Found Deceased NC - Cory Dale Moore, 32, Lee County, 3 Sept 2020

Cory is still missing. He has 3 children. Not sure if he is close to any of them. There has been no activity on his bank account. He told his mother he was going to take a shower. Sometime later she noticed he was gone. He seems to left barefoot as his shoes are were at home, but his wallet and cell phone are missing. There’s been no activity on his cell phone either. The family worries he could be in trouble with some people he was messaging before he disappeared. The area has been searched with crews, drones, and cadaver dogs, but there were no hits.

I got this info from this article.
Father of three still missing nearly six weeks after disappearing from North Carolina home

I’m confused. At first it was said he was seen walking from his home. Could this have been misinformation because I haven’t heard about this since. They say he had issues in the past, I’m guessing mental health or substance abuse. He was messaging with someone before his disappearance. Could they have picked him up?

Him being barefoot is what puzzles me. Why wouldn’t he put his shoes on? This made me think suicide, but he took his phone and wallet, so I’m not so sure. Him showering before disappearing tells me he left with purpose though.

Cory is still missing. He has 3 children. Not sure if he is close to any of them. There has been no activity on his bank account. He told his mother he was going to take a shower. Sometime later she noticed he was gone. He seems to left barefoot as his shoes are were at home, but his wallet and cell phone are missing. There’s been no activity on his cell phone either. The family worries he could be in trouble with some people he was messaging before he disappeared. The area has been searched with crews, drones, and cadaver dogs, but there were no hits.

I got this info from this article.
Father of three still missing nearly six weeks after disappearing from North Carolina home

I’m confused. At first it was said he was seen walking from his home. Could this have been misinformation because I haven’t heard about this since. They say he had issues in the past, I’m guessing mental health or substance abuse. He was messaging with someone before his disappearance. Could they have picked him up?

Him being barefoot is what puzzles me. Why wouldn’t he put his shoes on? This made me think suicide, but he took his phone and wallet, so I’m not so sure. Him showering before disappearing tells me he left with purpose though.

At least one of his family members on fb seems to think he met with foul play. She posted this to her social media

“SPEAK UP BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE FOR YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
WE WILL NOT STOP LOOKING.
THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE FORGOTTEN.
EVERY DAY WE GET CLOSER TO THOSE RESPONSIBLE.
HE WILL HAVE JUSTICE.
WHAT SIDE OF IT ARE YOU COMING DOWN ON?”

I think substance abuse could be a possibility. Maybe he was meeting someone down the street to buy something and things went wrong? But the no shoes situation is confusing. I think he may have taken his wallet for id purposes so people know who he is. Maybe the phone was taken for location or to leave some kind of message? I don't think he is in water. I think this looks like suicide... But i am hoping it is psychosis he maybe roaming around with the homeless community.

Maybe he had some slides he threw on. Or maybe he was getting ready to head out, had his wallet and phone in his pockets when someone came to door and said get out here now...or texted and said get out here now. So he did. Got in car is likely. Not looking good.

North Carolina father, 32, missing for six weeks after saying he was going to take a shower | Daily Mail Online

On September 3 at about 2 p.m., Cory Dale Moore, 32, was at the house where his grandmother and mother live in Sanford. He said he was going to take a shower.

When his mother checked on him soon after, Moore was gone. He had disappeared without a word, taking his wallet and cellphone but leaving behind his shoes.

He did not have a car, and Sherri Galvin, Moore's aunt, believes he left on foot.

upload_2020-12-8_21-11-3.jpeg
House where he was last seen.

Moore's bank account and social media accounts showed no activity.
Family stated he had a rough couple years but stayed in constant contact with family. He moved in with family and worked nearby.

This stood out to me...
Galvin suggests Moore is at least not entirely to blame for his own disappearance.

'We want the people responsible to see this everywhere they look,' she wrote Tuesday in a Facebook post asking people to switch their profile picture to one with Moore's picture and a hotline number. 'We want them to feel the shame and the long reaching effects of their cowardly actions every time they log on.'

