GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

Welcome, guests!!

We surely hope you will join Websleuths and explore and seek justice with us! It's lots more fun when you do -- access to more areas within WS and new friends. It's a clean site -- no ugly comments are allowed -- there are a lot of folks with all kinds of backgrounds and they are from all over the world.

Please think about jumping in with us -- it's free and it is by far the best justice site in the world.

I watched Mrs. Broyhill's testimony. Any thoughts of what that was all about? I take it they wanted to personalize the defendant, but why questions about her relationship with her son's former girlfriend? Were we supposed to read between the lines on this? So the defendant is so angry with his mom for separating from his father that he barely speaks to her for 15 years? That's pretty odd, IMO.

In past trials I have watched, there were very lengthy testimonies by parents of defendants so I has very surprised by this shorter version with Mrs. Broyhill. I am also surprised that the PT didn't cross examine. The only reason that I think the relationship with JB's ex girlfriend and Mrs. Broyhill was brought into play was the DT probably figured the PT had unearthed this info and would bring it up in cross exam so they were going to just go ahead and play that card.

Yes - it's odd. Why didn't he ask her if he was ever down or depressed, etc. Obviously they were trying to get her to mention his sexuality, but she wasn't going for it. That testimony was totally neutral, IMO -- didn't help or hurt either side. Typical waste of time.

Good Morning! Have a sip of coffee & let's see the fireworks first thing...

Justice for Jamie and Nation and those that love them both!!

I missed yesterday's action, but it sounds like Arbour droned on with Morse most of the day. I hope the defendant doesn't testify, that could take forever if Arbour dissects every second of his life.

Does anyone know who the man is with the ponytail? I figured he was with the family.

I can't imagine the defense is going to be too happy with this witness decision. Why do you think the defense didn't want to bring the defendant's mental issues into evidence?

If you missed the 4th of July fireworks last year, you can witness them right here in the courtroom when Arbour gets a load of the decision that's about to unfold!

Why didn't defense comply with the reciprocal discovery order? Mistake? Or on purpose? :confused:

Why didn't defense comply with the reciprocal discovery order? Mistake? Or on purpose? :confused:

I would say on purpose. Did you watch the Nancy Cooper trial? The DT tried to pull the same stunt with a computer techno guy.

I would say on purpose. Did you watch the Nancy Cooper trial? The DT tried to pull the same stunt with a computer techno guy.

Didn't follow Cooper.

If there was anything substantive, I guess Arbour would not have failed to comply. I don't understand the benefit of this strategy, because it's so obvious a psychiatrist is an expert and this would be denied. But it seems the defense is already planning the appeal to drag this along further.

I would think that if you are planning to say that the defendant committed acts that he did not intend, that a mental health expert would be helpful to the defense. The mental health expert would have been able to discuss depression, anxiety, etc. that could explain the bizarre and unintended conduct. WHAT I suspect is that they couldn't get an expert to support their claims, so it was abandoned. The treating doctor's non-expert testimony was just a last ditch effort t to get the meds in, although, a supervisor at the prison might have been able to provide that info if called.

So much for the shrink.
------------------------------------------------------
Call Darrell (sp?) Broyhill - married to JB's father when he was 22.

Have there been any witnesses who said the defendant was a good, kind, caring person? Did he ever help anyone? Was he ever supportive to others? Is there anyone to say that he was a good person? His mom said he was not a behavior problem is school, but where are his friends?

I would think that if you are planning to say that the defendant committed acts that he did not intend, that a mental health expert would be helpful to the defense. The mental health expert would have been able to discuss depression, anxiety, etc. that could explain the bizarre and unintended conduct. WHAT I suspect is that they couldn't get an expert to support their claims, so it was abandoned. The treating doctor's non-expert testimony was just a last ditch effort t to get the meds in, although, a supervisor at the prison might have been able to provide that info if called.

bbm
Wow, Prancy, good call! I didn't think of that -- excellent idea. And Arbour, who thinks he is smarter than everyone in the courtroom tried to sleaze it in. Hah! Makes tons of sense.
icon6.png

IMO, the Defense didn't do diddly...

ETA: I hope we get to hear the charge conference...

Have there been any witnesses who said the defendant was a good, kind, caring person? Did he ever help anyone? Was he ever supportive to others? Is there anyone to say that he was a good person? His mom said he was not a behavior problem is school, but where are his friends?

None that I can remember. Nation was prolly the most complimentary of anyone on the stand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back