Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking the younger sisters story changes too much to believe that Hania was not already sitting inside the SUV.

The very first report says Hanis had started the SUV then stood outside the car waiting for her aunt.

Hania's sister said, “Out of nowhere the man came in and they took her away. She fell and screamed and we couldn’t hear what she told us and then we went over there anId we didn’t know what happened.”

"She just got the keys and started to turn it on," Heylin said. "And somewhere out of nowhere the man came in and took her away."

(If she “just started to turn it on” Hania would be inside the SUV.

The sister also says “ then THEY took her away” (they as in more then one person.)

I think the sisters story changes too much to believe Hanna was standing outside the SUV.

Video of Hania's sister describing what happened.
FOX 46 Charlotte

She also uses hand motions on the video when talking about the yellow bandana but then doesn’t use hand motions when talking about the man grabbing her sister!

The sister also says “ we went over there and we didn’t know what happened” after she also said that she seen the man force Hanna into the car.

FOX 46 Charlotte

Last edited:
All reports are that Hania was forced INTO the vehicle. This is video of Hania's sister describing what happened. FOX 46 Charlotte

Hania's sister said, “Out of nowhere the man came in and they took her away. She fell and screamed and we couldn’t hear what she told us and then we went over there and we didn’t know what happened.”

AMBER ALERT: Lumberton teen forced into stolen SUV, kidnapped from neighborhood
The man forced Aguilar into a green 2002 Ford Expedition registered to Velasquez Hernandez of Summerville, South Carolina. Aguilar was waiting for a ride to school when the incident happened. Officials said the SUV belongs to a relative of the teen.

Here is what I heard, minus the hoodie description.
"Some where out of no where the man came in-
and he took her away-
she fell and screamed-
We couldn't hear her-
We hear her-
she told us-
We were over there -
We didn't know what happened."
It doesn't sound like the little ones where beside her or standing next to her outside. I looked at the property and you would see someone coming down the road or towards you. Unless he was cutting through homes but her place looks kind of open on that street. So if this was an unplanned attack he lucked out big time.

I’m thinking the younger sisters story changes too much to believe that Hania was not already sitting inside the SUV.

The very first report says Hanis had started the SUV then stood outside the car waiting for her aunt.

Hania's sister said, “Out of nowhere the man came in and they took her away. She fell and screamed and we couldn’t hear what she told us and then we went over there anId we didn’t know what happened.”

"She just got the keys and started to turn it on," Heylin said. "And somewhere out of nowhere the man came in and took her away."

The sister also says “ then THEY took her away” (they as in more then one person.)

I think the sisters story changes too much to believe Hanna was standing outside the SUV.

FOX 46 Charlotte

She also uses hand motions on the video when talking about the yellow bandana but then doesn’t use hand motions when talking about the man grabbing her sister!

The sister also says “ we went over there and we didn’t know what happened” after she also said that she seen the man force Hanna into the car.

FOX 46 Charlotte
thanks I was just posted after you about what I heard on the video. And good point that she does not stay consistent with her description of what happens. I don't know what to think. There is a man walking with a cell phone and she is missing and the SUV is found parked off the road near houses, but that is all I can say for sure.

FOX 46 Charlotte

FOX 46 Charlotte
I agree, but she is only eight years old, so I would not base my whole case on her recounts. I listened very closely and could never make out the words yellow bandana. Maybe it is more clear in another interview.

It would be helpful if we knew:

•Did Hania live in the adjoining trailer park (Laiken Estates) and walk over to her aunts home in Rosewood every school morning?
•Did she walk alone or with her sister?
•Or did she live in Rosewood?
•Was this a daily routine for an aunt to take Hania and her sister to the bus stop?
•Which adult usually drove to the bus stop?
•What time would they normally leave the home to go up to the bus stop?
•How did her sister see and hear Hania? Was she outside with her or watching from a window?

Does anyone live in the home at lot 38? Or is it unoccupied?

Is there a local news crew or are they coming from Charlotte or Fayetteville?