The past few years had been rough on Moore, so in June 2020 he moved in with his sister in Mooresville, according to Dateline. He worked nearby for a natural gas company.

After his sister went on her honeymoon, Moore moved to the house in Sanford where his mother and grandmother live.

Galvin suggests Moore is at least not entirely to blame for his own disappearance.

'We want the people responsible to see this everywhere they look,' she wrote Tuesday in a Facebook post asking people to switch their profile picture to one with Moore's picture and a hotline number. 'We want them to feel the shame and the long reaching effects of their cowardly actions every time they log on.'

Galvin told Dateline her nephew had struggled recently and sometimes found himself in bad situations.

'But he didn't deserve this,' she said. 'He was turning his life around and deserved a second chance.'
North Carolina father, 32, missing for six weeks after saying he was going to take a shower | Daily Mail Online

It sounds like the family have someone in mind when it comes to who is responsible for Corey's disappearance?

I've seen kids mentioned, what about an ex?

Missing: Cory Dale Moore
132058105_138011491419839_2938220050426108880_n.jpg
131890453_135469965007325_785060044604230294_n.jpg

12/20/2020
PLEASE SHARE
STILL MISSING AND ENDANGERED
Cory Dale Moore is a missing 32 year old white male with brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen in Sanford, North Carolina on September 3, 2020 around 2:00 p.m. He hasn’t been seen or heard from since. We believe he was with others prior to disappearing and that one of those people has information related to what happened and where he is now located & possibly buried.
WE URGE ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CASE TO PLEASE LET LAW ENFORCEMENT OR THIS PAGE’S ADMINS KNOW WHERE HE IS. THATS ALL WE NEED. JUST A LOCATION. PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON THOSE WHO LOVE THIS MAN.

137391185_150394720181516_6150229592160032762_n.jpg

***$2,000 Reward***

A $2,000 reward is now being offered for information that leads to the exact current location of Cory Dale Moore. This information can be submitted anonymously if you wish. Upon location of Cory Moore, we will send the money via CashApp or will deliver $2,000 in cash to a physical location of your choosing.

Cory has been missing for 4 months now. No family should have to go through this for so long. We are begging that anyone who has information please come forward. Sadly, we feel that he is not alive at this point. We need to be able to bury him properly. We need to be able to tell his children that daddy didn’t leave them on purpose. We implore anyone who can help end this to please have a heart and come forward.

You can remain anonymous. You can send the information to Facebook messenger via this page Missing: Cory Dale Moore. You can create a fake Facebook account to do this. You can create a new anonymous email address and send an email. Private message for the email address. You can text the information to 910-676-2509.

Once we have located Cory, whether alive or not, the money will be transferred to you. We just need a CashApp username or place to meet with the money.

We aren’t interested in pursuing any persons involved. We know that sometimes things happen and people panic in a scary moment. We don’t want anyone else to suffer. We just need to find our loved one so he can be laid to rest and we can all grieve properly.

This reward is only being offered for the next five days. If no information is received and we have not been able to locate Cory by Friday 1/8/20 the offer will be withdrawn.

Family of missing Sanford man reacts as human remains found in Lee County :: WRAL.com

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is investigating human remains found in a heavily-wooded area in the vicinity of Carbonton RD and Pickard Rd.

The remains were found within a half mile of 96 Pickard Road in Sanford, where 32-year-old Cory Moore was reported missing and last seen on Sept. 3, 2020.

The sex, gender, race or other identifying characteristics of the remains were not obvious to investigators. The remains will be sent to the N.C. State Medical Examiners Office for autopsy and identification.

(From Family):
While no ID has been made, it appears very possible that this could be our family member. We are anxiously awaiting further word from officials on a positive identification.

The Lee County medical examiner was unable to determine the sex, race or other identifying characteristics, the sheriff’s office said.

The remains are within a half-mile of 96 Pickard Road, the home of Cory Moore, 32, who was last seen in that area on Sept. 3.

The area was thoroughly searched after family members reported that Moore was missing, but no trace of him was found.

Moore, who had a history of addiction, had just returned to Sanford after a stay at a drug rehab facility, family members said.
No identification yet on human remains

12 Feb 2021
We were contacted by the Lee County Sheriffs Department this afternoon regarding the discovery of human remains in the area where Cory Moore was last seen on September 3.
We have been advised that there has not been an identification made yet and this is pending the Medical Examiners findings. While no ID has been made, it appears very possible that this could be our family member. We are anxiously awaiting further word from officials on a positive identification.

This has been a very emotional day for us all, as have the last 5 months as we’ve searched for answers as to what happened to our loved one. We have as a family searched that area multiple times since Cory disappeared as has the law enforcement community in Lee County, including searches with K9s.

We are grateful for all of the effort that everyone involved has made to help bring Cory home. We ask that you continue to lift our family in prayers as we gather and wait for word on if Cory has finally been found.

It is with the heaviest of hearts that we post this final update to our page. Our Cory is no longer lost. Authorities have confirmed that the remains found on Friday, February 12, 2021 are those of Cory Dale Moore. We are devastated by this news. We do, however, find comfort in the fact that we have been able to bring him home after five incredibly difficult months of searching.

Please continue to lift us all in prayer for peace and for Cory to finally have rest. We are forever grateful for every message, every share, and every comment that has helped us in our mission to find our boy. There are no words to express how much they have meant.

We will share funeral arrangements once they are available. We will also be creating a **[EBM] page to assist with funeral expenses should anyone wish to make a contribution for Cory. Thank you all again for your support and your help.
#

:( Rest in peace, Cory. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Human remains found in Lee County, North Carolina last Friday have been identified as Cory Dale Moore, a 32-year-old father who has been missing since September, according to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office.

The remains were found around 1 p.m. on Friday, February 12, 2021 in a heavily wooded area near Carbonton and Pickard roads in Sanford, North Carolina, a half-mile from where Cory was last seen.

According to the sheriff’s office, the remains were discovered by a couple walking the land with possible intentions of purchasing it.

On Tuesday, the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office they had positively identified the remains as Corey Dale Moore of Pickard Road, Sanford, who was reported missing on September 8, 2020.

The sheriff’s office stated that no further information will be available until the autopsy report is final.

Cory, a father of three young children, was featured in Dateline’s “Missing in America” series in October. His aunt, Sherri Galvin-Bellamy, told Dateline that it was the middle of the afternoon on September 3, 2020, when Cory’s family last saw him at his grandmother’s house. He left on foot without his shoes and wasn’t seen or heard from again.
Human remains found in Sanford, North Carolina identified as Cory Dale Moore missing since September

The “barefoot” part is bothering me. At first I thought he was mentally challenged or mentally ill if he left without shoes.

Then I read that Family members did not actually see him leave, so it seems odd that they say he was barefoot when he left because his shoes were there (most people have more than one pair of shoes). Also, if they didn't see him leave, why did they say he left on foot because he didn’t have a car? (someone could have picked him up).

Was the family deliberately trying to paint the wrong picture of how he left that day? Something is off.

Also, I’m dying to know if they found his body with shoes on....did anyone see any details about that yet.

The “barefoot” part is bothering me. At first I thought he was mentally challenged or mentally ill if he left without shoes.

Then I read that Family members did not actually see him leave, so it seems odd that they say he was barefoot when he left because his shoes were there (most people have more than one pair of shoes). Also, if they didn't see him leave, why did they say he left on foot because he didn’t have a car? (someone could have picked him up).

Was the family deliberately trying to paint the wrong picture of how he left that day? Something is off.

Also, I’m dying to know if they found his body with shoes on....did anyone see any details about that yet.

I don’t know a lot of these details but it’s my understanding that he was staying with his mom while his sister was on her honeymoon because he lived with his sister. He was dropped off at his mom’s house by his sister because he wasn’t able to drive. If this is true it’s plausible that for a short period stay he only brought the shoes he wore to her house. So if they found these shoes at the house they may have deduced that he must’ve left barefoot. This helped this particular detail make a bit more sense to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back