think maybe their statement was misinterpreted. I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation. :)

Also - Wow! Brad was a busy guy! Training for triathlons, working, MBA, husband/father (cough cough), AND an affair.... Geez.

:Welcome-12-june: to all :newbie: members! :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned before - I've read every post except the past 2-3 pages (gotta be somewhere in 30 min!)...

I think several posts have mentioned that the girls haven't asked about their mother, IIRC? When I read the statements by the family, I thought they said they have not told the girls about what happened to their mother and that the girls have not mentioned "it". I think the "it" the their mother being hurt or missing or dead or whatever, rather than they haven't asked about their mother. As a mom to two young children myself, I feel certain they have asked about her. So I think maybe their statement was misinterpreted. I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation. :)

Also - Wow! Brad was a busy guy! Training for triathlons, working, MBA, husband/father (cough cough), AND an affair.... Geez.

Well in the news conference yesterday, the grandparents clearly said that they had not asked for their mom. Certainly you would expect that they had indeed, but when you have a twin sister who's showing the same love and affection, perhaps circumstances are different.

I woke up this morning thinking, if he had just let her take those girls back to Canada, he would have avoided a world of problems. If money was his motivation, she could have done very little in a Canadian court to enforce alimony or child support. He totally goofed on that one. So once she began pursuing the separation in US courts (or more specifically in talking with an attorney), Brad realized his goose was cooked.

For someone as intelligent as he is, and clearly, with the ability for high level reasoning, he completely lost all aspects of reality in this.

Several people have mentioned in early posts about why we can't see in Brad, Scott Peterson, Jason Young, Raven Abaroa, and others the ability or potential of doing such heinous acts. The fact is, they don't have this inherent characteristic or trait that automatically dooms them. They enter a path of sin and deception, which over time desensitizes them to right and wrong, or in other words, their conscience is completely gone. The adversary (specifically in cases of adultery - and that's the primary link in ALL these cases) fools these individuals into thinking that they can get away with everything. Their condition changes over time, like the slow leak of a tire.

Well in the news conference yesterday, the grandparents clearly said that they had not asked for their mom. Certainly you would expect that they had indeed, but when you have a twin sister who's showing the same love and affection, perhaps circumstances are different.

I woke up this morning thinking, if he had just let her take those girls back to Canada, he would have avoided a world of problems. If money was his motivation, she could have done very little in a Canadian court to enforce alimony or child support. He totally goofed on that one. So once she began pursuing the separation in US courts (or more specifically in talking with an attorney), Brad realized his goose was cooked.

For someone as intelligent as he is, and clearly, with the ability for high level reasoning, he completely lost all aspects of reality in this.

Several people have mentioned in early posts about why we can't see in Brad, Scott Peterson, Jason Young, Raven Abaroa, and others the ability or potential of doing such heinous acts. The fact is, they don't have this inherent characteristic or trait that automatically dooms them. They enter a path of sin and deception, which over time desensitizes them to right and wrong, or in other words, their conscience is completely gone. The adversary (specifically in cases of adultery - and that's the primary link in ALL these cases) fools these individuals into thinking that they can get away with everything. Their condition changes over time, like the slow leak of a tire.

Good thoughts NC. He would have been better off had he just let her take the kids to Canada. I know a few extrememly intelligent people that completely lack common sense. My brother in law could answer any physics Question put to him but doesn't know what to do or who to call if his car breaks down.

Is their some inherent characteristic or trait that automatically dooms some people to conclude guilt ahead of evidence?

Is that not a path of sin and deception, which over time desensitizes them to right and wrong, or in other words, to a point where their conscience becomes completely gone?

ditto cam moon! If I were ever to be found dead there would be no purse and bruises all over my legs and arms...

why?

because I am a tomboy and always have been...and hate purses.. (could Nancy have hated purses and just stuck the stuff she needed in her pockets....? )

And because if someone bought me a LV purse I would pretend to be all happy about it but could care less if it sat in the car all night LOL

Ditto that me. Purses, what a pain!

Is their some inherent characteristic or trait that automatically dooms some people to conclude guilt ahead of evidence?

Is that not a path of sin and deception, which over time desensitizes them to right and wrong, or in other words, to a point where their conscience becomes completely gone?

No. That's what we do here. We look at what is known aout the case and speculate on who and why could have done it.

You think the boogey man did it?

I'm sorry - I thought we had indeed heard all manner of evidence in this case, have we not? There's certainly no deception of lack of conscience involved in adding that evidence to conclude who we overwhelmingly believe is responsible for this...

I'm sorry - I thought we had indeed heard all manner of evidence in this case, have we not? There's certainly no deception of lack of conscience involved in adding that evidence to conclude who we overwhelmingly believe is responsible for this...

Would you please list the sufficient, material, reliable and competent evidence for me?

Exactly. There is some circumstantial "evidence" which is hard to ignore, like the rumors about their relationship, the bleach purchase and her parents publicly accusing him of the crime in their petition for custody, but none are irrefutable, "CSI - Las Vegas" facts.

When I was a teen, I got the "Sheriff Lobo/Roscoe P. Coltrane" treatment from a neighboring town, but I've always considered the Cary PD to be a model of professionalism and beyond reproach. If he did it and if they can find the evidence, I trust that he'll be indicted, but until that time, I don't really know. And, if he didn't do it and if she was the victim of a random act, I honestly can't be as sure.

Hello! He lied in a big way about what he purchased and when he purchased it! Milk and bread at 6am can't be confused with cleaning suppplies at 4am. No reason to tell a lie that transparent unless you are talking faster than you are thinking 'cause you know your wife's body is decomposing down the street, IMO!:bang:

Susan

Thanks, NCB, for the info... I haven't seen the PC from yesterday. I think I had read something several days back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard