NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to pass judgement on the student's words yet. I doubt they have anything to do with being heartless. Lauren is a young college student and is dealing with the death of a friend. I can tell you from experience that viewing death when you're 20ish is way different than viewing it when your over 30.
And you are correct. But being 20 ish doesn't excuse the moving on commentary. That is because moving on is easier for 20 ish people. They think they are invincible. I have also seen others way older do this same type of analogy in crimes where they didn't want to face the reality of the crime.

I kind of equate this statement with whatever. I hate that term...it disses everything in the path. Maybe I am over sensitive to the plight.

I'm not going to pass judgement on the student's words yet. I doubt they have anything to do with being heartless. Lauren is a young college student and is dealing with the death of a friend. I can tell you from experience that viewing death when you're 20ish is way different than viewing it when your over 30.

I have heard students younger than Lauren make kinder, more thoughtful statements about what happened to Eve. And how do you know they were friends?

OK, I will amend heartless....she was thoughtless.

I have heard students younger than Lauren make kinder, more thoughtful statements about what happened to Eve. And how do you know they were friends?

OK, I will amend heartless....she was thoughtless.

How do you know they weren't?:rolleyes:

I kind of equate this statement with whatever. I hate that term...it disses everything in the path. Maybe I am over sensitive to the plight.

I'm definitely off the 'sensitivity' topic.
I'm not going to have a war because of my words and my :silenced: opinions.

How do you know they weren't?:rolleyes:

I don't and frankly I don't care. It's totally my opinion, which I am entitled to, that her statement was thoughtless. It's only been a week and it's not time for anyone, IMO, to "move on". If she chooses to "move on" --and if they WERE friends then wow, poor Eve for having a friend who is ready to move on a mere week after Eve's brutal murder--- then fine, but she shouldn't be stating for the public record that it's time for Eve's family to move on.

:rolleyes:

I believe it's at the Federal level that a minor can not get the death penalty, regardless whether or not he is charged as an adult.

actually, as I understood it, the daycare is run by the GRANDmother of the 17-yr. old... in fact I've heard very little info on the parents of these boys/jerks, except that I think the father of the 21-yr. old is deceased.

I wonder how many people will keep their kids in her daycare since this has come down. You know them kids had to be freaking out the older ones at least.

Momof2

On one of the stations they did say his Mother's daycare center. Could've been an error on their part. Dunno.

On one of the stations they did say his Mother's daycare center. Could've been an error on their part. Dunno.

Grandmother -abc11 reports. Reports it as a daycare with a elementary school across the street.

Sorry if this has been posted already but what an stupid comment:

"...."I think that's great. I just hope they made the right arrest," UNC student Lauren Waldron said. "And I hope this whole thing can be put to rest and that Eve's family can move on, and we all can move on as a community."

Move on?????? How heartless. Eve's family will never "move on"...nor will that university for some time to come.

That said, I am very happy that they have caught the and I hope they have the second in custody soon.

And you are correct. But being 20 ish doesn't excuse the moving on commentary. That is because moving on is easier for 20 ish people. They think they are invincible. I have also seen others way older do this same type of analogy in crimes where they didn't want to face the reality of the crime.

Exactly. It was a thoughtless statement. :(

I have run into that kind of thinking in other cases. The reality seems to be lost on some. Typically it is someone who has a low compassion level.
Yes, and there seem more and more people like that in the world today. Sad isn't it? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels