NC NC - Charlotte, Statesville Ave, Wht/HispFem 20-40, UP8724, 'Virginia Beach' TShirt, Mar'11

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Police have released new information pertaining to human remains that were found Thursday morning in a wooded area of north Charlotte. ...

...The remains were discovered off Highway 21 (Statesville Road) which is located north of West W.T. Harris Boulevard and south of the new section of I-485. ...

...The white T-shirt has the words "Virginia Beach Virginia" and a pink flower on the front. The second image is of a pair of navy and plaid boat canvass shoes.

Police also say the victim was wearing jeans.

The CMPD says the victim is a white or Hispanic female who is 20-40 years old and has straight dark hair.

BBM

Read More:
http://lostnmissing.amplify.com/2011/03/19/update-photos-of-shoes-shirt-found-wit/

14272446_BG8.jpg

14272446_BG7.jpg

I am new to this, so forgive me if i am not posting correctly. In NamUS, MP#3073, there is Jaime Farley missing from Gastonia, NC, last seen wearing large white shirt and jeans. Not much to go on, but when I see where Gastonia is, it's not all that far from Charlotte.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3073/94/

:Welcome1:
That good find.

Not much on Jamie. I wonder if we got a thread here on her.

I am new to this, so forgive me if i am not posting correctly. In NamUS, MP#3073, there is Jaime Farley missing from Gastonia, NC, last seen wearing large white shirt and jeans. Not much to go on, but when I see where Gastonia is, it's not all that far from Charlotte.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3073/94/

:welcome:
Welcome to WS, Phoenixrising

They haven't released much on the decedent other than it's a female of two possible ethnicities, with a fairly wide age range, and straight dark hair. I was looking at possibles last Saturday, and came up with quite a few women who fit that description.

However, as for Jamie Farley, all of her photos show her with light colored hair, so I would say she is less likely than some others I have seen. Jamie is very unusually short, even for a woman (4'8" to 4'10"). If they had only provided a height range, she would have either become either a very strong posible, or very doubtful.

thanks for the warm welcomes! Did they release size of shirt or size of shoes? I assume shirt was short sleeve? The shoes look like summer shoes, so I would think it would have been someone who went missing during summer months.

I really wish they'd release a little bit more information. Those shoes look pretty small and not of a man, IMO.

I found this ad for craigslist on Facebook.

I know there has been talk of the condition of the body but It just seemed this girl fits the description so well and the shoes and T shirt did not appear to be out in the weather for months like it would take in east coast winter months for a body to decompose. I have left shoes and clothes outside and know for a fact that they would be way worse then this after a winter outside. Also there is a pine needle in the shoe.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/laf/2250898056.html

I found this ad for craigslist on Facebook.

I know there has been talk of the condition of the body but It just seemed this girl fits the description so well and the shoes and T shirt did not appear to be out in the weather for months like it would take in east coast winter months for a body to decompose. I have left shoes and clothes outside and know for a fact that they would be way worse then this after a winter outside. Also there is a pine needle in the shoe.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/laf/2250898056.html

Wow. Very sad - around that area (half of the time) and I had no idea anyone in Cville was missing! Charlotte is 6-7 hours south of Cville, at least the way I would drive it. I drive back and forth from Cville area many times a month from NC (if 1 were to take 29 and then 40 and then 77) but not out of the realm. Pretty long trip. Thanks for matching the descriptions!! I hope they get a break soon. Wonder why Victoria Lee McAllister is only listed on Craigslist...I'm looking for more. There isn't a thread for her here...I guess we'll have to wait until it's reported in a news source to start a thread. Great catch, soul =)

I'll ask a friend in Albelmarle LE tomorrow whether there is a missing person's report on her....I was thinking about just calling the number, but I think I'll go through other channels first =)

PS - I've squinted and looked at the shoes at length. I've got big feet and those look around an 8-10 womens, although I could be wrong. Looks larger. That may narrow down if we can find shoe sizes.

Venus Stewart is out.... this would have been 5 hours out of the way driving from Michigan to Virginia. I was hoping... but there's just no way to make it work.

Antoinetta McKoy - She is African American... However I wonder if anyone connected with the group believed to have killed her in NC, would be white or hispanic?

Another victim of Morgan Harrington's killer?

Okay, so I texted the number left on Victoria Lee McAllister's missing ad on Craigslist and asked if she had been located - tried to find another way to email, etc. but couldn't. I'm now emailing someone in Albemarle LE to see if she has been listed as missing.

ETA: Okay, email sent. Now waiting.

I'd also like to know all brands of clothing that was found (minus the shirt, I guess).

What brand were the shoes? They don't look like Sperry's to me...but would give us a clue as to her socio-econmic background. Jeans brand? bra/underwear? All of those things would tell us more =(

(For example, there would be a huge difference if she was wearing levi's vs. abercrombie vs. something ridiculous like True Religion (guilty as charged, for me). But jeans can say a lot, IMO. I wear them everyday. So, there would be a huge difference if she was wearing $20, $80, or $400 jeans. Just saying.

Bra/panties? I'd be alarmed if she were wearing something like La Perla Black Label. $200 undies for pete's sake! KWIM? But, they have a list of those sorts of things that were sold and to whom. Blah. Can they give us anything more?

Jewelry?

Soul, your PM box is full =(

The craigslist ad is not valid - I do have confirmation of that from LE but don't want to post more.

At least we checked it out!

I'd also like to know all brands of clothing that was found (minus the shirt, I guess).

What brand were the shoes? They don't look like Sperry's to me...but would give us a clue as to her socio-econmic background. Jeans brand? bra/underwear? All of those things would tell us more =(

(For example, there would be a huge difference if she was wearing levi's vs. abercrombie vs. something ridiculous like True Religion (guilty as charged, for me). But jeans can say a lot, IMO. I wear them everyday. So, there would be a huge difference if she was wearing $20, $80, or $400 jeans. Just saying.

Bra/panties? I'd be alarmed if she were wearing something like La Perla Black Label. $200 undies for pete's sake! KWIM? But, they have a list of those sorts of things that were sold and to whom. Blah. Can they give us anything more?

Jewelry?

The shoes are Tommy Hilfiger. I googled (Images) boat shoes, navy/plaid, Tommy Hilfiger. Sperry's do not have that piece of leather on the heels. These are fairly expensive shoes, but could have been purchased in Goodwill, etc.

Yay! Thank you OnlineInstrutor! I knew they didn't look "cheap"...couldn't place it, though. I had a similar pair in white years ago. Thanks!

how far is Virginia Beach from Charlotte? The shirt and shoes look almost too touristy to not rule out that is was someone from another area that vacationed there? If they know the hair color then death couldn't have been that long ago, right?

how far is Virginia Beach from Charlotte?

About 350 miles.
Virginia Beach, VA to Charlotte, NC - Google Maps

The shirt and shoes look almost too touristy to not rule out that is was someone from another area that vacationed there?

Perhaps, but normally, if someone was vacationing there, someone would know they were vacationing there, and their Location Last Known Alive would be noted as Virginia Beach, not their hometown.

If they know the hair color then death couldn't have been that long ago, right?

It all depends on how well the remains were sheltered from the wind and water run-off.

The clothing appears to be in fairly good condition also. I suspect the death was fairly recent - probably within the last year or so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back