NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sept 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years later, Faith Hedgepeth’s family still no closer to closure

http://wncn.com/2016/09/05/4-years-later-faith-hedgepeths-family-still-no-closer-to-closure/

The family of Faith Hedgepeth is still no closer to having closure nearly four years after the UNC student was murdered.

The 19-year-old was found beaten to death inside of her Chapel Hill apartment on Sept. 7, 2012.

And to this day, her murder remains unsolved.

Every September brings a somber reminder to the Warren County family.

Rolanda Hedgepeth said time heals nothing.

“The pain is still the same as it was four years ago,” Rolanda Hedgepeth said. “You just adapt and go on with life cause you have to.”

Four Years Later, Faith Hedgepeth Murder Case ‘Very Active’

http://chapelboro.com/featured/four-years-later-faith-hedgepeth-murder-case-very-active

Despite the time that has lapsed, Chapel Hill Police Chief Chris Blue said the case “is as strong as it ever was and is as active as it ever was.”

“When we meet with Faith’s family – which we do pretty regularly and our investigators talk to them weekly, for sure – you’re reminded that this is a family that’s looking for our help in bringing some closure to them and helping them begin to make some sense of what happened.

“And if that doesn’t motivate you, I don’t know what does.”

Blue did say that he anticipates additional information being made public “in the coming weeks and months” that police feel will help further the investigation

There's also another article on his other site. http://www.gaspowrites.com

Hopefully the thing about 20/20 is correct, so her case can get some national attention once again.

This whole thing is just devastating.

Crime watch daily has been covering Faith's murder. Here is the latest from them:
[video=youtube;iO2R-EV0ruU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2R-EV0ruU[/video]

I haven't read through all the previous posts. But people here in Chapel Hill are pretty sure who did it, and he's here in our community. We don't understand what else they need!

:Welcome1:
to
Websleuths,

:cheer:Catism !!!:cheer:

So glad you're here with us!!

:rollercoaster:

I haven't read through all the previous posts. But people here in Chapel Hill are pretty sure who did it, and he's here in our community. We don't understand what else they need!

Is Rosario's ex still in CH?

I am waiting for them to show the DNA composite too---wonder if it will look familiar to anyone.

That DNA composite does look exactly like a snapshot. Cant wait to see if it is really accurate or not.

Has anyone else watched the show yet? I thought it was very interesting! They certainly didn't completely clear karena of at least knowing what happened. And I didn't know about the soccer player's sex offender roommate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else watched the show yet? I thought it was very interesting! They certainly didn't completely clear karena of at least knowing what happened. And I didn't know about the soccer player's sex offender roommate.

Yes, have watched... previously-released documents seemed to mostly (as best I can recall) point toward young black males as suspects, so if this new-technology claim of the killer being Latino turns out to be accurate, and especially if the picture leads to an arrest, it will be a fascinating turn-of-events! Have to wonder how many new leads LE are getting based simply on that picture (DNA phenotype).

Funny how people can all watch the same thing and come away with different impressions. I came away thinking that KR and MR had absolutely no advanced knowledge of any plans to harm FH. I heard fragments of the KR 911 call that I hadn't heard before, and it sounded less suspicious to me when sections were played without the cuts that are in the released call. I thought MR seemed very credible and I felt that these were two very shocked women. I do not blame KR for not wanting to talk to any of the news programs and police have said she has cooperated with every request for an interview. If anything, the fact that she's not talking to the press makes me respect her more, rather than less.

One thing I learned from the program is that the same man's DNA was on the bag as in the semen they found inside of her. To me, that pretty much rules out the idea that the note was written by a woman or two people. I think it was written by her killer and that her killer was a man.

I have to wonder if there is any connection outside of her circle of friends -- maybe someone at work (Red Robin) had a crush on her? Maybe someone at the restaurant where she got the bag? Weirdly, although I've lived in the area for ten years now, I had never heard of that restaurant, which was said to be an institution. Anyone catch the name of it?

I continue to believe that the butt dial is just a recording of normal stuff that goes on in clubs. Music, shouting over music...I think if you took a recording inside a really loud club on any day at any time, it would pretty much sound like that, especially if there's a group of people trying to talk over very loud music and the din of a crowd.

I thought it was pretty weird that they played so much of their interview with Tom Gasparoli, who is a journalist but doesn't have any sort of privileged knowledge.

Funny how people can all watch the same thing and come away with different impressions. I came away thinking that KR and MR had absolutely no advanced knowledge of any plans to harm FH. I heard fragments of the KR 911 call that I hadn't heard before, and it sounded less suspicious to me when sections were played without the cuts that are in the released call. I thought MR seemed very credible and I felt that these were two very shocked women. I do not blame KR for not wanting to talk to any of the news programs and police have said she has cooperated with every request for an interview. If anything, the fact that she's not talking to the press makes me respect her more, rather than less.

One thing I learned from the program is that the same man's DNA was on the bag as in the semen they found inside of her. To me, that pretty much rules out the idea that the note was written by a woman or two people. I think it was written by her killer and that her killer was a man.

I have to wonder if there is any connection outside of her circle of friends -- maybe someone at work (Red Robin) had a crush on her? Maybe someone at the restaurant where she got the bag? Weirdly, although I've lived in the area for ten years now, I had never heard of that restaurant, which was said to be an institution. Anyone catch the name of it?

I continue to believe that the butt dial is just a recording of normal stuff that goes on in clubs. Music, shouting over music...I think if you took a recording inside a really loud club on any day at any time, it would pretty much sound like that, especially if there's a group of people trying to talk over very loud music and the din of a crowd.

I thought it was pretty weird that they played so much of their interview with Tom Gasparoli, who is a journalist but doesn't have any sort of privileged knowledge.

The restaurant is Time Out. It's in a little strip mall on Franklin St. Downtown. I've eaten there once and it was okay, but college kids love it.

I'm glad the show got her story out there - my only complaint is that they wasted too much time on the phone call, which we already know (from the police) is indecipherable and from a time when no harm had come to her (we know she left the club safely and was texting her roommate's friend later).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43