NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

This might sound like a low blow, but Casey and Sandy don't seem like the most intelligent people. How are they still getting away with this? They couldn't have hid her THAT well... I think poor Erica is on their property or somewhere very close by. A body of water, maybe?? I haven't read over this thread in a long time. Perhaps these theories have been hashed over quite a bit already. I just don't see how two dimwits like the Parsons are getting away with all this. Erica, baby, you deserved so much bette than the life you had. My heart breaks for that little girl.

No news on Erica. :( July 30 marked two years since she was reported missing.

During the federal fraud trial of Sandy and Casey Parsons, there was testimony from James Parsons that every member of his family had physically abused Erica. James Parsons told the judge that Erica was routinely made to live in a closet and given dog food to eat, and that Casey Parsons once bent Erica's fingers backwards so hard that they broke.

He said Casey never took Erica to the hospital, but created a homemade cast for her hand.

“She would beat her with a belt if she didn’t listen,” James Parsons said. “Mama would bend her fingers back.”

James Parsons said that Erica would be beaten if she relieved herself while locked in the closet.

“Dad would hit her with his fist on top of her head,” James Parsons said of his father, Sandy Parsons. At one point, the girl developed a bald spot because of scabbing, he said at the time.

James Parsons told the court that the last time he saw Erica was in November 2011, when she was standing in a corner as punishment.

“She didn’t look too good, she looked like a zombie,” he testified. “She said she did not feel good. She said she could not breathe too good.”

James Parsons said Erica was gone the next morning, and he never saw her again.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/29671341/erica-parsons-first-reported-missing-two-years-ago-today

This might sound like a low blow, but Casey and Sandy don't seem like the most intelligent people. How are they still getting away with this? They couldn't have hid her THAT well... I think poor Erica is on their property or somewhere very close by. A body of water, maybe?? I haven't read over this thread in a long time. Perhaps these theories have been hashed over quite a bit already. I just don't see how two dimwits like the Parsons are getting away with all this. Erica, baby, you deserved so much bette than the life you had. My heart breaks for that little girl.

I agree that Casey and Sandy aren't very bright and it's likely that she's buried somewhere in one of the properties where they lived.

I've also wondered about the story Casey told about Asheville and horses. Going by the theory that lies often have a nugget of truth embedded IMO there's a slim chance she's buried in that area. Either way I've lost hope that poor Erica's battered body will be found. :(

I discovered WS when I was searching for the name of a little girl who had been tortured to death by a family in the 1960's. I had read a tattered copy of The Indiana Torture Slaying I found years ago while staying at a beach cottage. WS had the answer - it was Sylvia Likens.

While reading here I learned about Erica and the similarities just tugged at my heart. I ended up joining WS because of her case. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to let go of it and so I check Erica's thread occasionally hoping for breaking news - which will probably never come.

Rest in Peace Erica, wherever you are. We'll never forget you or the disgusting family that cut your little life short. :rose:

Hi windstorm :) Yes I recall that it was the older son who reported that Erica had not been seen for a very long time. I was thinking more in terms of either him or one of the other children noticing straight away that poor Erica just wasn't around any more. I know I've read that Erica was mistreated by the other children too, but surely there came a day when even they realised that she just wasn't there.
Just me wondering 'why' out loud here - it's just so very frustrating that nobody present cared about Erica enough to even know that she had vanished into thin air.

Interesting topic. When will the next oldest child be a legal adult? We may hear a lot more as the kids reach adulthood. Surely ONE of them loved Erica like a sister :(

Can't believe nothing still :( I'm happy they are locked up though. Hope their other little ones are being cared for well.

Horrible what they did to Erica. Her death was probably from the abuse. I hope they rot in prison.

Casey Parsons moved to Texas prison, Erica Parsons candlelight vigil planned for August -

Casey Parsons, the adoptive mother of Erica Lynn Parsons, a Rowan teen who hasn’t been seen since 2011, has reported to a Texas federal prison. -

See more at: http://www.salisburypost.com/2015/0...igil-planned-for-august/#sthash.uv3ZnlfH.dpuf

BBM above....

As this month will soon be over, anyone see news on the 'planned for August' Erica Parsons candlelight vigil?

:candle:

BBM above....

As this month will soon be over, anyone see news on the 'planned for August' Erica Parsons candlelight vigil?

:candle:

It was on August 1. Not a big article. :(

CONCORD, N.C. -- A vigil in honor of Erica Parsons, the young girl who mysteriously vanished in 2013 brought people together at Les Myers Park Saturday.
Nearly a dozen joined hands Saturday at a vigil to remember Erica and honor her life.

"I remember the hug I gave her January 5th 2011 the last time I saw her. I remember her looking at me outside the truck watching me as they drove off," said Caroline.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/2015/08/01/parsons-two-year-anniv/31010893/

Interesting about Casey and her "illness" - maybe she'll get really, really sick and give a deathbed confession:

Parsons, 40, was listed this week by the federal Bureau of Prisons at Federal Medical Center Carswell, which houses 1,163 female inmates with medical needs.
During her sentencing hearing in Winston-Salem, Parsons’ attorney, Alec Carpenter IV of Greensboro, asked U.S. District Judge Thomas Schroeder to request she be placed in a prison where she could receive treatment for an undisclosed disorder. Parsons has suffered for years from complications from a gastric bypass procedure.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/29581047/...s-planning-candlelight-vigil-for-missing-teen

And some minor news - Erica's bio dad was arrested for tresspassing at a hospital. His current address is the shelter at Rowan Helping Ministries. No details on the arrest. The article says he has a lengthy arrest record in Rowan County for various charges, including assault on a police officer, breaking and entering, and resisting arrest.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/29811358/father-of-missing-rowan-teen-erica-parsons-jailed-for-trespassing

http://www.wbtv.com/story/29979552/c...-erica-parsons
Concerned residents bring in man with trained dogs to search for Erica Parsons
Posted: Sep 08, 2015 9:46 AM EDT Updated: Sep 08, 2015 2:36 PM EDT

By David Whisenant

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -
Two local residents who are concerned about missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons have called in a man from Illinois who is known for searching for missing persons.

Shannon Moss and Wanda Rogers decided to take the unusual step of contacting K-9 Specialties after reading about the success the owner and his dogs had in finding missing children.

I wish K-9 Specialties could locate Erica. I cannot believe this has gone on for so long.

Erica needs to be put to rest properly with the dignity she did not have in life.

By David Whisenant

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -
Two local residents who are concerned about missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons have called in a man from Illinois who is known for searching for missing persons.

Shannon Moss and Wanda Rogers decided to take the unusual step of contacting K-9 Specialties after reading about the success the owner and his dogs had in finding missing children.

The guy they brought in, was the guy that found Bryeon Hunter.

Robert Larson is searching for Erica? :please:

By David Whisenant

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -

I'm sorry the search wasn't successful but it's good that Erica's story continues to get coverage. And from the link:

A $50,000 reward is still being offered for information about the disappearance and whereabouts of Erica Parsons. Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI or Rowan Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700.

I keep hoping that as time passes and the Parsons kids grow up the reward will get tempting enough for one of them to spill some beans that will break the case. 50k is an awful lot of money.

I'm sorry the search wasn't successful but it's good that Erica's story continues to get coverage. And from the link:

A $50,000 reward is still being offered for information about the disappearance and whereabouts of Erica Parsons. Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI or Rowan Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700.

I keep hoping that as time passes and the Parsons kids grow up the reward will get tempting enough for one of them to spill some beans that will break the case. 50k is an awful lot of money.

I don't know how much those kids would know. I'm sure they know what ' happened' to her but maybe not where she is today. What a gutting story.
We love you , little Erica.

Thinking of Erica today. Praying that she is found.

Bones found at former home of missing teen Erica Parsons.

An investigation is underway in Salisbury after bones were found at the former home of missing teenager Erica Parsons.

Parsons was reported missing by her brother in July 2013 at the Rowan County Sheriff's Office. She has reportedly not been seen since November 2011. Much more at link.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/30413008/...missing-teen-erica-parsons?clienttype=generic

Bones found at former home of missing teen Erica Parsons.

An investigation is underway in Salisbury after bones were found at the former home of missing teenager Erica Parsons.

Parsons was reported missing by her brother in July 2013 at the Rowan County Sheriff's Office. She has reportedly not been seen since November 2011. Much more at link.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/30413008/...missing-teen-erica-parsons?clienttype=generic

I just saw this. The new owner found them while cutting down a tree!

OMG.
I don't know what to think.
Oh Sweet Erica :innocent:
Why am I so upset?

Thanks for the link Tulessa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:praying:

Hoping that this is the break they need to find justice for Erica. I hate to say it, but I am a little bit skeptical since they did have a multitude of animals. Erica deserves justice!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back