Presumed Located Nc - Dorothy Wolfe, 85, Gaston County, May 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
Corolla.jpg

"According to police, 85-year-old Dorothy Marie Wolfe was last seen at her home on Summit Avenue in Mount Holly.
Investigators said she may be heading to West Virginia in a black 2011 Toyota Corolla with West Virginia license plate A450799. Wolfe is described as a white female, approximately 5-foot-6 with blue eyes and short gray hair."
Silver Alert issued for missing Mount Holly woman
NCDPS - Silver Alert - Active Alerts
Silver Alert issued for missing endangered Gaston County woman

**Unable to locate pic of MP or date last seen**

...that does not look like a WV plate number to me. License plates here have six characters unless they're vanity plates -- which I guess this could be -- and I can't remember the last time I saw one beginning with "A".
I was looking at both states NC and WV. It doesn't look like either of them really. It appears that both states have quite a collection of plates it could be though. NC especially has an abundance of specialty plates. How do the handicap plates appear? Could it be one of those?

How do the handicap plates appear? Could it be one of those?
I don't think so. I haven't had a chance to look it up, but IIRC a handicap plate in WV will just have an embossed handicapped symbol.

Last edited:
This site confirms what I thought, which is that normal WV plates begin with a character representing the month the plate is issued -- 1-9 for January through September, O-N-D for October-November-December.

License Plate Information Site

There are a few special plates that begin with the letter A, but not just A (that I've seen so far); you can get ABN-123 for an 82nd Airborne-themed plate, for instance. And in general they're all six characters or less unless you request a vanity plate.

Not really sure if this matters -- it just stuck out to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back