GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

At first I thought he was just completely unprepared, but now I'd agree with your assessment, borndem.

It's really annoying that he doesn't ask more open-ended questions. I feel like he talks more than the witnesses during his cross-exams. It'd be more helpful to hear from the witnesses in their own words.

Im thinking maybe in the backyard?

My German shepherd mix hid under the bed while an ex boyfriend(that he was very familiar with) got rather violent in our home. He's very protective with strangers, so that surprised me. So I'm not sure if the dogs would've done much had they been in the house seeing as they were probably very familiar with the perpetrator. I believe one of their dogs was still a puppy at the time.

I haven't seen all the testimony. WHERE were the dog's during the attack?

Oh, maybe so. It's just that I never heard any of the police mention seeing a dog. The CCBI agent never mentioned a dog and I didn't hear NH mention where they were during the attack either. It just struck me as odd. I guess they were in the backyard. Either that or they were at the vet's office.

Can someone tell me if this is a DP case?

The dogs may also have been staying with someone or boarded somewhere since they had just been out of town. It's possible they hadn't picked them up yet, I suppose. It is weird no one has mentioned them being there.

Does anyone know what other witnesses, if any, are scheduled? Is Nation supposed to be the last one?

Also, in relation to the Vegas trip that Jon said he booked and then canceled, have they covered if that was actually true? I know he bought amtrak ticket to Charlotte, but I'm not sure how that fit into the picture with the Vegas thing.

An Amtrak rep testified that JB booked a train from Raleigh to Charlotte, twice. First for 6:45am Monday morning (reservation made around midnight), then for 6:45 Tuesday morning (reservation booked around 4 pm Monday. He stabbed Jamie and Nation Monday at around 5pm).

Yesterday, IIRC, the prosecutor asked Nation whether he had authorized JB using Nation's credit card to buy a ticket to Vegas. I don't recall dates. Nation said "absolutely not."

So, Boodles I assume that JB used NH's credit card for the train ticket purchase- correct??

Hey ya'll, a couple quick pop-ins today and it each time court has been in recess. Are they out for the day? Or did the judge say what time they'd resume (it's currently 2:17 EDT)

Hey ya'll, a couple quick pop-ins today and it each time court has been in recess. Are they out for the day? Or did the judge say what time they'd resume (it's currently 2:17 EDT)

They are back now. I think the lunch break just went over. Earlier in the day they addressed a jury issue off camera. They should be on the rest of the day, except for the break, but it's unlikely there will be much more than the cross.....which is likely to go on and on and on............

Geez Louise, what a blithering idiot Arbour is. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Furthermore, isn't this 1st degree even without premeditation? Because assaulting Nation with a knife is a felony, so this is murder during the commission of a felony. I can't believe this attention-seeking freak didn't plead guilty. There's an eye witness for gods sake.

bbm
Agree on all of it. Maybe they are hoping that there will be one juror to hang it, and then they (JB & Co.) may offer to plead to 2nd or manslaughter or some other ab-so-lute-ly ridiculous notion...........Cold day in he!!, says I. When we see pigs flying around the flagpole, etc., etc.

Other:

I think Nation is getting a bit irked by this man, but he's too polite to ask him if there is a method to all this extraneous micro-miniscule madness. Makes me wanna holler.

Oh, maybe so. It's just that I never heard any of the police mention seeing a dog. The CCBI agent never mentioned a dog and I didn't hear NH mention where they were during the attack either. It just struck me as odd. I guess they were in the backyard. Either that or they were at the vet's office.

Can someone tell me if this is a DP case?

No, it is not a DP case. Just good ol' LWOP.

I suspect this guy just loves the sound of his own voice. What else could it be?

So, Boodles I assume that JB used NH's credit card for the train ticket purchase- correct??

No, for the train ticket, JB used his own debit card. It sounds like he may have then used NH's credit card to buy a plane ticket, but I'm not sure of that. If that's the case, I assume there will be more detailed testimony.

The dogs may also have been staying with someone or boarded somewhere since they had just been out of town. It's possible they hadn't picked them up yet, I suppose. It is weird no one has mentioned them being there.

Does anyone know what other witnesses, if any, are scheduled? Is Nation supposed to be the last one?

Also, in relation to the Vegas trip that Jon said he booked and then canceled, have they covered if that was actually true? I know he bought amtrak ticket to Charlotte, but I'm not sure how that fit into the picture with the Vegas thing.

Re any more PT witnesses -- I'm now thinking they may end with RPD Detective/Investigator Zeke Morse. He's been on the front bench, right behind the PT table during the whole trial, IINM. (The bow-tie guy I mentioned earlier.) He was the lead investigator; he was the one, along with Det. Gill (Gill has already testified), who went to the hospital to interview JB (the recording that was played where JB talked so softly). Morse is first-class; he's smart, very serious-minded and sharp. I hope we hear from him.

Re the Amtrak ticket -- JB did book a ticket for a trip to Vegas -- remember the woman from the Amtrak office who testified about researching the ticket being booked, and she explained how Amtrak's system marks the ticket as "no-show" and then allows the purchaser to use the $$ to book another ticket but does not refund the money.

I think the prosecutor needs to object to this line of questioning based on irrelevance, stupidity, and being cruel and unusual re victimization of the witness who is himself a victim. My stomach aches from this, I can't imagine how he must feel. Poor Nation. Why is the prosecution not objecting?

Re the Amtrak ticket -- JB did book a ticket for a trip to Vegas -- remember the woman from the Amtrak office who testified about researching the ticket being booked, and she explained how Amtrak's system marks the ticket as "no-show" and then allows the purchaser to use the $$ to book another ticket but does not refund the money.

borndem, the Amtrak ticket wasn't to Vegas, it was from Raleigh to Charlotte. I think JB may have also booked a flight to Vegas using Nation's credit card. Not positive, but expect it will be covered later if the defense attorney ever shuts the **** up.

I'm not sure unless the state doesn't want to give any reason for the defense to allege that they deserve a new trial since they were not allowed to put on their defense. Still......it's painful. Maybe the defense is trying to get a witness frustrated or just make everyone tired and worn out. I'm just speculating. It seems like he goes around in circles and about mundane things that make no difference. I'm expecting him to ask what flavor tooth paste the witness uses and how the tooth paste industry began.

I listened to that audio tape and I'm not sure if the defendant was on medications or not, but he didn't seem to display any emotion about killing Jamie or hurting NH. It boggles the mind that you wouldn't have any emotions about it, ESPECIALLY, if you didn't intend to do it. If you didn't intend to do it, then I would think you would be completely torn up about it.

I am not really listening to this drivel of Arbour's. His ego is at least the size of Texas. Is he finally finished with the cross of poor NH??

I am not really listening to this drivel of Arbour's. His ego is at least the size of Texas. Is he finally finished with the cross of poor NH??

Oh, I don't think he finished with the cross of NH. He hasn't even gotten to the day of the murder. The last date I heard ARbor mention was the end of March. I could see this cross go on util tomorrow at this time.

I hate how the defense attorney calls Jamie's MURDER, "the event." It's insulting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back