NC NC - Charlotte, Statesville Ave, Wht/HispFem 20-40, UP8724, 'Virginia Beach' TShirt, Mar'11

the mouth and teeth are very distinct in the drawing, so should be easy to compare to missing people photos ..

Throwing this one out there ... Ivonne Biviano
http://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5854/2/

she is listed as being 54" - tiny -- she was last seen in 2007, left with a male, so would have been about 19/20 in 2010/2011 - lower end of the age estimate

The only thing that stands out to me is the mouth/teeth .. most likely not her, but ...

https://identifyus.org/cases/8724

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Hope Curry 1977 Virginia
Jamie Fraley 1986 North Carolina
Zoe Hope 1987 North Carolina

(OT: interesting that two women named Hope, one surname and one first name, are ruled out. Maybe that means there's hope she'll be identified?)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Hope Curry 1977 Virginia
Jamie Fraley 1986 North Carolina
Zoe Hope 1987 North Carolina

(OT: interesting that two women named Hope, one surname and one first name, are ruled out. Maybe that means there's hope she'll be identified?)

No new ruleouts.

Update from DDP:

"DNA Doe Project Case Announcement: Mecklenburg County Jane Doe – Charlotte, North Carolina (2011)

Who was Mecklenburg Jane Doe?
On March 17, 2011 the incomplete skeletal remains of a female were found in a wooded area in the 10100 block of Statesville Avenue, Charlotte, NC. The cause and manner of death have not been disclosed. The woman, who could be white or Hispanic, was 20-30 years old and weighed 110 pounds when she died.

She wore blue denim jeans, a black bra, and a size small white t-shirt with “Virginia Beach Virginia” and a pink flower on the front. She also was wearing distinctive navy and plaid canvas boat shoes, boy’s size 4.

In 2016 Anthropology Professors with Davidson College and Davidson Police Department worked together to create a forensic approximation of what the deceased might have looked like when alive.

NamUs: UP8724
Date found: March 17, 2011

Race: White or Hispanic
Sex: Female
PMI: 1 to 3 years

Anyone who believes they have relevant information on this case should contact authorities directly:

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
Dawn Martin, Detective, Homicide Unit
704-336-8729

Links to More Information:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Charlotte, N.C. police seek help with cold homicide case from 2011
Mecklenburg County Jane Doe (2011)

Facial approximation image provided by Davidson College & Davidson PD.

Many thanks to our thoughtful supporters for their continued support and interest in the DNA Doe Project. As always, we ask that commenters remain respectful to our Does and their families.
Please continue to advocate for transfers to Family Tree DNA and gedmatch.com opt-IN.

#DNADoeProject
#MecklenburgCountyJaneDoe
#CharlotteNorthCarolina
#VirginiaBeach
#GEDmatchOptIn #OptIn "

For those who have not viewed the Google Sheet:

Unfortunately, Mecklenburg Jane Doe does not have any high-level matches from GedMatch. Her highest is 27 cm, which is not very good. She may have higher matches from FTDNA, but we cannot see those. It's just a waiting game.

I'm betting, just since I live close by to it, that she's not from the Virginia Beach area. The Beach as a boardwalk setting, similar to New Jersey, and its very very possible that someone bought the shirt for her or she bought the shirt on vacation there. It's still a popular place for beach goers.

So no new updates with DDP? Still listed as research in progress. I wonder if she had better matches with other genealogy sites. I thought the point of genealogy though was to build her tree? If she had any matches don't they work from there?

So no new updates with DDP? Still listed as research in progress. I wonder if she had better matches with other genealogy sites. I thought the point of genealogy though was to build her tree? If she had any matches don't they work from there?
They try to, but it really depends on family size. Like the Kings County and Pulaski County Does have HUGE trees of 100000 plus people

I'm betting, just since I live close by to it, that she's not from the Virginia Beach area. The Beach as a boardwalk setting, similar to New Jersey, and its very very possible that someone bought the shirt for her or she bought the shirt on vacation there. It's still a popular place for beach goers.
Proving your point, I went to Virginia Beach in 2017 and bought a shirt (from the restaurant Planet Pizza). I'm from NC.

I agree! When I was a kid my grandparents went on a lot of trips once they retired. They would always bring me back a shirt even though I'd never been there. Same with hand-me-downs from Cousins. They gave an Augusta Georgia shirt and I'd wear it all the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back