Nancy Grace 10/9 Thurs

I'm in Virginia. Our procedure is apparently very different. Here, a prosecutor can either take a charge directly to a grand jury or they can opt for a preliminary hearing where a judge would decide whether to send the case to the grand jury.

Here, you would be charged with either 1st or 2nd Degree murder or with capital murder. Only capital murder charges can result in a death penalty and the crime has to meet certain criteria before someone can be charged with capital murder. And the prosecutor would be called a commonwealth's attorney. LOL

We had a case in my home county years ago where a young boy was tortured with a stun gun, raped and killed. The criteria at the time included murder in the commission of a rape, but only for adults. The prosecutor was able to charge capital murder only because the murderer took the boy's shoes, because murder in the commission of a robbery was included in capital crimes.

The law was later changed to include rape of someone under 14 because of that case, later again changed to murder of someone under 14.

oh ok-- I just read you on the other thread-- I missed this.
That example is terrible!!, but interesting--wow. It does a good job to show how VA carved out those special victim exceptions. Yikes. Thanks for the information!

Why can't trials be televised anymore? :( It would be so fun to watch this one.
LP seems wound up. Tim saying there's zero possibility she's alive - so definitive. Something is SO going on here.

some are....OJ was

Why can't trials be televised anymore? :( It would be so fun to watch this one.
LP seems wound up. Tim saying there's zero possibility she's alive - so definitive. Something is SO going on here.

I think you're right!
For Tim to say it flat out, "zero possibility" that Caylee might be alive is the bottom line for me.

I think we will all be shocked when the State presents their case.
They must have all kinds of evidence they haven't leaked.

~

To date, I have not heard, or, read of one NORMAL person who says they actually 'saw' Caylee on the night of the 15th. Some un-named 'neighbor' heard a fight? Hmmm...but, nobody said they saw Caylee.................BTW: grandmothers don't STRANGLE their adult daughters over a simple credit card usage, but, WILL strangle them for ?

In Tony's interview he states that Casey did not spend the night with him on June 15. IIRC, there was also some texting back and forth between the two of them for several hours into the early hours of the 16th.

I don't recall reading Tony stating Casey didn't sleep at his house the evening of June 15th. I didn't hear LE even ask Tony whether Casey slept over on June 15th!

To date, I have not heard, or, read of one NORMAL person who says they actually 'saw' Caylee on the night of the 15th. Some un-named 'neighbor' heard a fight? Hmmm...but, nobody said they saw Caylee.................BTW: grandmothers don't STRANGLE their adult daughters over a simple credit card usage, but, WILL strangle them for ?

I firmly believe CA would strangle KC over repeated THEFT, and repeated LIES that have been, in KC's words going on for years. It was a culmination of the past, not just one simple credit card use.

The answer was to "Who will be babysitting the princess of darkness?" LOL

:waitasec:
Correct me if I am wrong...several have asked about kc having to have another person with her (babysit). She is under house arrest. Nothing states that someone must be with her at all times.

:waitasec:
Correct me if I am wrong...several have asked about kc having to have another person with her (babysit). She is under house arrest. Nothing states that someone must be with her at all times.

Casey doesn't need anyone to stay with her while she is under "house arrest." Casey can actually get a job etc. ...

For stealing lots of $$ from Cindy's elderly parents Nursing home fund in which KC had done.. I believe this put CA over the edge with KC JMO

Casey doesn't need anyone to stay with her while she is under "house arrest." Casey can actually get a job etc. ...

I think having a babysitter with Casey was what the Padilla's required to post her bond.

I'll try to stand still. LOL Okay, that was my only point - that NG was incorrectly reporting the prosecutors were seeking a capital murder charge since it was being taken to the grand jury and only capital murder charges go to the grand jury. NG was wrong.
WHAT! NG wrong about something!

Hi Sleuths! :crazy:

Does anyone know if Nancy Grace is going to be 2 hours tonight? Or, did I miss-understand?

Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back