NC NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

[h=1]North Carolina mystery: Woman missing in town where 3 found dead[/h]https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abby-p...an-missing-in-town-where-3-others-found-dead/

They may not "think" they are related but haven't completely ruled it out either, and it would be remiss for them to do so. Actually, they shouldn't even be discussing what investigators "think" or "don't think" happened to her. Investigators need to stick to facts only and should have given the appropriate response to that question --- we simply don't know the answer to that at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually found this case on Facebook. The Tampa news posted it on their page. They were saying there may BE a connection. I mean yeah, grain of salt.. but still.

Who wrote that quote you added? If Abby didn’t do drugs, then why did she just get out of rehab? Why was she posting about getting sober? This is all so strange.

Who wrote that quote you added? If Abby didn’t do drugs, then why did she just get out of rehab? Why was she posting about getting sober? This is all so strange.

I haven’t got a clue lol I had just hit quote. I think it was someone that knows the family? No clue. But she obviously had some sort of dependency issue if she was talking about being sober.. doesn’t really mean it had to be drugs. I still feel like it’s connected to the other 2 women that went missing and their bodies were found.

Just heard about Abby. I hope she just left town for awhile to clear her head and that she is safe somewhere. I hope she is found and gets the help she needs to begin her lifelong lasting recovery. And I hope that she goes on to live a successful and prosperous life that she truly enjoys.

Maybe she's on a run. She maybe doing her thing, old, destructive behavior.

Mom getting squirrelly when she's been gone an hour? Seems to me she knows.

Many times, drug addiction leads to prostitution. Not all the time, but many.

One way or the other, Abby was in the vicinity where 3 bodies were found. In a known drug infested area. Abby had an issue with drugs as has been verified by LE. It's possible she went out for a buy and decided to stay and get high. IMO

Glad to see this case finally getting attention in the (somewhat) local media. I've seen several friends share an article about her disappearance possibly being linked to the other girls and the PD is trying to hide the workings of a serial killer. I believe the article was MSM but it was late last night so please consider this IMHO.
JMO MOO etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I finally saw why the local PD has said they are not related but I lost the link. LE said the 3 deceased “were on the street and she wasn’t” he refused to explain what was meant by “on the street”. I was searching for a pic or info on victim 1 Christina Bennett and cant’t find any pics and little info.

Here is victim 2 RHonda Jones
attachment.php

and victim 3 Megan Oxendine
imagejpeg

Attachments

• DF25B812-8992-4CFC-A001-47A2C1A7881A.jpeg
    DF25B812-8992-4CFC-A001-47A2C1A7881A.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 434
  • AA485DE7-988D-44CA-91E3-6EEB05976FEA.jpeg
    AA485DE7-988D-44CA-91E3-6EEB05976FEA.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 124
Earlier this year, Megan Oxendine, 28, Christina Bennett, 32, and Rhonda Jones, 36, were all found dead in the area near where Patterson went missing.

Bennett’s and Jones’ bodies were found April 18.

Oxendine was alive at the time and talked with CBS North Carolina in an interview about the death of her friend, Jones.

Oxendine’s body was found June 3.

Patterson's mother said she's not making a correlation between those cases and her daughter's.

She said those women were found dead – and emphasizes her daughter is missing.

Lumberton Police Capt. Terry Parker said investigators are 99 percent sure Patterson’s case is not related.

When asked why, Parker said the other women were “known to be on the street” and that Patterson is not. Parker declined to elaborate on what “on the street” meant.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...r-visiting-family-in-north-carolina/622256160

I would assume that when he says they were known to be on the street, he is referring to them being sex workers. Abby doesn't have a record for it but what it she didn't have the money for the drugs she wanted that day... I just know that heroin makes people do a lot of things that they normally would never even think of doing. The person that posted Abby did not do drugs is obviously wrong or trolling.

I read somewhere in my rabbit hole that a family member said Abby didn't have her phone with her when she disappeared. Hmmmm.....

I can't begin to imagine the pain this family is going through.

If that's the case, I hope that they are able to track down the phone the text came from. Very hinky.

Me too! That seems strange.

Also, kinda off topic but what a weird way to describe Lumberton - "east of Charlotte".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ha. I had to look at a map, but you are right. "East of Charlotte" makes it sound like Lumberton is near Charlotte, just a little to the east. I would describe it as South of Fayetteville if looking for a larger city people might be familiar with, or maybe say Lumberton is close to the NC/SC border along HWY 95. Being right off HWY 95 catches my attention, actually. https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...0b8682edef8683!8m2!3d34.6182199!4d-79.0086424

I wonder if HWY cameras were checked for brown buicks around the hours she went missing?

Ha. I had to look at a map, but you are right. "East of Charlotte" makes it sound like Lumberton is near Charlotte, just a little to the east. I would describe it as South of Fayetteville if looking for a larger city people might be familiar with, or maybe say Lumberton is close to the NC/SC border along HWY 95. Being right off HWY 95 catches my attention, actually. https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...0b8682edef8683!8m2!3d34.6182199!4d-79.0086424

I wonder if HWY cameras were checked for brown buicks around the hours she went missing?

LOL @ "south of Charlotte" - that's a new one! And yes, South of Fayetteville would be a much better description.

I wish I had faith that Robeson County LE checked any highway cameras, but I'd be shocked if they did.

Earlier this year, Megan Oxendine, 28, Christina Bennett, 32, and Rhonda Jones, 36, were all found dead in the area near where Patterson went missing.

Oxendine was alive at the time and talked with CBS North Carolina in an interview about the death of her friend, Jones.

Patterson's mother said she's not making a correlation between those cases and her daughter's.

Lumberton Police Capt. Terry Parker said investigators are 99 percent sure Patterson’s case is not related.

When asked why, Parker said the other women were “known to be on the street” and that Patterson is not. Parker declined to elaborate on what “on the street” meant.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...r-visiting-family-in-north-carolina/622256160

BBM. That the first 3 women were 'of the street', I didn't know. I can understand the mother's frustration that people might think they are connected and maybe the cases aren't. Her daughter isn't from the street. Could be someone else entirely. But what are the odds all these women go missing? I have a strong suspicion all four women knew their abductor.

BBM
THANK YOU SO MUCH JerseyGirl I have combed through hundreds of articles to rid this one. Usually I save articles with something new but somehow I misplaced this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back