Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Two teenagers who went missing together Friday and are believed to be friends have been found dead in Western Orange County, North Carolina.

On Saturday, Orange County Sheriff’s Office posted on their social media page asking for the public’s help locating 14-year-old Lyric Woods. She was a ninth grader at Cedar Ridge High School in Hillsborough. She was last seen by her family Friday night in Efland, North Carolina. The sheriff’s office said Woods left home, and her parents could not reach her after 6:00 p.m. Saturday.

An 18-year-old who is said to be friends with Lyric, according to his mother, said her son also went missing Friday, and he was with Lyric.

However, it’s unclear why Orange County Sheriff’s Office did not make a post about the disappearance of 18-year-old Devin Clark. Clark is a student at Eastern Alamance High School. His mother, Tiffany Concepcion, said he had been missing since Friday morning after leaving their home in Mebane. His phone was off, and no one had heard from him.

Clark’s mother, Concepcion, posted a video on Facebook Sunday afternoon before the news about the two being found deceased surfaced on social media, stating that her son and Lyric were friends.

Rumor has it that the two were picked up by an unidentified man, but police have not confirmed the rumors.

Orange County Sheriff’s Office said two men found two bodies in the Western part of the county Sunday afteroon.

According to authorities, the men who found the bodies were riding four-wheelers before they discovered them just before 3:00 p.m.

The sheriff department released the following statement below:

Orange County deputies responded to western Orange County this afternoon after two men reported discovering a pair of bodies just off a power-line easement. The men were riding four-wheelers checking trail cameras.
Investigators are processing the area for evidence and the medical examiner is on scene.
No additional information is available at this time.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department has confirmed that one of the bodies found was a white female and a black male, both under the age of 20.

Lyric Woods mother, Jennifer Johnson Woods, confirmed on social media that her daughter was found Sunday dead.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Two teens found dead in Orange County, homicide investigation underway

Sheriff Charles Blackwood said in a statement his office will work to find those responsible, writing, “As a parent, I cannot imagine how excruciating the wait for confirmation of the victims’ identity is. However, the process is important and critical to lead us to the person or persons responsible for this horrific crime. I’m asking for your patience as we, along with other investigative agencies, do the work necessary to seek justice for the victims and their families.”

Her family last saw her on Friday at 6.30 pm. She disappeared on Sat. at 1.30 am. meaning her parents weren't the last people to see her alive.
I wonder who saw her being picked up by an adult male---or is that even accurate?

Who saw her at 1:30? I doubt her parents allowed her to leave at that time. Did she sneak out?

A neighbor in the area said he heard at least 20 gunshots go off on Friday night near where the two teens' bodies were found.

An incident report says that Woods' step-father, Shane Cannada, noticed she got in the shower at around 11 p.m. on Friday night. He went to wake her up on Saturday morning and noticed she was missing.

While the Orange County Sheriff's Office provided WRAL news with several pages of narratives about their investigation into the disappearance of Woods, they didn't do the same for Devin Clark.

She said she learned about her son's death through social media and still has yet to identify him in person. Concepcion said she identified his body over the phone to the sheriff's office.

Investigators said both Clark and the female appear to have been shot. That's why they're investigating the case as a homicide. But more details are expected when the medical examiner's report is completed.

As a parent of a teen in this same area, this is extremely alarming. I hope the two jurisdictions can work well together (Alamance and Orange counties). I imagine Orange will have the lead since that is where they were found. May resolution be swift.

I did note in the news report above that the only thing of Lyric's that was missing when she was discovered missing was her iPad. Then later on in the article it says the police seized her iPad. I wonder if that means it was found with her at the scene?

Is there a possibility this was a murder/suicide situation? I know there’s mention of another man maybe being with them but I wonder if it’s been verified by video. In that case, of course the gun would have been found at the scene. Just throwing that out there…

Is there a possibility this was a murder/suicide situation? I know there’s mention of another man maybe being with them but I wonder if it’s been verified by video. In that case, of course the gun would have been found at the scene. Just throwing that out there…
I think LE would have been able to call that right away. I’m hoping it wasn’t a hate crime. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie