NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that could possibly be a stretch. The elders were selling the house and the "renter" children had the problems and claim to have told the elders.

Who's to say they knew anything?

I meant when C&S put the house for sale via craigslist in their frantic rush to get out of dodge....not the current listing. they claimed it was all remodeled, but failed to say "btw, the wiring is bad etc etc"

The adoptive parents to Erica were prepared to sell that house with faulty electrical and microwave. That is what I am taking away from this. They advertised taht kitchen as totally redone, brand new.

I do not believe the elder Parsons (true owners of the property) had any intention of selling it in that condition. Hence Mr. Parsons statement that the kitchen would need to be totally overhauled.

yes that is what I meant....you worded it much better.

I'm far to short to enjoy an over-the-stove microwave, so I have one on the counter that I plug in to use. I've never seen a plug for the over-the-stove models. Aren't they usually hardwired? I am waiting to see the results of the investigation into the fire.

It seems to me that SP was doing the remodeling around the house. From what I saw of the built-in "shelves/desk?" I'd say he is not a master craftsman. I looked at the pictures of the kitchen the other day and thought that the "completely redone" meant that the original kitchen was worse. It's likely SP bought cabinets and possibly the microwave from someone who was really remodeling their kitchen. He then slapped on the most inexpensive pre-fab counter top, put in the $500 floor, and that was that.

While not a bad thing to do, it does reflect badly on them that they would consider using an "as is" microwave. I doubt it came from a retail outlet.

It's so careless not to worry about the welfare of the people living in that house. I wish I could say they were just as careless with Erica, but that little girl had more than carelessness done to her. I just pray she is found, dead or alive. Either way, there will be jail time for those responsible for her well-being.

BBM
Not sure if anyone answered yet, I haven't caught up on the thread yet. Over the range microwave hoods usually have a plug. Outlet would be installed in the cabinet above the microwave. Same goes for dishwashers and garbage disposals. I've yet to see any of these appliances hard wired in :)

Soooo, have CP and SP arrived in Louisiana yet? Seemed like a real rush to leave, like time was of the essence.

They left the state with out their other children because they are in cps care or with a family ? So they're travelling alone. They have some / most / all of their belongings because they moved out of the house. I wonder if they'll drive right past NO and into TX and down south if you know what I mean . It will be interesting to see if they are spotted or confirmed to be in the NO area.

Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
I'm far to short to enjoy an over-the-stove microwave, so I have one on the counter that I plug in to use. I've never seen a plug for the over-the-stove models. Aren't they usually hardwired? I am waiting to see the results of the investigation into the fire.

Just joining the discussion. Just wanted to say that built-in microwaves are hardwired, like a dishwasher. At least they are in my house.

The Michigan mother who hired Casey Parsons to be a surrogate says she lived a nightmare after Casey tried to keep the unborn baby she was carrying....

........The Millers didn’t go through the process alone. They had a surrogate coordinator, who helped them as Casey underwent interviews, physical exams and psychiatric evaluations.
“Every single thing was perfect. Everyone who met her loved her. There was not one thing about her that would raise a red flag. She knew exactly what to say,” Miller recalled.

........Miller said Casey was as “sweet” and “wholesome” as one could imagine.
Miller’s opinion of Casey has since changed.
“She was the best manipulator ever. I did not have one red flag,” she said.

** Lots lots more at link **

:what:

The Michigan couple learned Casey and Sandy were taking money from two other couples who wanted the unborn baby.
Miller said she and her husband sent a letter threatening legal action, and the Parsonses relented. She said Casey Parsons wrote a letter of apology.
When the Millers arrived in Rowan County, the Parsonses tried to claim Miller’s baby as their own.
Miller said contrary to what Casey told Dr. Phil, Miller and her husband did not want the baby aborted. Casey told the talk show host the couple wanted a boy and they believed Casey was carrying a girl.

More from previous link BBM

Soooo, have CP and SP arrived in Louisiana yet? Seemed like a real rush to leave, like time was of the essence.

New Orleans from NC should be about a 10-15 hour drive, depending on where they started from (I don't remember where they are alleged to have been lately). They announced this latest mad caper days ago. Either they aren't really going, or they should be there by now. Maybe they stopped for some vacation time with whatever money people are giving them for interviews and/or to go away.

anyone really think they'll be coming back to claim their kids? I mean they have all their belongings and are homeless. The authorities really only have a matter of time before they get charged with something at the very least the state assistance fraud. Will they be back is a huge question???

those are the SCARIEST type of people....the ones whom everyone loves, passes all tests and so on............yet end up doing horrific evil vile things. the very people that neighbors and family and friends say "oh he/she was so nice and normal, I cant believe they would do that"

that is why I don't just trust someone because society says I should. even the nice old cat lady next door could be a pedophile or psychopath or murderer, etc.

Every single time I read more about this bizarro nightmare-world family I want to drive straight home and give my mom the biggest hug ever. It's not fair. I didn't do a thing to earn the loving home I grew up in, and Erica didn't do a thing to deserve the cesspool she was thrown into. :(Figuratively speaking, of course, not to blame CarP in any way.)

I also keep thinking about that article with Erica's former public school teacher talking about the lack of normal little-kid info out there about Erica like her favorite candy, etc. It makes me wonder if Erica's ever had a birthday party thrown for her or if she'd ever even gotten to ride a horse outside of CP's hallucinatory retelling. It makes me think about the moment Erica found out she was being brought back into the Parsonses' home, just after she was feeling safe and normal for possibly the first time. The day CP told her she wouldn't be going to public school anymore—for "her own sake," probably. It makes me wish she got to cry into a pillow about a middle school crush while someone brushed her hair and told her none of it will matter eventually.

And then my sadness gives way to disgust when I think about the fact that she never even got to pick what matters to her, and the only way to help that feeling is by imagining Erica's moment of triumph as she learns they're finally going to get what's coming to them, regardless if that moment is on earth or not. It can only get better for her if it hasn't already, and so, so, so much more worse for them. And thankfully it's all going to get witnessed by boatloads of people who care about Erica as much as you guys do. :)

I keep checking in... expecting at any moment to hear of an arrest or two here. At the very least for fraud. GAH.

Just joining the discussion. Just wanted to say that built-in microwaves are hardwired, like a dishwasher. At least they are in my house.

I just looked this up. The microwave hoods come with a 3prong cord so they can either be plugged in or hard wired in :)

Attachments

• rl36.jpg
    rl36.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 11
Any appliance can be corded or direct-wired. All it takes is diking off the plug if corded and making the connections directly into the junction box. Or adding an appropriate plug to a pigtail direct-wire cord. I've had both varieties. Due to electrical storms here I opt for a plug so I can unplug my built-in micro when things get dicey. If the micro is added after the kitchen is constructed, it's normally a corded/plug type. Since the P family apparently bought a 'sale' unit for an existing kitchen, I'd guess it was corded. Whether someone opted to convert it to a direct-wire shouldn't matter. Unless they didn't know WTH they were doing.
My dos centavos...

I can't open up Salisbury Posts links without buying a subscription. What else does the article say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar