GUILTY NC - Dr. Frank McCutcheon, 64, murdered in his Arden home, 16 July 2016

• Thread starter Deleted member 122964
  • Start date
From the article (http://m.wyff4.com/news/deputies-find-man-shot-to-death-in-his-home-after-911-call/40760888):

The Buncombe County Sheriff's Office released a recording of the 911 call made by the doctor's wife, Brenda McCutcheon. She could be heard crying as she spoke to the dispatcher and said her husband had been shot.
"I didn't see anybody," McCutcheon told the dispatcher. "I was upstairs in the bed asleep, then I heard a noise and my dog started barking." McCutcheon told the dispatcher that her husband always slept in the TV room downstairs and would always leave the back door unlocked. She told the dispatcher that her husband was on the couch and had been shot in the head

From your link Wonder:

"The Buncombe County Sheriff's Office released a recording of the 911 call made by the doctor's wife, Brenda McCutcheon."

"She could be heard crying as she spoke to the dispatcher and said her husband had been shot."

"I didn't see anybody," McCutcheon told the dispatcher. "I was upstairs in the bed asleep, then I heard a noise and my dog started barking."Cosmetic Surgery of Asheville."

"McCutcheon told the dispatcher that her husband always slept in the TV room downstairs and would always leave the back door unlocked."

"She told the dispatcher that her husband was on the couch and had been shot in the head."

ETA: sorry Wonder....I see you posted basically the same info while I was busy typing!

I'm guessing this one won't take long to solve. 😞

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

When the 911 operator asks his wife what she is wearing, I hear his wife say something about Capri pants and a shirt. Did she say it was pjs? I don't always hear very well, and I am trying to figure out if she said something that indicated it was a sleep set. Thank you.....

Here is the link with the 911 call again:

http://wlos.com/news/local/investigation-ongoing-after-deadly-weekend-shooting

I used headphones this time and came up with "black capris and a pullover.......what I sleep in".

Sorry, this call raises my hinky meter to the highest level!

Something is not right. It is all right if he slept in the television room on a regular basis. However, she gave information that wasn't asked for - he left the back door unlocked at nights. Hmmm. . .

Her cry sounds a bit fake to me. JMO. Guess time will tell,

Sorry, this call raises my hinky meter to the highest level!

Something is not right. It is all right if he slept in the television room on a regular basis. However, she gave information that wasn't asked for - he left the back door unlocked at nights. Hmmm. . .

Her cry sounds a bit fake to me. JMO. Guess time will tell,

ITA....I listened to the 911 call twice and was struck by those items as well. Her crying definitely sounded fake to me too. (It seemed like a "poor, poor, pitiful me" cry.) And I find it odd that she just accepted the fact that he was dead without any question - making no attempt at reviving him regardless of how futile. Also, she sure didn't seem very heartbroken that her husband was dead....her words were not of sorrow over his passing in this awful way. Very, very strange.

One other thing I just thought of.....she never questions WHY would someone want to kill Frank? WHO would want to hurt him? She's not begging for them to hurry to save him, no urgency to get there.....she just (fake) cries harder when the operator tells her LE is almost there.

Wow, I'm dropping my kid off at his rental room for flight school this week, on that road. I wonder if the locals are talking?

IDK, this lady not only called 911, she also "helped " LE by tipping them about that unlocked back door...sigh.

I just caught up with the thread. What a tragic case. I have a few thoughts after listening to the 911 call in its entirety:
https://soundcloud.com/user-860884798/911-call-from-43-tree-top-drive-7-18-2016

My HinkyMeter is on alert, however, I must choose my words carefully due to TOS. I agree with the observations already posted upthread :thinking: :silenced:

Dr. McCutcheon worked at Cosmetic Surgery of Asheville, which has since closed, according to a sign in the door.

http://wlos.com/news/local/investigation-ongoing-after-deadly-weekend-shooting

911 call at link.

Here's the link to the BCSO's press release, cited in Elley Mae's article (apologies if this has already been shared):

https://m.facebook.com/buncombesheriff/posts/1058917480824775

Wow, I'm dropping my kid off at his rental room for flight school this week, on that road. I wonder if the locals are talking?

O/T:
RBBM: Congratulations on the admission to flight school! That's a huge accomplishment. My eldest wants to be an astronaut, so reading this made my heart to digi-flips for y'all! [emoji847]

I must say I agree with you, and am curious as to what the local perspective is. According to the embedded video at Elley Mae's link, this is anything but a high crime area (and the 911 dispatcher confirmed the home's proximity to the elementary school). [emoji848]

That said, the 911 dispatcher did a stellar job of keeping the wife on the line and talking until the officer arrived! Her ability to obtain information for the record was incredible, and I thank her for doing so. :twocents:

I pray for justice for Dr. McCutcheon!

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member