Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Bagni on Twitter

Judge: “Ms Huffman, compared to the other defendants, with regard to culpability...she paid I think one of the smallest bribes...did not involve her child.” “But we also know she knew what she was doing was wrong...she knew it was a fraud.” #FelicityHuffman #WCVb

..I don't get why the amount matters. So because they gave her a good rate to commit fraud on her behalf she is less culpable? It's like if you shoplift something when a sale is going on, should the charges be less?

Judge: “Ms Huffman, compared to the other defendants, with regard to culpability...she paid I think one of the smallest bribes...did not involve her child.” “But we also know she knew what she was doing was wrong...she knew it was a fraud.” #FelicityHuffman #WCVbVerified account 4s4 seconds ago

Judge: “I have trouble with the notion of general deterrence. It doesn’t make sense to me much of the time.” #WCVB

Judge: “Trying to be a good mother, does not excuse this.” #FelicityHuffman #WCVB

Adam Bagni on Twitter

Judge says the sense of outrage isn’t because it’s a “hard road” for children or “harm to colleges.” She says the outrage is about all of the “money and privledge” in the system already. #FelicityHuffman #WCVB

I disagree. It's about people who already have every resource and privilege and every resource to use the system to their advantage - to knowingly commit fraud to get whatever they want. That's the outrage. That these families could pay for tutors, take on unpaid internships, participate in every extracurricular activity, have connections to get high profile glorified internships to put on a college resume, diverse travel experiences, etc etc etc. And still resorted to cheating. That's the outrage judge.

Oh I guess the judge did hear me while I was furiously typing, lol. But two weeks - ugh. She'll look at it as like experience for a role, like Lester Holt just did for a few days.

Adam Bagni on Twitter

BREAKING: Judge sentences #FelicityHuffman to two weeks in prison, and a $30K fine, plus community service. Says public outrage is because Huffman took one more step to take advantage of a system that already allows her too many already. #WCVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missTaken16