Nancy Grace 8.28.08 Tony Padilla On

Ya know, despite my 'jabs' at the Anthony family (made out of frustration as well as observations of their behavior) I DO feel so badly for them.

I wonder if they have been advised by Baez and their hired mouthpeice Garrison to Deny Deny Deny, stick up for their daughter and are just doing what the 'professionals' in their corner are instructing them to do. They are obviously very volitile and emotional personalities and are trying to do what their 'hired' guns are telling them to do, but because of their emotional natures- they find that difficult.

I would absolutely HATE to be their brains when it comes time to go to bed at night and ruminate on everything- I'd rather be drawn and quartered!

I have tons of love and compassion for Caylee. After all she is the innocent victim in all of this.

Not Casey.

Earlier in this case, I had more compassion for this family.
Only Caylee has my compassion at this time

Oh spit! She can see JosE in jail!

ooops...forgot....LE records and tapes all of the attorney-client visits in jail. According to either TP or LP....:rolleyes:

but then he can "lean"into her........:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I've been lurking for a while after being told that my posts aren't welcome here, and if this post gets me banned, so be it. How utterly refreshing to finally read something written with compassion and understanding of what a horrid thing the Anthony family, and most especially Cindy, are struggling to deal with. I agree completely, Cindy's inability to accept reality is sad and pitiful. The woman needs emotional support, not ridicule and scorn. She's lost her grandchild for gosh sakes, a child that she obviously loved and adored. She is soon going to have to accept that her daughter is a murderer, capable of killing her own child. Perhaps some here could simply accept those things without batting an eyelash, obviously Cindy can't. Someone posted earlier that Cindy "deserves" everything that happens to her. It makes me shudder to see such a dark side of humanity. Who deserves to lose their granddaughter?

Everyone is so concerned about whether Casey might commit suicide. Cindy is the one I worry about. Stephen Grant's father killed himself because he couldn't live with knowledge of what his son had done....and he didn't have half the nation gleefully spewing venom at him.

Yes Cindy is acting frantic and "weird" according to some people. I'd be suspicious of her if she was acting any other way. That poor poor woman.

Thank you, Nicki, for showing me that I am not alone in extending my sympathy to Cindy. You're a good person.

I couldn't agree with you more, every single word!!

QUESTION- would the bail bondsman have to pay the entire $500k if the suspect never showed up to court? Does that still apply if the suspect is dead?

LP et al. might be nervous now thinking if she flees or kills herself, they'd pay the whole $500k -- they might consider $50k being the cost of the publicity they're getting...but half a million dollars is a different ballpark

i hope somebody, a friend or a family member intervenes and helps Cindy

she is a lost soul and in a month or so she wont remember anything she has said or done. because right now i think she is one step away from falling over the edge.

dont get me wrong, she is a little weird probably when things are not crumbling

but this is just simply too much for her to even grasp -

she is in total denial and frankly if one were to put themselves in her position
then we might understand

she needs to be medicated -

she needs prayers-

<------formerly a heartless cold blooded ruthless robotic dog

but im trying to do better - this woman (cindy) is a walking time bomb

casey on the other hand-- i feel nothing but hate for her..

denial is hard to understand for all of that are not in her situation

she will continue to grasp for straws for some time - its a nightmare that doesnt end for her... she is lost

Now I have the answers. :) Tony spoke and explains it as such: Leonard is the guarantor of the bond, he put it up, and he can take it back.

Just as if I was to bond out someone with my own money and then I hear they may take off, I can't take the bond back.

So this saves face for Tony as well as Leonard.

The part I put in bold...............this is the only chance a guarantor has to recoup the collaterial they've put up for the bond. They are instructed at the time of the bond transaction, that if they feel the person being bonded out will not appear in court, they can revoke the bond and safeguard their investment.

In most cases where the bond is a high amount, individuals making bond have to pay 10% is cash and then put up collaterial for the remaining amount of the bond. In this case, with a $500,000 bond, LP put up $50,000 is cash, which he doesn't get back when he revokes the bond. But, he's got $450,000 in collaterial that he will safeguard.

Cindy, IMHO is in total denial. It is sad really. She is acting like she's pshycotic herself. She is probably running on pure adrenaline and is afraid is she stops talking, yelling, denying the truth will creep into her heart and she can't let that happen. If you consider the way she's acting and listen to the words coming out of her mouth, it's just sad. I have a hard time watching/listening to her, it's actually painful to watch. I honestly feel that as bad as she's making herself look she just does not want to admit to herself that Caylee is gone. To us it looks like she's defending Casey with her bizare behavior but if you "look" deeper than the surface, you can tell that she's REALLY is in complete denial. To admit to the evidence would mean admitting that her grandbaby is gone. I really think that no matter what the evidence or how damning she will NOT believe Caylee is gone without a body. Makes me hate Casey even more. (if that's possible).

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Standing ovation!

Cindy is acting so whack-a-doodle, I'd be afraid she'd help Casey either try to escape or commit suicide so Casey wouldn't have to go back to jail. Maybe a murder/suicide. Seriously....

I know I would hate to walk in Cindy's shoes. I do believe she is having a nervous breakdown and it is sad for all of us to see. I am not her so I don't know how I would react. Thank you for sharing your feelings.

