GUILTY NC - Cheyenne Yarley, 10 mos, beaten to death, Raleigh, 8 Nov 2009

Thanks, Joe, for the updates/links.

I've watched whatever testimony the two local TV channels have shown. Absolutely chilling & awful. Is this man human?

It is possible that he is telling the truth as he remembers it, I guess -- but, but, but, he says he remembers the most horrible (not his word) parts of what he did -- so why doesn't he admit the 2nd most horrible part?

Many folks are believed when they tell "mostly" the truth -- is that what he is doing, is he simply trying to save his skin, or is he really affected by PTSD? Certainly the affects of alcohol & pain-killers could be a big part of it. But we don't say "It's okay Mr. DUI, you hit & killed that person because you blew a .19 and you certainly didn't mean to do it."

He seems to be an odd one up there -- is that also part of his plan? Surely psychological tests/evaluations have been done on this man -- he is on trial instead of on a psych ward. I don't really know how this works, especially when PTSD is claimed... Hard to tell from what we've been shown...

Gives me the shivers. He'll have a tuff time in prison unless he's isolated on death-row...

Many thanks, Joe Jones, for supplying these links to the trial, etc.! :tyou:

A jury said it was deadlocked on a sentence recommendation for Joshua Stepp Tuesday afternoon.

The same jury found Stepp guilty last week of first-degree murder and sexual assault in the death of his 10-month-old stepdaughter Cheyenne Yarley and was trying to reach a decision on life in prison or the death penalty.

Because it couldn't reach a sentencing recommendation, Superior Court Judge Osmond Smith said under the law he would automatically impose the lesser sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8350701

They got him beautiful Cheyenne ... fly with the angels.

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2011/08/23/10036592/198519-cheyenneyarley1-220x165.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back