It wasn't cold. Lumberton had a high of 68 and a low of 61 degrees that day.
Lumberton Municipal, NC History | Weather Underground

I agree -- weather had nothing to do with her wanting to start the car, although it may have been a good excuse when it was cold outside. Even though she was told not to do it and it wasn't cold outside that day, I think she started the car as many of us would have done at that age. We were trying our best to be "older," and a big part of that is driving. In NC, you have to be 16 to have a regular driver's license, but at 13, in Hania's mind, IMO, 13 is not too soon to start thinking about it. I remember asking if I could back the car out of the garage before my mom and I went out, etc.
I think that was all there was to what she did.

Dear @borndem,

I agree. Starting a parent's car is like a rite of passage. Doing something that makes you feel "grownup" and something you can do that makes you feel confident.

Thinking of this makes me feel so deeply sad because Hania felt "grownup" and happy doing this . That this innocent act created an opportunity for someone monstrous is so hard to even think about.

Such an innocent act that could lead to something so horrible is almost unbearable for a parent to even think about.

In most of these cases, there is a gigantic "if only", if only that particular morning she was late getting ready for school and didn't have time to start the car, if only...

What are the chances that the perpetrator was walking out the woods and saw her alone and took that opportunity? Ripped Hania from her loved ones and they have no idea where she is or how she is.

I think of dear Hania often and I cannot fathom that this happened to this young, sweet, innocent child.

This is such a deeply saddening case and my heart goes out to her family.

Last edited:

FOX 46 Charlotte

FOX 46 Charlotte
Use of pronouns at her age, along with many adults who do this, often say "they" when they mean "he" or "she". Also, they are bilingual, so there could be confusion with learning both languages and pronouns. Many kids her age use improper pronouns.

I myself do this, too.

•Did Hania live in the adjoining trailer park (Laiken Estates) and walk over to her aunts home in Rosewood every school morning?
•Was this a daily routine for an aunt to take Hania and her sister to the bus stop?
•How did her sister see and hear Hania? Was she outside with her or watching from a window?

The Aunts Address is
Rosewood Mobile Home Park
3625 E Elizabethtown Rd
Lumberton NC

Hannas Address is listed as
3381 E Elizabethtown Rd
Lumberton, NC 28358
Lot 102

Hannas Address is on the same road as Rosewood Mobile Home Park.
Google map shows its 2 streets up, a 1 minute drive or 5 minute walk.

3381 E Elizabethtown Rd to 3525 E Elizabethtown Rd - Google Maps

Last edited:
So I have to wonder what makes them believe she is not with her shoes? Are they thinking the kidnappers took them so she can't run, where ever she is. That is a tactic they use, they will keep the person bare foot or naked so they can't take off.

Re-reading the PD fb post, I gather that LE thinks there's a possibility the kidnapper could have discarded the shoes due to the shoes having a unique design. If she is still alive (I'm hoping), then I could see how the kidnapper would want to get rid of anything that could potentially lead someone to recognize her. If she's no longer alive, I'm thinking the perp(s) would want to get rid of anything that could implicate them.

(bbm)
“Think through what you’ve seen since November 5th, have you seen a discarded pair of shoes, did someone try to sell you shoes, did they show up in a donation bin? We want to make sure we draw attention to the shoes because they are distinctive and the kidnapper could try and get rid of them for that reason,” said FBI Supervisory Senior Resident Agent Andy De la Rocha.
Lumberton Police Department

IMO, I believe LE had determined that HNA was likely wearing those shoes the day she was abducted, likely by confirmation of those who saw her wearing them that morning, or potentially due to not being able to locate them in the home after she was abducted. Jmo

Can we talk about the cost of custom adidas sneakers? Those brand new shoes she was wearing in the photo coat approx $110 to buy. Perhaps someone in that family is greak at DIY crafts..but those are very custom Afidas...

The embroidery seems very similar to an adidas Superstar style with SKU AC8576
adidas Originals Superstar AC8576 - Google Search

Hopefully the perp(s) did try to sell them or give them away somewhere. That could be a huge break for LE, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragneel69