GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

Good Morning, WS'ers
icon4.png

Here's the link:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/14487935/

Will the PT finish today -- Tissue/hankie call -- I'm thinking they will end with Nation. We will get to know Jamie today...

He did "come out" to Jamie and Nation per the opening statements. It was said they didn't care about his being gay, but JB did. I'm not sure what that means, except maybe JB dwelled on this aspect of his life. He was a hanger-on, it sounds like. He stole money, buying himself iPads and a car, and who knows what else.

And I'm sure his soul was tortured by being gay from a family of fundamentalist Christians who may well have spewed disgust toward his kind, and that's gotta hurt.

But he he bought that knife 2-3 weeks before stabbing Jamie. He planned it. Be a man and accept responsibility for your premeditated crime. This "snapped" defense is just not true, per the audio statements the defendant himself made. But I guess he still needs more attention and is getting it via this trial. Hope he's enjoying it.

I have no no idea what that defense attorney, Arbour, is doing spending so much time on who said what and when, and who knew what at what point in time. How does that relate to whether JB premeditated this or not? I'm not getting any point from his tactics. But I feel like he has some intention with all of this. He is too detailed in his questioning to just be filling time.

Oh, and JB also stabbed Jamie in the upper right chest. It cut an artery and penetrated her lung. So between bleeding internally and externally and being unable to breathe, it was fatal. They tried to surgically repair (at least) that damage, but apparently she was too far gone. That poor woman, her poor family... :(

That's a great and perfect summation of this whole thing, Boodles -- you're so eloquent. You nailed it all. Thanks.

So here we are...

Broyhill is rocking already -- maybe he's taken a reality-check...

Well, JB bought the knife on a Sunday night, one week before he killed Jamie. April 14 @ 7:40 pm bought, April 22 stabbed. Once again he's lying about carrying it around for 2 - 3 weeks.

And April 14, that Sunday evening, is when they he finally met with Jamie about doing the quarterly filing for the campaign. He had been avoiding her (IMO, via his fictitious medical problems) prior to that, but the filing was due. They met with treasurer Wallace on the 15th, IIRC.

Maybe he planned to kill her the Sunday prior, but lost his nerve.

Prancy, listen via the link I posted above! It's good audio, not from court, but directly from the interview, and you can hear almost everything JB says, and it's verrrry interesting. He bought himself a Volvo with the money he embezzled.

At at one point, JB said he doesn't want to talk about embezzlement without an attorney, but is willing to discuss the murder (how crazy is that?) (But then later they talk more about embezzling when detective Gill mentions it. Maybe that's why the defense attorney is being so anal about who said what, when. Maybe it's because JB said he didn't want to talk about the embezzlement without an attorney, but they ended up talking about it later, and the defense maybe wants to use this as a grounds for something later??).

However, after he stabbed Jamie in the back, JB conveniently doesn't remember anything else until he hears the police calling him to come outside from the house. He's not forthcoming. He does not have an iota of remorse in his demeanor, IMO. It's all about himself. I don't know enough about sociopaths to guess whether he might be one. It's possible. I do think he's a pathological liar. I don't think he's being truthful in that interview...he totally minimizes the embezzlement and denies any communication with Jamie about it.

How can he say that he thought he took "around $20,000" but then bought a Volvo with the money? Accounting chops, he has none, or perhaps, maybe, er, um, he might be lying...

We're back in the courtroom...

Lunch break till 2:30EDT.

How could JB put the Hahns and his other friends through such hell -- worrying them endlessly (and needlessly) about all his ills? And then the pancreatic cancer. All the while stealing from Miller's campaign account and from Jamie's trusting in him as fast as he could go. There is Jamie, worried a lot about the FEC report & JB canceling again & again, and now this. The Hahns have bent over backwards so many times to accommodate his every wish (even down to getting a freakin' box of Jello for him, Grrrr). Little Jamie finally broke down and somehow Nation tried to comfort her. Poor Nation broke down just a bit on the stand. Dammit.

I'm glad I'm not in the courtroom. How many people in that courtroom want to throttle that lying esso-bee? Line 'em up, I say. What a narcissistic, unfeeling, selfish, lying, stealing azz. No excuses for that man. Putting duct tape on my mouth and trying to stop my hands at this keyboard before I am put in the corner.

Rant over but not done with...

Have been watching trial from the start...first post. WOW!! What a despicable and evil person! Jamie and Nation could not have been better friends to this person. Giving him a job, supporting his lifestyle, letting him live with them, etc. helping him in more ways most will do for their own family! The emotional torture that he put this young couple through leading up to the horrific way he murdered Jamie is in itself unbelievable! They offered him support and help beyond what most people would do for loved ones. Really is scary how much this guy took advantage of their kindness.

Jumping in a little late here, but I was an acquaintance/friend of all 3 people involved in this tragedy. I only met the defendant 2-3 times, but my impression was he was just a goofy, fun guy. Though when I found out about the attack(and it wasn't yet made clear who perpetrated it), my immediate instinct was that it was him simply because he was so immeshed in their lives. It's hard for me to imagine him doing this though given how good Nation and Jamie had been to him.

I worked in politics at the same time as the Hahn's, but had recently moved and made a career change when this occurred. I knew Jamie a bit more personally than Nation, and she truly was as wonderful as she's been portrayed in the media. I'd say the same for Nation, and the way he has handled this has proven just that.