I agree. I believe Cindy is Casey's biggest threat. I'm all for the Padilla's to get her back to jail. I suppose if Cindy did beat Casey within an inch of her life there would still be posters to say it was uncalled for.

QUESTION- would the bail bondsman have to pay the entire $500k if the suspect never showed up to court? Does that still apply if the suspect is dead?

snipped

No, it's like insurance, they paid the $50,000 premium. If she doesn't show, the bond (like your policy) pays the $500,000

I agree. I believe Cindy is Casey's biggest threat. I'm all for the Padilla's to get her back to jail. I suppose if Cindy did beat Casey within an inch of her life there would still be posters to say it was uncalled for.

I wouldn't. That's exactly what I'm waiting for with Cindy.

But I won't hold my breath.

I gotta believe Tim Miller isn't drinking the koolaid and either is Beth.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I've been lurking for a while after being told that my posts aren't welcome here, and if this post gets me banned, so be it. How utterly refreshing to finally read something written with compassion and understanding of what a horrid thing the Anthony family, and most especially Cindy, are struggling to deal with. I agree completely, Cindy's inability to accept reality is sad and pitiful. The woman needs emotional support, not ridicule and scorn. She's lost her grandchild for gosh sakes, a child that she obviously loved and adored. She is soon going to have to accept that her daughter is a murderer, capable of killing her own child. Perhaps some here could simply accept those things without batting an eyelash, obviously Cindy can't. Someone posted earlier that Cindy "deserves" everything that happens to her. It makes me shudder to see such a dark side of humanity. Who deserves to lose their granddaughter?

Everyone is so concerned about whether Casey might commit suicide. Cindy is the one I worry about. Stephen Grant's father killed himself because he couldn't live with knowledge of what his son had done....and he didn't have half the nation gleefully spewing venom at him.

Yes Cindy is acting frantic and "weird" according to some people. I'd be suspicious of her if she was acting any other way. That poor poor woman.

Thank you, Nicki, for showing me that I am not alone in extending my sympathy to Cindy. You're a good person.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: another standing ovation.:) Excellent post CW

Bam, I believe that Cindy is using denial as a way to cope right now. If she were to let herself believe the truth she would break down and lose it.

Denial is a coping mechanism, when something is so horrible sometimes people can only deny that it has happened.
If she were to admit that her own daughter killed her granddaughter it would be the most horrible thing to her in the world. Her mind has decided to simply deny it for now.
For her, at this time, it's probably best. If she were to break down and admit it, before she is ready she could end up in an institution.
While I don't like it. I can understand it in something this horrible.
Yes, denial is definatly a stage you go thru when you have a death of a loved one. I remember at age 12 when my father who was LE was killed I convinced myself that his death was staged so he could go undercover.
I can't imagine how wacked out my mind would be if my own grandchild was murdered by my daughter. I think Cindy has gone off the deep end, I would too. Imagine having to be in close quarters with her and not being allowed to utter a word as to the child's whereabouts, all the while hearing all this dreadfull news!

All Leonard has to do is pick Casey up and drive her back on Saturday. Leonard is being kind so Casey can meet with her attorney tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe more surprises will happen tomorrow!

LP could pull the unexpected, and after her appointment with JB is over, drive her to jail instead of home. They might even be able make it to the jail with Casey before the media catches on.

LP could pull the unexpected, and after her appointment with JB is over, drive her to jail instead of home. They might even be able make it to the jail with Casey before the media catches on.
I was just going to suggest something like this. Why couldn't Padilla just take her in after she gets through with Baez? The DOG nabs them day or night!! :behindbar

I was just going to suggest something like this. Why couldn't Padilla just take her in after she gets through with Baez? The DOG nabs them day or night!! :behindbar

They love media coverage. Announce it will be Saturday, do interviews for three days about the plan, then get coverage bringing her back, then talk about that.

Cindy, IMHO is in total denial. It is sad really. She is acting like she's pshycotic herself. She is probably running on pure adrenaline and is afraid is she stops talking, yelling, denying the truth will creep into her heart and she can't let that happen. If you consider the way she's acting and listen to the words coming out of her mouth, it's just sad. I have a hard time watching/listening to her, it's actually painful to watch. I honestly feel that as bad as she's making herself look she just does not want to admit to herself that Caylee is gone. To us it looks like she's defending Casey with her bizare behavior but if you "look" deeper than the surface, you can tell that she's REALLY is in complete denial. To admit to the evidence would mean admitting that her grandbaby is gone. I really think that no matter what the evidence or how damning she will NOT believe Caylee is gone without a body. Makes me hate Casey even more. (if that's possible).

I have to agree with you. She's totally in denial... despite myself I really do fell sorry for her - I can't imagine having one of the most precious things to you missing, and being faced with the fact that your own child may have done something to cause it. Its motherly instinct to want to protect your children... as much as we would all love to hate Cindy, she's simply a mother trying to hold her family in tact and doesn't want to believe that her own daughter could possibly have done something to her own child. I honestly believe she'd fall apart if she actually listened to and took in all the "evidence" and stopped trying to place blame on everyone except Casey.
I for one hope that none of us are ever in a position anywhere near where she is now...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back