NC NC - Jalesa Reynolds, 18, Scotland Neck, 22 Feb 2010

Scotland Neck teen remains missing
Jalesa Reynolds missing in scotland neck

Posted: 9:59 p.m. yesterday
Updated: 11:34 p.m. yesterday

Scotland Neck, N.C. — Authorities continued their search Thursday for a Scotland Neck teen missing for more than a month.

Halifax deputies, Scotland Neck Police and State Bureau of Investigation Agents have been searching along Cemetery Road.

Floyd Walden, a volunteer assisting the search team, said they were looking for any clues that will lead them to 18-year-old Jalesa Reynolds.

more here (but not anything new really)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7305265/

Have not heard about this girl at all....that is very strange that they have a "gag order" you do not usually see that in a missing persons case

I agree that the facebook page is disturbing, and now overrun with horrible posts ...not helping at all I fear. From the little I have seen on this, the sex offender living there in her home, the POI , surely bears more investigation?? Is anyone doing anything here or ?? thanks

Saying a prayer for Jalesa...hoping against hope she just ran away

Interesting side note:

Davis and Pittman are both registered sex offenders. While they look nothing alike, multiple bodies have been found near BOTH of their homes......and they both were convicted in the latter half of 1994, meaning they likely spent time in the same prison. I'm wondering what evidence they have on Pittman....if it's DNA or just circumstantial. Since Pittman isn't possibly a suspect in Jalesa's disappearance, I'm wondering if Davis is responsible for the other murders or if he was possibly playing 'copycat' to get his buddy off the hook. Both seem rather unlikely, but I think it is HIGHLY likely that they know each other.

they have her computer in the house of a rso the day she went missing.

they need a slide rule to figure this one out?

Most of the other victims in the area seem to be from the same profession.

From what Jalesa's family says about her, that is not her situation.
But still coming into contact with an RSO puts her in danger.

Interesting side note:

Davis and Pittman are both registered sex offenders. While they look nothing alike, multiple bodies have been found near BOTH of their homes......and they both were convicted in the latter half of 1994, meaning they likely spent time in the same prison. I'm wondering what evidence they have on Pittman....if it's DNA or just circumstantial. Since Pittman isn't possibly a suspect in Jalesa's disappearance, I'm wondering if Davis is responsible for the other murders or if he was possibly playing 'copycat' to get his buddy off the hook. Both seem rather unlikely, but I think it is HIGHLY likely that they know each other.

That is where I think the gag order is coming from. And yes Pittmans victims where from the same Profession and I do not think Jalesa lead that lifestyle at all, but I do think that it is quite possible that the two knew each other.

http://www.rrdailyherald.com/articles/2010/03/26/news/doc4bacf35b983cf291136663.txt

Della Batts
The Daily Herald Staff Writer
Published/Last Modified on Friday, March 26, 2010 1:55 PM EDT

SCOTLAND NECK — Law enforcement converged on the home of a registered sex offender Thursday, in the area believed to be the last place 18-year-old Jelesa Reynolds, of Clarksville Drive in Scotland Neck, was seen.

Reynolds was reported missing Feb. 23 by her family after she failed to return home from a nearby library. Investigators say she used the library’s computers to check her social Web sites around noon Feb. 22.

Later, she logged on a computer in a residence on Cemetery Road, about five minutes from town, according to police. Allegedly this was the last communication anyone is known to have had with Reynolds. The residence is the home of Dwayne H. Davis, a convicted sex offender.

They've just found more human remains in this same area. They are too old to be Jalesa's, but I feel confident that they belong to one of the same women who are missing in this area. Hoping LE can find this serial killer and that they will look seriously at Davis....NOW!!

IMHO!
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/7319315/

I was reading an article about Christine Boone, a Rocky Mount woman whose body was recently found behind Pittman's home...in the article a couple of family members are concerned that Pittman may not have acted alone.

Family members of the murdered and missing women say Pittman may not be alone and could have had an accomplice.

“I do believe there’s someone else with him,” said Patsy Hargrove, mother of Jarniece Latonya Hargrove, whose skeletal remains were found late June 2009 in a wooded area off Seven Bridges Road.

Juray Tucker, mother of Yolanda Lancaster, who has been missing since last year, shared the same sentiment.

“For some reason, I feel there’s something else that’s coming. I don’t know what it is, its just something I got in my heart,” Lancaster said.

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/slain-womans-memorial-moves-community-raises-questions-17739

Really scary if there's still a serial killer on the loose.

I can't believe Jalesa's case is getting next to nothing in terms of media exposure in spite of the gag order. Surely *one* reporter from the area can think of *something* to say about Jalesa!! :banghead:

Even the 'locals' posting comments here... http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/85825382.html?storySection=comments

...are wondering why they are hearing nothing.

I'm not surprised at all. Far from it. Sorry, but the media could care a flip about a missing minority. Its just true. It's so sad to know I could go missing and it probably wouldnt even make the news in my very small suburb. I know one thing though, if something did happen to me I sincerely hope my fellow sleuthers would help my family out!

bumping for Jalesa - where's any news on her case?!!! :banghead:

We haven't forgotten you, Jalesa!!

It's been two months since Jalesa went missing -- no news about her at all. :(

We haven't forgotten you, Jalesa!

I was just thinking about Jalesa yesterday.

:rose: Praying for you Jalesa, and your family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back