I'd agree with the assessment that Jon may have felt a lot of personal shame and jealousy toward them. It still doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not sure that it ever will.

Nation Hahn is so articulate and genuine. How on earth a human being that was treated like royalty at times, and was so loved by these two individuals could do this is incomprehensible. This selfless couple gave their hearts and souls to this "man". JB's life was nothing but a pack of lies to sum it up. One lie to cover up another lie.... just on and on.

JB slept in the guest bed recovering from his fantasy gall bladder surgery while Jamie's mother was relegated to a futon in the "cat room" to accommodate this freak. What a cretin. After a quick google, I'm thinking extreme "disingenuous histrionic personality disorder." But he was found competent to stand trial so he knows right from wrong and is apparently not psychotic.

I bet he's itching to take the stand so he can garner even more attention. Hopefully the attorneys have convinced him he's too despicable to be heard by the jury. I bet he loved "holding court" in his hospital room with the queue of cops and medical people all focusing their attention on him. I'm disgusted by this defendant. (I love how Nation refers to him as "the defendant.")

Jumping in a little late here, but I was an acquaintance/friend of all 3 people involved in this tragedy. I only met the defendant 2-3 times, but my impression was he was just a goofy, fun guy. Though when I found out about the attack(and it wasn't yet made clear who perpetrated it), my immediate instinct was that it was him simply because he was so immeshed in their lives. It's hard for me to imagine him doing this though given how good Nation and Jamie had been to him.

I worked in politics at the same time as the Hahn's, but had recently moved and made a career change when this occurred. I knew Jamie a bit more personally than Nation, and she truly was as wonderful as she's been portrayed in the media. I'd say the same for Nation, and the way he has handled this has proven just that.

I'd agree with the assessment that Jon may have felt a lot of personal shame and jealousy toward them. It still doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not sure that it ever will.

Thanks for the personal comments, Tedanddix -- it's always nice when someone who has a personal connection with the victim or the victim's family or with the defendant is a member of WS and makes such helpful comments. I think all of us who are on this trial have fallen in love with both Nation & Jamie. The State of North Carolina lost a good citizen when we lost Jamie, and lots of folks who were close to her will never get over it, I feel sure. I have worked in politics a bit, too, and I knew people who knew Jamie -- I always hoped I would get to meet her and Nation, but never did. SMH.

Oh, one more thang:

:welcome6:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

:drumroll:Tedanddix !!:drumroll:

:cheer:We're so glad to have you join us!!:cheer:

:cheers:

:thewave:

I am kinda shocked at how few are watching this trial. It is one of the most saddest trials I have watched in a while, in the sense of such a young and wonderful couple with such a long personal and close friend that totally betrayed them and then taking a life of the person that cared for them so much and that tried so hard to help their friend have a fulfilling life. That aspect just is heartbreaking coupled with the murder of Jamie and attempts on Nation. Just really tragic

This is very interesting and sad.

Thanks for the welcome, borndem!

I am a little confused as to if they realized jon had stolen the money yet. I haven't been able to watch the entire thing, but I guess I was always under the impression she was going to talk to him about the embezzlement that night. After hearing nations testimony, it doesn't seem that was the case. It seems weird he suddenly asked about if she confronted jon if they hadn't seen the bank account. Anyone have a better understanding of this?

Thanks for the personal comments, Tedanddix -- it's always nice when someone who has a personal connection with the victim or the victim's family or with the defendant. I think all of us who are on this trial have fallen in love with both Nation & Jamie. The State of North Carolina lost a good citizen when we lost Jamie, and lots of folks who were close to her will never get over it, I feel sure. I have worked in politics a bit, too, and I knew people who knew Jamie -- I always hoped I would get to meet her and Nation, but never did. SMH.

Oh, one more thang:

:welcome6:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

:drumroll:Tedanddix !!:drumroll:

:cheer:We're so glad to have you join us!!:cheer:

:cheers:

:thewave:

I was wondering the same thing. Nation's testimony seemed to indicate that he and Jamie were not aware that JB had taken all that money. However, they must have suspected an issue, since Nation asked Jamie as she was lying on the ground injured if she had confronted JB.

Nation's testimony was very emotional. What a horrible thing to have to live with. And for no reason at all. Just an evil fake friend.

JB must be a narcissist and even more. Not insane, but likely some personality disorders. I wonder how many people knew how he really was. He seems like one of those people who believes he can lie and people will believe what ever he says, no matter how bizarre the lie is.

I am right there with you. And the lengths he went to! I don't get where he went in that doctors office? He clearly must've lied to the nurse. I'd like to know how he pulled that off.

As far as the money, I'm thinking she may have asked for the login to bank account or for them to look at it together? Still don't think they'd just assume he embezzled money from the account.

I am with you on this. I think the plan was for them to sit down and take a look at bank statements that l Monday afternoon/early evening. It's my thinking that as she made that suggestion, he likely walked over to the bookbag in the other room, pretended to retrieve the statements and instead grabbed the knife, walked back into the kitchen and stabbed her in the back.

I am assuming when he went to all of these doctor's visits he merely sat in the waiting room or roamed the outside halls of the building. Apparently none of the people who had offered to pick him up at the conclusion of his appointments, including his own parents ever went inside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back