NC - Danielle Lunsford, 8, starved to death, Danville, 2 Oct 2010

It is not just NC, its happening across the United States.DSS,DYFS,CPS what ever Child Protective Services is called,they are failing our children everyday!These 'S make me sick:furious:They both need to be jailed for abusing this child,if she was not eating take her to a doctor.You don't sit on your @ss letting her starve ! Just makes me sick.RIP Danielle.

You are so right mommom. I am sorry, that was the heat of the moment and you are right. It's not fair to suggest the problem is only NC's. It just seems through bad timing there are alot of these really horrific cases there lately.

Children are being abused daily all over this country and DCF/DSS/whatever the agency is not really doing at all an adequate job of handling the volume

The older children will definitely be the key to what's going on here. They are all old enough to tell. Parents usually don't mistreat their youngest child unless they are mistreating all of them; which may be the case one way or another. I hate to say it, but the home schooling is a red flag to me considering what's happened. :( Eating disorders do happen with children this young, but the lack of medical intervention makes no sense.

ETA: The parents seemed oddly unemotional also which didn't bode well for them.

I don't understand why they didn't get her any help. My daughter had a similiar problem this summer. She is 11 and thought by not eating she would lose weight. It was a horrible expierence good thing it lasted 1 week. I told her if she didn't start eating I was taking her the the hospital and that seemed to solve my problem.

December 2013 - the state seeks the death penalty.

Dominique Lunsford was charged with first-degree murder, three counts of intentional child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury, first-degree sexual offense and indecent liberties with a child.

Her husband, Willie Lunsford Jr., has been charged with first-degree murder, three counts of intentional child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury, injury to personal property, indecent liberties with a child and first-degree sexual offense.

http://m.godanriver.com/news/danvil...108-61db-11e3-9c98-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

[County Assistant Da] Martin said Danielle gained weight in the hospital, and showed no signs of illness.
“She and the other children were home-schooled. They were isolated from relatives and neighbors, and moved multiple times,” said Martin. “She slept on the floor between her sisters’ beds.”
She said Danielle’s brother “revealed evidence of brutal beatings at the hands of their parents, and sexual abuse to him.”
Dominique published a book which Martin called “a chilling comparison” to what happened to Danielle.

http://m.caswellmessenger.com/mobile/news/article_3f982352-6270-11e3-a7bf-001a4bcf887a.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back