GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

Anyone care to give a sampling/overview of what Arbour has been asking Nation about? I haven't been able to watch. I thought surely it would be over by now.

I'd REALLY like to know what he thinks he's accomplishing.

I just had a thought. What if JB takes the stand? Between he and Arbour, it could end up being similar to the Jodi Arias month-long testimony!

I just can't listen to Abour !!! Judge Rigeway needs to get control of his court IMO. This line of questioning to me is like Abour is testifying in long repetitive narration of events and giving history. I nearly died when he started about who else has arthritis??!! What does that have to do with Jamie being murdered?? He will go five times in a row just making long winded observations and statement and then every so often ask...Is that fair? I have seen judges tell a defense attorney to...."move it along" or "get to the point." One judge even said...okay 5 more minutes then move on. This is what the judge needs to do to Arbour IMO I'm going nuts with this guy!

Toilet talk - this guy ought to be dis-barred. Never heard anything like it. Poor Nation prolly wants to attack him with a knife... I do.

"So you were on the toilet when you first heard the screaming?" Is this guy freaking serious??

Somebody do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is total abuse of this witness. Humiliating and unwarranted.

You can tell that was really irritating Nation, as it would any reasonable person. This really is borderline abusive. Not only to Nation, but the jury as well! If they talked about the trial, they probably couldn't help but talk about how TERRIBLE Arbour is!

Somebody do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is total abuse of this witness. Humiliating and unwarranted.

borndem, the Amtrak ticket wasn't to Vegas, it was from Raleigh to Charlotte. I think JB may have also booked a flight to Vegas using Nation's credit card. Not positive, but expect it will be covered later if the defense attorney ever shuts the **** up.
Yep -- you are right -- I deleted the post, or meant to!! And I think you're right about the Vegas ticket using NH's card (what a low-life -- he really didn't give a damm about them, did he? Grrrrrr) Thanks for clarifying... maybe I was just hoping that Arbour was on his way to Vegas...

I think the prosecutor needs to object to this line of questioning based on irrelevance, stupidity, and being cruel and unusual re victimization of the witness who is himself a victim. My stomach aches from this, I can't imagine how he must feel. Poor Nation. Why is the prosecution not objecting?
I think ADA Faucette may be afraid it would just prolong it. The whole thing is obscene, IMO. Never have I seen this kind of torture before. Why, why, why???

There must be some justification as to why the judge and the PT are letting this go on and on and on..... the ONLY thing I have gleaned from this cross was that NH didn't see his dog inside the house that fateful afternoon.

Arbour is, of course, trying to show that JB was in some type of trance or out-of-body something-or-other, i.e., not responsible for his actions. That's all he's got. I hope it backfires as to the method of slow-drip torture.

Another thought:
I hope Faucette will tell him mom about this -- I will ask her about it...

I guess the question about Jamie calling out the defendant's name as if she was trying to wake him up, could go to support a contention that he was in a dream state of that he was operating in a manner where he didn't know what he was doing. A father was just found NOT guilty of murder in a case in Durham. He said he was sleep walking. It might be a little late for that defense here, though.
http://abc11.com/

IMO, Faucette needs to object before the judge will intervene. Finally, at the end, he objected once. All this time, he should have been objecting: asked and answered; argumentative; irrelevant; and there must be other grounds. How many times did he ask him about the baby gate??? He asked him where he was on the stairs after Nation said "part way down." Did he expect him to say "on the 5th stair from the bottom"? He asked him if he wiped his butt! WTF does that have to do with premeditation???

I've never seen a witness so mistreated. And he's a victim!! UFB.

And once they define "premeditation" to the jury, there will be no question. There is absolutely nothing covered that would in any way dispute premeditation. No question whatsoever. This is all bs, with zero foundation. What a waste, a cruel waste. Somebody ought to lose their job over this.

I guess the question about Jamie calling out the defendant's name as if she was trying to wake him up, could go to support a contention that he was in a dream state of that he was operating in a manner where he didn't know what he was doing. A father was just found NOT guilty of murder in a case in Durham. He said he was sleep walking. It might be a little late for that defense here, though.
http://abc11.com/

OMG. Acquitted. OMG.

I just can't listen to Abour !!! Judge Rigeway needs to get control of his court IMO. This line of questioning to me is like Abour is testifying in long repetitive narration of events and giving history. I nearly died when he started about who else has arthritis??!! What does that have to do with Jamie being murdered?? He will go five times in a row just making long winded observations and statement and then every so often ask...Is that fair? I have seen judges tell a defense attorney to...."move it along" or "get to the point." One judge even said...okay 5 more minutes then move on. This is what the judge needs to do to Arbour IMO I'm going nuts with this guy!

I would imagine that His Honor may already be familiar with Arbour's tactics -- they are both in a fairly tight circle in Division Three. I think the judge is trying to be careful with it all -- they've got nothing but appeals (which would not be handled by Arbour, thank the stars) or a mistrial. That's gotta be why Judge Ridgeway is allowing it all -- plus Arbour's questions, etc., etc., etc., etc., could very well backfire on him. All he's got is to make it look like JB was possessed while this was going on and not responsible -- and that's what he's trying to do.

Just a note -- Twitter is going berserk with what Arbour is doing -- none of them are from MSM, so I can't bring 'em over. But you get my drift I'm sure.

Just watched the last hour of the cross. Good grief. It's infuriating that he spends so much time talking about Nation being in the bathroom. How is any of that relevant??? This guy needs to be fired and never allowed back in a courtroom, IMHO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back