NBC Dateline: Missing Mickey 29 Jan 2013

My TV (antenna for NBC) keeps going in and out in this wind we are getting :(

License plate was on the burned truck and they caught that number; also the items in the bed of the truck as a match in the video.

The detectives were working their tails off on the case.

I'm in awe about the 2x4 and white styrofoam cooler in the back of the truck.

ETA: Dear Lord, the images of BSL's wounds. Go Mickey GO! You amazing woman, you....

I didn't realize her Mom drove Mickey's refurbished bike....*tears*

WOW....great program. Hope everyone who was here through those months was able to see it.

Am I the only one feeling like so much of the story was still untold, though?

WOW. Although quick and mostly highlights rather than an indepth report - they did a good report. Nothing revealed on any evidence pulled from his house.

Bless her family as they continue to keep moving forward and bless the community as they continue to heal.

Am I the only one feeling like so much of the story was still untold, though?

I know it was Mickey's story featured on Dateline, but I really wish they would have mentioned Lisa Pate's case. It would have been more interesting to learn more about her and her boys rather than Rocky McGee.

Amazing Mickey. I am in awe of her. He weighed 100 pounds more than her and she was probably injured from the bike fall. Still she kicked his *advertiser censored*. The only way he could win that fight was with a gun.

Mighty Mickey!

Agreed

You have to feel for his fiancee, though....poor girl....

Totally! I wouldn't know what that would feel like, but I could feel her shock and astonishment. I thought they could have been a little more gentler with her. It seemed like they were trying to calm her down by raising their voices over her cries, which doesn't seem like it would be effective. I hope she has found peace and learns how to trust people again. It was good to hear he didn't abuse her or even show anger.

I'm in awe about the 2x4 and white styrofoam cooler in the back of the truck.

ETA: Dear Lord, the images of BSL's wounds. Go Mickey GO! You amazing woman, you....

She fought as hard as she could and bless her heart nearly got his jugular.

I know it was Mickey's story featured on Dateline, but I really wish they would have mentioned Lisa Pate's case. It would have been more interesting to learn more about her and her boys rather than Rocky McGee.

I agree and wish they had done the report more like a 2 hour 48 hours show. Should have been more on Pate; I still wonder whether they found any hard evidence connecting him to Pate's death. Or did they just pressure him to confess? The scum.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Charlie Shunick!
SHE makes me feel ALIVE!

IMO...a beautiful documentary for Mickey and her family.
I just kinda wished Ms. Lisa's name woulda come up, at least once...for her family.

God bless the Shunick, Pate, and Lavergne families.

Oh good! Andy Cormier's accent dried my tears with laughter. Mais, dats Cajun baw!

YES!!! That was a REAL cajun accent for any non locals that wonder what a thick cajun accent sounds like. Well, I guess y'all know from Swamp People.

The Shunicks continue to amaze me. And her father pulls at me. He looks weary and so full of grief.

ETA- they all pull at my heart, it's just Mr. Shunick shows the grief more. Charlie and Nancy show it and they are projecting loss but also positivity through what has to be a nightmare. I lost it when Charlie talked about how bad she felt for her mother and about BSL stole her life, altered her path, stole parts of her past, her best friend and her baby sister. :(

It was definitely too short, because the conclusion of it seemed to be really jumbled. There was so much more to it. But I do like how they stuck more to MICKEY than BSL because it should be in her honor. I do agree, there should have been less on Rocky McGee.

It's sad that Lisa Pates name wasn't even mentioned. I wish they would do a program on Lisa Pate dedicated entirely to her as well...

And yes, Mickeys mom rode mickeys bike. Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure she learned to ride a bike specifically for that event. I think that's why she had on a helmet, because she was just learning to ride.

That was really hard to watch.
Too much comes back.

It's just so strange how you can have so much compassion/love for someone you don't even know. It's like you just wish you had a time machine to be there with her, fighting him off in every way, and getting him put away BEFORE he ever got to harm her or anyone else.

We love you Mickey Shunick, rest in peace <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back