Nancy Grace - 9/25/08 - Thursday

He may have discussed it off-tape a thousand times with different interviewers before the "official" interview was conducted & recorded.

Very true. This second interview was conducted a full two weeks after the 15th!

Didn't Lee go to Tony's around midnight, and get back with her stuff around 2am?

Maybe he deleted it all then?
I'm confused ... why would Lee delete the e-mails and then present the fact of the deleted e-mails to LE as information from his "own investigation"?

I thought the same thing! "absolutely" "definitely" Even their inflections are the same. I guess they practiced their "story" together.
I think that their similar word use and inflections are because they grew up together in the same house in the same city. I have cousins that always end their sentences and questions "up". No one else, (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.) in our large family does this ... only the kids in that segment of the family, the siblings from that one particular aunt & uncle that grew up in that one particular area.

Cindy offered to adopt Caylee until Casey decided she wanted her back.
Hearing this broke my heart. There was a good option for Caylee but it seems that Casey was too selfish to do the right thing for that little girl. And now look where we are ... :( And her mother didn't even insist on it being forever; just until Casey got her act together.

Cindy was downright mean to casey..........Motive Maybe?
I wondered this too. I also wondered why she was SO mean. And then I suspect that paying for all of Caylee's needs, helping to take care of Caylee when she wasn't with Jesse or Brittney or whomever else might have had her that day (other than Casey, of course), and offering to adopt Caylee while Casey definitely seemed to not want her but not want anyone else to have her might have pushed Cindy beyond her limits. I can imagine that living & dealing with someone like Casey seems to be might push someone to the very edge. She may have been feeling, IMO, like she was doing all of the work for Caylee so why not just let her adopt Caylee while Casey goes on her way. Instead, Casey is part of the package and Cindy has to deal with her "ways" every single day, just to be able to take care of Caylee. I think that Cindy loved the Caylee part of the package but was way past wanting the Casey part anywhere near her. I sincerely believe that she wanted to adopt Caylee so that she could still have that precious baby while still managing to get Casey to go away. I think that Casey probably knew this too.

You know this leads me to wonder if when Cindy found out what really happened, she felt such guilt she decided to support KC. I think KC would be happy to throw that up in her mother's face..."see Mom if you didn't put me down and try to take her away from me this never would have happened!"

JMHO
Very good point. Guilt is an amazingly powerful thing.

She is going to feel so alone, so betrayed.

Just what we need here people!
She will be infuriated. She will not have the other feelings you attribute to her, such as broken heart; sociopaths don't work that way. But she will be enraged.

She may contain it for a while; after all, she needs her family for a while longer. But she will excise them from her life just as she excised Caylee.

Because it's all about what people can do for her. If they can't serve her purposes, she has no need for them.

She won't "crack" until it serves her purposes. If it somehow benefits her--a plea arrangement, sentencing to life instead of death, and so on---THEN she may talk.

Don't make the mistake of attributing normal human emotions to her. She lacks them entirely. Everything you've seen from her has been a mask donned by a sociopath who, herself, is an empty vessel of entitlement.

ETA: Yes, Cindy was not tremendously warm to Casey, from what we've seen. But what we've seen is recent, end-of-the-rope stuff, when their facade was unraveling. I would maintain that any irrational or inappropriate behavior on Cindy's part was created by Casey, not vice versa.

Living with a sociopath creates a dysfunctional household--there is no way to get around that. And it is positively crazymaking for the rest of the family. I am (*ahem*) "normal," but can assure you that, while still under the roof with a sociopath, I exhibited some behaviors that would make most people scratch their heads. Take Casey out of that household, and give them some therapy, and chances are, you will find a relatively normal group of people, considering the tornado in their lives for 22 years.

LP saying that the Grunds gave her the phone she was using.
She really does know how to use people for everything they're worth, doesn't she? Unfortunately, hearing about the Grunds giving her the phone sent me down a train of thought that chilled me to the bone. We've typed about her being a sociopath until we were blue in the fingers. But one facet of that seems to ring so true in light of all of the new recordings, etc., and that's that Caylee may have just used up her usefulness to Casey. Caylee, as also has been discussed a lot, was indeed Casey's leverage with Cindy, Casey's meal ticket, etc. As I stated earlier, I think that Cindy offered to adopt Caylee because she was single-handedly paying for Caylee anyway and was tired of having to deal with Casey. Adopting Caylee would probably have been easier on Cindy because then she could simply continue to care for Caylee while kicking Casey's abusive, self-absorbed, lying, stealing azz to the curb. Casey's free ride was coming to an end and she could no longer rely on Caylee to provide that for her with Cindy.

