Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Loughlin Struggling After College Bribery Scandal - ‘Having A Complete Mental Breakdown’ Amid College Bribery Scandal

Of course, she needs mental health treatment, not incarceration. I have no doubt that the plan here is to string out the trial date for years, continuances, change of attorneys, while documenting ongoing mental health issues. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some emergency medical situation as well.

They are going to try to string this out forever.

Of course, she needs mental health treatment, not incarceration. I have no doubt that the plan here is to string out the trial date for years, continuances, change of attorneys, while documenting ongoing mental health issues. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some emergency medical situation as well.

They are going to try to string this out forever.

Yeah, I read earlier that LL was on the brink of suicide over this scandal.

ETA: I am not making light of LL’s mental state, but it again seems like her PR machine is working OT trying to save her career via the sympathy vote.

Lori Loughlin Struggling After College Bribery Scandal - ‘Having A Complete Mental Breakdown’ Amid College Bribery Scandal

Lori Loughlin reportedly ‘more and more confident’ she won’t go to jail

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/08/lori-loughlin-reportedly-more-and-more-confident-she-wont-go-to-jail/

So which is it? So hard to know what to believe anymore. Thank goodness trials go by facts. And IMO the facts speak for themselves.

JMO

Felicity Huffman is Pleading Guilty in the Admissions Case. Her Husband’s Fate Has Been Different.

She is expected to plead guilty to a single count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. It was uncertain what penalty Ms. Huffman will face.

What may never be known is this: Why prosecutors chose not to charge Mr. Macy, despite references in the prosecutors’ criminal complaint that suggest that Mr. Macy was not only aware of the plans, but a participant in at least some of them.

Felicity Huffman pleads guilty, faces prison time in college admissions scam

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/13/feli...5.1075882730.1555990657-1292344417.1555990657

In exchange for Huffman’s guilty plea to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, Assistant US Attorney Eric Rosen said the feds would seek a four-month prison term, along with one year of supervised release and a $20,000 fine.

Rosen also said Huffman scored “multiple concessions” from the government, including avoiding prosecution for money laundering.

Felicity Huffman pleads guilty in college admissions scam

Boston – “Desperate Housewives” star Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty Monday in the college admissions bribery scheme, the biggest name to do so in a scandal that has exposed the lengths to which some wealthy parents will go to get their children into top universities.

The Emmy-winning actress, 56, could face prison time after she admitted to participating in the nationwide scam, in which authorities say parents bribed coaches, rigged entrance exams or both to game the admissions system...

PR-wise, still thinking Felicity Huffman has handled the aftermath as well as possible - humble, somber, taking full blame and responsibility, dressing a bit drab, getting this over quickly... there's not much to latch on to - she did it, she's sorry, she voiced why it was wrong, she expressed a willingness to take the consequences. I suspect after her sentence, this will "go away" fairly fast for her. The incorrect response are those thumbing their noses at this, signing autographs, and acting like a little photoshopping or staged pics wasn't a big deal.

Best Places To Go To Prison - Forbes dot com.

Hope she's reading this article!! From a quick scanning, it seems that if you ask for A, you get Z.

She will likely go to a Federal Prison Camp, supposedly non-violent inmates, good ratio of staff to prisoners, little if any fencing.

Martha Stewart went to a FPC and was able to have a reasonable time of it, teaching was her survival thing.

Felicity can give drama classes, makeup tips, anything she's learned in her career.

Hope she's learned something through this, saying her daughter has learning disabilities?? So what??

I bet there would be plenty of takers if the price was good and it was actually allowed.
Ha ha! Is that a thing? Can you hire someone to impersonate you to serve out a prison sentence. Four months and a nice check....er....cash... sounds like a good gig!

I can’t believe she said her daughter has learning disabilities.

Even if it were true, I would not expose that information about my child in public, in court like that.

I can’t imagine humiliating my child like that.

Sorry Felicity, you did this to get her into USC. Not any of the other California schools in the state. This was about USC and all the reasons you wanted her there.

Disappointed.

Last edited:
Felicity seems to think that 'getting into' the university is the hard part!

IF her daughter is learning disabled, how is she supposed to cope with the course requirements, other than the accommodations made for her?

What is so bad about going to a 'lower' level education where one can cope with the course load, yet get a good, fruitful education?? I'm using the word 'lower' not meaning to upset anyone but we have Community Colleges with wonderful courses. Anyone can apply to go there.

This was about 'prestige' not education. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member