Identified! NC - Durham Co., UP15960, 25-35, in plastic storage container, Oct'16 - Melissa “Missy” Ann Poitra

Gardener, did you send an inquiry to contacts for Stephanie Rodgers? It appears that a DNA inquiry for Stephanie "is underway". Wondering what triggered this inquiry?

Did you submit her? On NamUs is says for Stephanie that for her DNA:
'Initial inquiry underway' - so if you haven't submitted her for a Rule-Out, you should.

I did not submit her. Perhaps someone else did? Here's hoping they found a match! If anyone wants to write them and find out, please go ahead.

I saw that some time ago, people were trying to figure out who owned the storage unit and that it was owned by The 1953 Company, LLC. The person behind the LLC is Guy L. Lampe of Smithfield, NC. He has been member-manager of the LLC since 1995, https://www.sosnc.gov/Search/filings/4911975

This seems so solvable. I wish they would post photos of the watch and shoes. seeing those items may help us narrow down when she may have died, based on when those items were manufactured/or last sold.

I don't want to sound pessimistic but we probably won't get the photos. Basically... I don't want to say this in a disrespectful way but when a piece of clothing is stored in a closed contained with a decomposing body for extended periods of time, it is very hard to turn it back to a condition where it could be photographed. Our poor Jane Doe has probably dissolved pretty tightly to the fabric fibers, and the watch can be pretty corroded or otherwise, well... unpleasant. If the glass has been broken or leaked, there may be some of miss Doe inside.

What kind of keys were in her pocket? I would suspect a house key and possibly 2 auto keys.

Okay, I am going to round up who I think are the most possible missing person candidates for our doe. It distresses me how her case has not been publicized at ALL in the months since her discovery. The pants give me reason to believe she is accurately around 5'4"-5'6" (in line with the bone height estimation) and more likely on the heavier side (maybe 150-180lbs).

North Carolina Candidates:
1. Stephanie Rodgers (missing from Orange Co. since Apr. 28, 2015) - 37 yrs, "shoulder length brown hair," heavier at 150-160lbs, close height at 61-62"
2. Oralia Hernandez (missing from Mecklenburg Co. since June 29, 2009) - 29 yrs, brown hair, disappeared in jeans, exact height at 65", jeans would have been baggy at 125lbs
3. Rossana Miliani (missing from Jackson Co. since November 26, 2005) - 29 yrs, brown hair, a little taller at 68" and a possibly heavier at 220lbs.
4. Stephanie Haynes (missing from Mecklenburg Co. since July 21, 2003) - 36 yrs, brown hair, 64" and may have baggy jeans at 130lbs; would have many skeletal indicators (well healed pelvic bone and possible evidence of have given birth).
5. Jane Bui (missing from Mecklenburg Co. since October 16, 1997) - 36 yrs, brown hair, 65", heavier at 170lbs.
6. Debra Asbury (missing from Davidson Co. since September 26, 1994) - 26 yrs, brown hair, 69", lighter at 140lbs.
7. Parley Pate (missing from Wake Co. since February 9, 1993) - 33 yrs, brown hair, 67", heavier at 140-160lbs

South Carolina Candidates:
1. Brandy Hanna (missing from Charleston Co. since May 20, 2005) - 32 yrs, "sandy" hair, taller and lighter than estimation at 69" and 115lbs. However, disappeared wearing jeans and Nike shoes, just like UID.
2. Shelia Carver (missing from Oconee Co. since June 16, 1998) - 33 yrs, brown hair, taller at 71" but heavier at 180lbs.

North Charleston police have charged Brandy Hanna’s former boyfriend in connection with her disappearance more than 11 years ago.
Investigators are hopeful this is the first step in solving a missing person cold case — and possible murder — that has gained national attention.
Garland “Zeke” Lankford, 40, faces one count of obstruction of justice after he recently made several statements in direct contradiction to earlier information he gave police in the weeks after Hanna vanished in 2005.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_e8e9681a-c719-11e6-9554-d3dece94066c.html

Virginia Candidate:

1. Autumn Day (missing from Newport News City Co. since July 24, 2003) - 24 yrs, brown hair, similar height at 66" and weight at 180lbs. Has noise piercing.

Tennessee Candidates:
1. Amanda Crawford (missing from Putnam Co. since August 15, 2015) - 33-34 yrs, brown hair, similar height at 64-65" and heavier at 140-145lbs.
2. Kimberly Macintosh (missing from Greene Co. since November 26, 2004) - 34 yrs, brown hair, 68", 180lbs.
3. Donda Martino (missing from Hamilton Co. since June 30, 1994) - 32 yrs, curly shoulder length brown hair, 63-66" and 170-180lbs.