She will be infuriated. She will not have the other feelings you attribute to her, such as broken heart; sociopaths don't work that way. But she will be enraged.

She may contain it for a while; after all, she needs her family for a while longer. But she will excise them from her life just as she excised Caylee.

Because it's all about what people can do for her. If they can't serve her purposes, she has no need for them.

She won't "crack" until it serves her purposes. If it somehow benefits her--a plea arrangement, sentencing to life instead of death, and so on---THEN she may talk.

Don't make the mistake of attributing normal human emotions to her. She lacks them entirely. Everything you've seen from her has been a mask donned by a sociopath who, herself, is an empty vessel of entitlement.

ETA: Yes, Cindy was not tremendously warm to Casey, from what we've seen. But what we've seen is recent, end-of-the-rope stuff, when their facade was unraveling. I would maintain that any irrational or inappropriate behavior on Cindy's part was created by Casey, not vice versa.

Living with a sociopath creates a dysfunctional household--there is no way to get around that. And it is positively crazymaking for the rest of the family. I am (*ahem*) "normal," but can assure you that, while still under the roof with a sociopath, I exhibited some behaviors that would make most people scratch their heads. Take Casey out of that household, and give them some therapy, and chances are, you will find a relatively normal group of people, considering the tornado in their lives for 22 years.

Absoloutely totally agree...KC is going to be enraged!!!!!! And she might eventually admit her heinous crime just to get back at her family.

Very well-stated. I agree 100%. I think that's why Cindy wanted to adopt Caylee. She had finally figured out that whenever Casey wasn't around and it was just the family with Caylee, things felt good & normal. Enter Casey, it probably turned into a nut-house. JMO.

Does anyone know where the interview docs are for the tow yard man? I was thinking....if CA & GA were terrrified KC or Caylee were in the trunk, how in the world were they acting as they opened the trunk and what all did they say before opening the trunk?

I know they had to know the decomp smell. Hellloo!! She's a nurse and he's been in law enforcement, and now we learn GA had been in the car business and we know people die in cars every day.

I know his interview is in part 2, & think I've seen it posted on other threads..

I do believe it was only George & the tow guy that walked back to the car & opened the trunk.....

Cindy I believe pitched a fit about the cost up front @ the office & then left..
(prolly to put Casey's phone # on speed dial every 5 minutes).

GA might have told CA later it was eerie opening the trunk.

I'm confused ... why would Lee delete the e-mails and then present the fact of the deleted e-mails to LE as information from his "own investigation"?
One thought I had was that he deleted them all, then came out with just the ones he deemed "helpful". If you listen to the entire interview, knowing what we know now, Lee appeared to be helping LE, but it was all an orchestrated, rehearsed "script" most likely written by his ex Law enforcement dad and "friend" JG whom he'd been talking to "every day" per his own admission.

Lee was in cover-up, pretend to be helping mode. I'm certain. I also think he was already setting Tony up as a fall guy.

JMO, of course.

Is anyone else interested in Leonard saying that Mr. Grund gave Casey the cell phone?

I wonder why this hasn't come out sooner? He was on TV a couple of times and never mentioned it.

Why would he give her a cell phone?

Casey claims both her Nokia and Blackjack were acquired for work at Universal.

I wonder which one R Grund gave her.

Maybe LP's info is coming from the female security guard ??

I assume it was the Nokia.....didn't Casey say the blackjack was new & not holding a charge ??

Aren't blackjacks fairly new & expensive ??.........Remember, Casey had a *Nanny*, so I'm sure if she had a *Blackjack*, she would make sure it worked great, so that all *could see it*......

He didn't actually say that he'd deleted them. Maybe he wanted LE to think they'd been deleted by Casey or Tony.

If the computer guy on NG last night is correct, LE should be able to pinpoint the time of the deletion to narrow down who had possession of the PC at that point.

<<Good heavens! If they are only releasing stuff that they don't plan to use for GJ what must they have that we don't know about. That actually makes me feel better- even though I NEED TO KNOW!!>>

Those were my thoughts EXACTLY!

Does anyone know where the interview docs are for the tow yard man? I was thinking....if CA & GA were terrrified KC or Caylee were in the trunk, how in the world were they acting as they opened the trunk and what all did they say before opening the trunk?

I know they had to know the decomp smell. Hellloo!! She's a nurse and he's been in law enforcement, and now we learn GA had been in the car business and we know people die in cars every day.

I spent an hour looking for this yesterday; it was page 205 of the first 400 page doc dump.

George walked to the car with the tow yard guy. As they were walking, according to the tow yard guy, George told him that their granddaughter was missing. That was before Cindy tracked down Casey.

How did George know then that Caylee was missing if he walked in on Cindy calling 911 later that night and she told him then? :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back