Found Deceased NC - Devin Clark, 18, Lyric Woods, 14, found murdered after going missing in Alamance Co., 16 Sep 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. I don’t like this.

How did they even knew each other? Lyric was 14, a freshman, Devin was 18, a junior. They didn’t even attend the same school.
In small communities everybody knows everybody
She may have had a brother or sister that was a junior at that school. School activities football and basketball ball games…….
I hope that it was not hate crime.

Their bodies were found in Mebane. There’s a small town center and a commercial area with outlet mall, fast food, etc., but the rest is pretty rural. Maybe 10-15k residents. Part of Mebane is in Orange County, part in Alamance County.
They were found near the 2300 block of Buckhorn Road, which is just north of the intersection with Mt. Willing Road.

The bodies were discovered “just off a powerline easement” in western Orange County,” said Alicia Stemper, spokeswoman for the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

The News & Observer’s newsgathering partner, reported they were found near a power-line easement in the Buckhorn Road area outside Hillsborough. The site is about 2 miles away from the house where Woods was last seen. Both had been shot, according to the Sheriff’s Office

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article266011501.html#storylink=cpy
In this area, the town lines, and even the county boundaries, are indistinct. Lyric went to high school in Hillsborough (the Orange County seat), and she lived in Efland (super small, barely incorporated, population 800). Devin lived in Mebane, most likely the Alamance part of Mebane, which is why he went to a different high school. It’s very confusing!

In this area, the town lines, and even the county boundaries, are indistinct. Lyric went to high school in Hillsborough (the Orange County seat), and she lived in Efland (super small, barely incorporated, population 800). Devin lived in Mebane, most likely the Alamance part of Mebane, which is why he went to a different high school. It’s very confusing!
Thank you for explaining. ;)

And while the immediate area is rural, it is right on the fringe of Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, the Triangle, and 20 minutes from Greensboro, both large, urban areas.

It sounds like Lyric maybe lived mostly with mom & stepdad, so maybe dad wasn’t totally in the picture. The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. They update the article with new details every so often, but the editing is sloppy.
Local to the area. Reporting has seemed lacking since the missing reports started. It's so hard to keep up whats what.

The location of their bodies isn't that far -- maybe 10 miles -- from where Daphne Foster was killed by two guys from Hillsborough who had just recently been released from jail. They killed her in their house in White Cross (ultimately leaving her body off Chicken Bridge). Her killers are in jail, so obviously they had nothing to do with this, but I wonder if they traveled in a similar circle as the killer. They both grew up in Hillsborough and went to Hillsborough/Orange County schools.

I’m surprised at the lack of new information being reported. LE must be keeping details close to the vest.
I always think, it will be quiet if they don’t need help from the public. So they most likely have a suspect in their sights and the next piece of news will be an arrest. I hope, anyway.

A couple of years ago, in a different part of the state, 13-year-old Hania Aguilar was kidnapped right outside her home in broad daylight. Her body was found several weeks later. Now this is a totally different case, but it's part of what makes me feel that Devin and Lyric knew their assailant(s). A random opportunistic killer would be less likely to target a pair of kids, especially one of whom is male. And from what little we know about the crime scene and how relatively quickly the bodies were found, it doesn't sound like the killer(s) took great lengths to conceal the crime. (MOO, obviously!)

Suspect arrested in kidnapping and killing of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member