Found Safe NC - Darrell Wesley Veach, 33, Asheville, 16 March 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Apr 15, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Officers say that 33-year-old Darrell Wesley Veach was last known to be staying at the Salvation Army on 204 Haywood Street on February 24. According to the police, the group reporting him missing last had contact with Veach on March 16.

Veach is described as a male, 33-years-old, 5'8" and weighing approximately 125 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

Police say that Veach also has several tattoos including one on his center finger reading "WFOTTDID", "mom" in a heart on his chest, "veach" on his right arm and a mermaid on his right leg.

Police are asking anyone with information on the whereabouts of Darrell Veach to please contact the Asheville Police Department at (828) 252-1110 or Asheville-Buncombe Crime Stoppers at (828) 255-5050, if they wish to remain anonymous.

Asheville police asking for help locating missing man not seen in almost a month

2. doodles1211

3. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  5. PommyMommy

I wonder if that could be because she's been in prison? She is 49 and he is 33...if they are related, I wonder how...

It's quite a coincidence that they both have the same last name, disappeared a week apart, and lived about 4 miles from each other. If I have this right - Google Maps

6. doodles1211

Could be a popular name around there. Maybe they are distant cousins?

AzPistonsGirl and PommyMommy like this.
  7. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

His FB page (last post was June 14, 2018, his mother MKS has replies to some of his posts):

Darrell Veach

Another FB (2 posts in Aug. 2018):

Darrell Veach

(only one post in Jan 2018):

Darrell Veach

KatzEye and PommyMommy like this.
  8. PommyMommy

@TatianaBarbie compared FB friends though, and they had none in common. (See Julialynn's thread.) So, it seems less likely now, but man, what an uncanny coincidence. I still can't close the door completely...MOO

9. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

I agree--it is very unusual for two people with the same last name to disappear from the same location within a small time period.

ETA: MOO!

PommyMommy likes this.
  10. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

He did not have a fixed residence that we know of and had just been "staying at a Salvation Army." I'm hoping that he just made other arrangements for housing and just didn't tell them (they were the ones to report him gone). No friends or family have reported him "missing".

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  11. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

Seeing this had me check further into his criminal past. Man accused of taking woman's wallet He has an extensive history in MC for theft, fraud, and drugs and has served time for felony theft. (NC ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS)
    He might have gone intentionally missing if he had recently done something that would have violated probation.

TatianaBarbie and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  12. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators