Found Safe NC - Emily Dowdle, 11, Catawaba County, 27 Sept 2016

That was a bit funny the way it was worded. It's not as if she was hiding in the woods for a week. It's still pretty serious that she ran away though and if she doesn't have major issues in the home I hope she is made to understand what COULD have happened to her out there. There are animal predators and human predators that could have hurt her. She's obviously a smart girl to figure out how to clone her parents e-mail. I hope she uses that mind of hers for good things in the future.

There were bad storms the night she was gone and the next night, before she was found. I still can't get over an 11 year old not being scared to death out there in the middle of the night by herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are investigating "how she managed to survive"? Are they kidding? A healthy 11 year old in the woods in North Carolina for 30 hours in September? It's very hard to imagine she wouldn't have survived it, barring foul play.

I wonder if they're looking to see if she had help.

9 days out of school, cloning parental email and then using it to write permission/notice of her being out of school...

Well then. Someone's going to be grounded, methinks.

I didn't even know this was a thing. Parenting in the digital age is hard.

There were bad storms the night she was gone and the next night, before she was found. I still can't get over an 11 year old not being scared to death out there in the middle of the night by herself.

"The reason that we brought in as many resources is to end this as quickly as we can," Chief Cozzen said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/new-details-in-missing-girl-case/327838505

>>>snip

"She was fine. She was healthy," Chief Cozzen said. "She was in a good mood..."[/I]

(article continues)

<<<snip

They are investigating "how she managed to survive"? Are they kidding? A healthy 11 year old in the woods in North Carolina for 30 hours in September? It's very hard to imagine she wouldn't have survived it, barring foul play.

Don't underestimate those Carolina girls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back