NC NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man Lumberton area is a rough neighborhood. Hania Aguilar went missing near there.
Yes it is, and yes Hania's case is one of many that are similar, sadly I must say.

I grew up there a good many years ago when it was a nice place to live and grow up. Good schools & teachers, employment opportunities in manufacturing, textiles, teaching, retail, medicine, etc., for people of all levels of education, a thriving downtown area, a good shopping center mall, all the good things that smallish towns offered to children and adults -- these towns were dotted all over the US back then. Now, years later, we have seen this decline all over the country, and we certainly see it in Lumberton, NC. I haven't been back since my mom died (my dad died years earlier) -- none of my good friends stuck around, so I had no reason and no desire to visit. It's a heart-breaking thing, but we see it everywhere.

And L'ton is on many "bad" lists -- unsolved murders, general crime, poor income-per-family, etc.; drug trafficking (L'ton is on the I-95 "drug corridor"), and there are no opportunities for young people just getting out of high school, and very few for college grads. So those who are able, leave town, as I and my friends did even when L'ton was still a nice town; now those who can't leave are left with few good opportunities, and who knoze WTH is wrong with LE in that town and county.
So there it is. SMH.

Yes it is, and yes Hania's case is one of many that are similar, sadly I must say.

I grew up there a good many years ago when it was a nice place to live and grow up. Good schools & teachers, employment opportunities in manufacturing, textiles, teaching, retail, medicine, etc., for people of all levels of education, a thriving downtown area, a good shopping center mall, all the good things that smallish towns offered to children and adults -- these towns were dotted all over the US back then. Now, years later, we have seen this decline all over the country, and we certainly see it in Lumberton, NC. I haven't been back since my mom died (my dad died years earlier) -- none of my good friends stuck around, so I had no reason and no desire to visit. It's a heart-breaking thing, but we see it everywhere.

And L'ton is on many "bad" lists -- unsolved murders, general crime, poor income-per-family, etc.; drug trafficking (L'ton is on the I-95 "drug corridor"), and there are no opportunities for young people just getting out of high school, and very few for college grads. So those who are able, leave town, as I and my friends did even when L'ton was still a nice town; now those who can't leave are left with few good opportunities, and who knoze WTH is wrong with LE in that town and county.
So there it is. SMH.
Thanks I enjoyed reading that

Someone commented in the UID thread that Abby's tattoo was 3 little birds but I can't find a verifiable source for that anywhere. It seems like the posters and FBI info would have stated if 3 birds instead of one. I'm still looking for photo of Abby's tattoo.
Abby's mom posted this in Jan. 2019:
"Abby Lynn Patterson was last seen 9-5-2017 in Lumberton, NC walking down 9th street towards Inglewood Ave. at 11:30 am wearing a white shirt and brown shorts. She has a tattoo of 3 black birds on her shoulder and a large tan birthmark on the back of her left thigh."

This seems eerily familiar... really hope I'm wrong.

Attachments

• brittanee_marie_drexel_5.jpg
    brittanee_marie_drexel_5.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 18
  • patterson_abby2.jpg
    patterson_abby2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2020-09-112 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-112 Google Maps.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 16
  • brittanee_marie_drexel_5.jpg
    brittanee_marie_drexel_5.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 15
  • patterson_abby2.jpg
    patterson_abby2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2020-09-112 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-112 Google Maps.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 20
  • randall.jpg
    randall.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 20
What sounds familiar?
Very interested in what you've said!
Who is Brittanee Marie Drexel? I checked a bit, and she was last seen in Myrtle Beach, SC, from NY. MB is not all that far from Lumberton, NC. About 80 miles. I grew up going to Ocean Drive Beach, SC -- it was called "OD" by me and many others -- a great party beach for teens -- it was about 15 miles from Myrtle.
OD is not as "safe" now as it was for us, way back when... (Is anywhere?)

Who is Randall Taylor? Apparently he is a suspect in Brittanee's disappearance.

Tell us more.
Abby had some trouble in the past with drugs, but she was trying to stay straight. She disappeared while visiting her mom in Lumberton. Anything like that with Brittanee?

And please let me add,

Welcome to Websleuths,
controlthenight !!

Last edited:
What sounds familiar?
Very interested in what you've said!
Who is Brittanee Marie Drexel? I checked a bit, and she was last seen in Myrtle Beach, SC, from NY. MB is not all that far from Lumberton, NC. About 80 miles. I grew up going to Ocean Drive Beach, SC -- it was called "OD" by me and many others -- a great party beach for teens -- it was about 15 miles from Myrtle.
OD is not as "safe" now as it was for us, way back when... (Is anywhere?)

Who is Randall Taylor? Apparently he is a suspect in Brittanee's disappearance.

Tell us more.
Abby had some trouble in the past with drugs, but she was trying to stay straight. She disappeared while visiting her mom in Lumberton. Anything like that with Brittanee?

And please let me add,

Welcome to Websleuths,
controlthenight !!
Yes, there is evidence Brittanee was killed in McClellanville, SC after being taken to a "stash house" owned by the Taylor family (including an eyewitness who claims he saw her trying to escape from that location).

Brittanee Drexel: Transcript details homicide claims

The informants say that Drexel was killed in McClellanville, South Carolina, a town about an hour south of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where Drexel disappeared in 2009. The last signal from Drexel’s phone came from McClellanville.

In June police and federal authorities held a news conference in McClellanville, saying they believed Drexel was dead and making clear that they had some information, beyond the telephone signal, leading them to suspect she had been murdered.

The jailhouse informant, Taquan Brown, claims that Drexel was kidnapped, trafficked for sex, fatally shot, and then dumped in an alligator-infested swamp, according to the transcript of an Aug. 15 federal court hearing in Charleston, South Carolina. The Democrat and Chronicleobtained the court transcript Monday.

IMO -- it's extremely unlikely that the two cases are in any way related. While Lumberton, NC isn't that far from Myrtle Beach, I'd expect these guys to stick with other touristy locations along (or near) the coast. Places such as Santee, Charleston, or even Wilmington, NC.

I just came across Abby's case and thought I'd bump it up.

I wonder if LE was able to get any DNA evidence from other victims who were actually found in the area. With DNA, perhaps genealogy can be used to identify a suspect.

I do hope Abby is alive out there- she might need help. In any case, may she be found and her family have answers soon.

Coming back to this thread always makes me think about her mom -- Abby had come for a visit to see her mom. Abby had just recently shaken off her drug dependence.
Abby said a friend was coming to pick her up; she said she'd be back in an hour or so -- if memory serves -- and her poor mother never saw or heard from her again.
Still no closure -- what a sad, sad situation. :(

Thanks for bumping -- no news at all in quite a while.
And this:

Welcome to Websleuths,
Ingrid74 !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member