Found Safe NC - Emily Dowdle, 11, Catawaba County, 27 Sept 2016

I have a feeling(based on comments on the group thread I linked) that her running isn't because of trouble at home but because of her mom's passing. And I'm sitting here in tears.

I have a feeling(based on comments on the group thread I linked) that her running isn't because of trouble at home but because of her mom's passing. And I'm sitting here in tears.

She wanted her mommy. It's just heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps, as far as her parents knew when they provided the information, Emily did not have a phone. However, someone else could have provided her with one that the parents knew nothing about.

oovoo? That's a new one to me - another tool for predators. :sigh:
Back in my day *00-02* I had a 27 yo bf that gave me a pager bc we kept the relationship secret bc I knew my parents would NOT approve. This does happen. And more easily now with the advancement of technology. It's very scary! IMO

PS. LUCKILY he was not a creepy pedo & broke it off with me. We really cared about & respected each other (I still had my V Card) but he didn't want a secret relationship. We stayed in contact occasionally hoping to reunite once I was old enough, but he found a WOMAN who was right for him & married her. We are still fb friends to this day. Until I found WS, I HAD NO IDEA just how bad that sorta thing could've turned out 😦

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1583446821961490:0
c0d5082e82369e2f97e747b366f6406b.jpg

"One still missing is one too many."
Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

Great news I hope Emily gets the support she needs she has been through an awful lot in her young life.

Major thunderstorms since about 2pm or so, was not fun driving in it! We're still getting pretty good thunder and lightening near Raleigh and we have a flash flood alert, so lots and lots of rain. I hope she is holed up somewhere (a shed or whatnot ) and staying safe and dry until someone finds her!

Me too. It's been threatening here for hours and the bottom fell out in the last 30-45 minutes. She must be so scared.

Thank you, Lord.

Thank you, First Responders.

What a huge relief.

I LOVE happy endings! So happy she is safe. :happydance:

Comments on the find fb page said she died a year ago but it hasn't been published in and MSM so take it FWIW.

And there was one comment from someone who says she works with stepmom that dad fought to get custody of her? So maybe they were already divorced when mom died? Sad situation anyway you go about it.

WOO-HOO! *happy dance *
Sounds like she was probably taking shelter in an abandoned barn. ..I'm so glad they found her safe! Poor little thing was probably scared to pieces! From comments made on her find page, she wanted her Mommy...so, so heartbreaking! I hope her parents get her into counseling, it's so hard to lose someone close to you that young. This news has made my night!

:happydance::loveyou::cheers::great::tyou:

The missing 11-year-old Catawba County girl has been found safe. She walked out of the woods behind her home Wednesday night, officials said.

A spokesperson for the FBI said shortly before 10 p.m. that Emily Dowdle was "located within the last half hour in a wooded area near her home."

"She is safe, will be checked out by medics," the spokesperson said. "Our thanks go out to hundreds of law enforcement, fire fighters, and other first responders."

Additional details will be released most likely Thursday morning, the spokesperson added.

http://abc11.com/news/missing-11-year-old-north-carolina-girl-found-safe/1530004/

:skip:So happy she is safe!

So glad to hear this news.....thank u everyone. I pray the family understands all the pain she has been experiencing at such a young age. She's fragile.

Now that she has been found safe, I hope someone will ensure that she gets help for whatever is going on. That's an awful long time for an 11 year old to stick it out in hiding, which tells me that whatever her reasons were they were more compelling than the fear she must have felt.

Hugs! Thanks for all the work you do to help the lost and victims.

Thank you God almighty. I'm so happy. I was so very worried for this girl. Yes, Dear lord. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back