LanadelNay....great work on the lists....will spend more time reading them tomorrow. Thanks for all the efforts!

LanadelNay....great work on the lists....will spend more time reading them tomorrow. Thanks for all the efforts!

You're welcome!

Georgia Candidates:
1. Crystal Hendrix (missing from Tift Co. since March 8, 2013) - 27 yrs, 62-65", brown hair, lighter at 125-135lbs. Went missing in jeans.
2. Faustina Yanez (missing from Cobb Co. since March 25, 2011) - 29 yrs, 63-66", brown shoulder length hair, lighter at 110-135lbs.
3. Adrina Cruz-Farias (missing from Clayton Co. since February 11, 2006) - 30-31 yrs, brown hair, 60-63", 150-170lbs.
4. Tara Grinstead (missing from Irwin Co. since October 22, 2005) - 30 yrs, brown hair, 63-65", lighter at 100-110lbs.
5. April Blair (missing from Ware Co. since March 6, 2004) - 28 yrs, brown hair, 64", 170lbs.
6. Paula Wade (missing from Lowndes Co. since October 14, 2002) - 25 yrs, brown/auburn hair, 67", 150lbs.
7. Lori Washington (missing from Meriwether Co. since July 3, 1997) - 25-26 yrs, brown hair, 65-67", 170-180lbs.
8. Melanie Warren (missing from Chatham Co. since April 11, 1997) - 34 yrs, brown hair, 65", lighter at 130lbs.

Virginia Candidate:

1. Autumn Day (missing from Newport News City Co. since July 24, 2003) - 24 yrs, brown hair, similar height at 66" and weight at 180lbs. Has noise piercing.

If this UID happened to be Autumn, it would have been smart of her killer/the one who disposed the body to remove the nose piercing and get rid of it in trash etc. It's probably impossible due to decomposition to say from the corpse if the UID had had a piercing or not.

the key to this UID is who's storage unit it was. was it rented by someone using an alias, or do they know who rented it? either it was rented w an alias or LE just isn't sharing.

the key to this UID is who's storage unit it was. was it rented by someone using an alias, or do they know who rented it? either it was rented w an alias or LE just isn't sharing.

Yeah, I agree. It seems very strange that they wouldn't know whose storage unit it was. It really is not easy to rent a storage unit with an alias. Perhaps the owner had passed away and it's not clear who had access to it in the meantime? My mother died six months ago and we still have three units in her name, and the storage company wouldn't have any way of knowing who has access to the locks on those. If they knew a timeframe they could look at surveillance cameras, but if they didn't, they wouldn't know if it was me, or my sister, or one of the people we've paid to move things in and out, etc. Or maybe LE knows and just hasn't announced it because they are gathering evidence?

This case is haunting me. Has anyone heard of any updates? I am a newbie when it comes to websluething and would like advice what I can do to help.

I just cannot comprehend how this was not covered in the news does this not sound like a serial killers type of behavior? I am curious is there a database or website to find similar cases. So upset about this case I feel I am being pulled in some strange way to do something but Idk what I can do to help. Anyone else experience this feeling about one case in particular? If so any advice on where to start to help? I’m sorry. New at websluething. Where do I start? TIA

I just cannot comprehend how this was not covered in the news does this not sound like a serial killers type of behavior? I am curious is there a database or website to find similar cases. So upset about this case I feel I am being pulled in some strange way to do something but Idk what I can do to help. Anyone else experience this feeling about one case in particular? If so any advice on where to start to help? I’m sorry. New at websluething. Where do I start? TIA

Welcome to WebSleuths Momof2! There are several other sites besides WebSleuths were you can sleuth information on missing persons. However I find the information on WebSleuths to be the most reliable - most likely due to the rules of this site (aka Terms of Service or TOS). If you haven't already read the TOS I recommend that you do so. Here is a link: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

To find other websites for missing or unidentified persons perform a google search for "missing persons websites" and you will get several hits. Another site where I chose to spend time is NamUs - National Missing and Unidentified Persons System. This is site where Law Enforcement enters case information on missing or unidentified persons. Here is a link: https://namus.gov/

There are LOTS of awesome sleuths here on WS...I've learned a great deal about on-line sleuthing just reading the posts of other sleuths. Here is a link to a WebSleuths forum with information on sleuthing unidentified persons. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?473-Unidentified-How-To-amp-Reference-Forum

Happy Sleuthing!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg