GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

Can I ask a question for clarity from some of our American sleuthers/maybe even Harmony as you have lots of knowledge on this topic. It is my understanding that TM & MM were charged with 2nd degree murder, therefore the charge that needed to be proven was 2nd degree murder. It was up to the defense to cast reasonable doubt on that charge and/or mitigate the charges by proving self defense. Is that right?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...oject-question-evidence-to-jury-36026615.html

So on that basis, why did the defense not call any of the three lead detectives to the stand? They had the right to present any number of witnesses is that correct?

They had the opportunity to present alternate forensic theories to the jury using any number of their own witnesses and they chose not to. Surely that would mean no grounds for appeal if they were to move forward with the same counsel?

Seems to me the only basis they have for an appeal is if they can convince another judge of the worthiness of the children's sworn statements? (which I highly doubt given the time Judge Lee took to deliberate on the matter, but it is always possible I guess)

Unless they were stating they had received ineffective counsel I cannot see how an appeal application would be accepted. They had the opportunity to present a defense and they chose not to present one. Its not up to the prosecution to call their witnesses for them!

I want to weigh in on this but it's not necessarily my belief it will succeed, or my hope it will happen. Regarding the appeal, I think it's possible they might not just be seeking a new trial, but two new trials. Or two separate appeals for TM & MM rather than in-concert?

TM may have been dragged into it believing something to be true that really wasn't. The jury foreman said they believe TM got physically involved when JC size over MM became a factor. I thought it was odd that TM testified knowing nothing about the brick? How could that be? Seems like the foreman could be saying there was once a lifeline for TM for self defense before the coverup. IDK

MM is a deceitful diva, a malingerer feigning DV, that has caused additional problems for TM, IMO. I think she is a sick girl, and her personality issues are real, but she has been deceiving the law now for two years. And is incapable of coming clean, not even for her father's sake. I wonder if TM could be persuaded to talk about his daughter in relation to the crime now that he's in jail? Who knows?

BTW The assertion that JC hurt MFC is over the top. What man would choke a newborn nursing mother of his own child? It defies reason and logic. Makes MM look totally beyond the pale. What a piece of work she turned out to be. JMO

It may be that SM is as fixated on her only girl child as MM is on SC. If SM was diagnosed with cancer and its an unoptimistic diagnosis, TM might have done all this for his wife. Save the daughter, avoid the scandal. Protect SM from any more stress as she battles for her life.

They may have thought TM, his FBI credentials, and his rescue story would clear up the whole matter. They didn't know about the brick.

Remember that comment on the 911 call.."He's a bloody mess" something like that...it sounded to me like surprise and disgust at something he was seeing for the first time,

Ah would you pull the other one, it's got bells on. A house of over 5,000 sqft and they use the Master Bedroom to paint an ugly rough paving slab. And not only that, it is not kept on the floor, it has pride of place on the lovely furniture. With such a controlling husband which she claims, you would think it would be the last place you would be doing school projects let alone paint bricks.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...oject-question-evidence-to-jury-36026615.html

Uncle M has no idea what he is talking about! The murder happened on Aug. 2, 2015. School was not in session.

:maddening::banghead::maddening:

Listen to JC twin brother and the sister of JC first wife speaking on the RTE Radio 1 (National Broadcaster in Ireland) on the 10th August, speaking about JC, MM, TM, the children, the trial, the death of JC, etc.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_21216437_15036_10-08-2017_

Unbelievable - Molly sent Jason's family the bill for the ambulance that transported the body from the house, and then she moved the body a couple of times to prevent the family from viewing the body.

Good for Jason that he protected his children in the event that he died.

I don't know if I've ever heard of a story of a nanny who became so obsessed with the children that she did what Molly did to gain control of the children.

And ... I agree with Jason's twin brother ... Jason was sleeping when he was attacked.

In regards to the audio snippet 20/20 played to illustrate MM's abuse claims, I say this: Sometimes you become crazy when you deal with crazy. And not that I think JC sounded crazy or that it was abuse, but overall, dealing with Molly couldn't have been easy. Having a bipolar narcissistic mother, I know that sometimes I don't act like *me* when I have to deal with her bc of her issues. And of course we're all human, we all have times when we're not proud of our behavior but it's something about malignant narcissists especially that draws you into their web and makes dealing with them extremely extremely frustrating. IMO

And actually hearing the audio of JC arguing with MM made me realize that he didn't coddle her, she didn't always get her way with him, which had to absolutely infuriate her. She probably wanted control of him & she obviously didn't have it, which led to her insane hatred towards him. IMO

In regards to the audio snippet 20/20 played to illustrate MM's abuse claims, I say this: Sometimes you become crazy when you deal with crazy. And not that I think JC sounded crazy or that it was abuse, but overall, dealing with Molly couldn't have been easy. Having a bipolar narcissistic mother, I know that sometimes I don't act like *me* when I have to deal with her bc of her issues. And of course we're all human, we all have times when we're not proud of our behavior but it's something about malignant narcissists especially that draws you into their web and makes dealing with them extremely extremely frustrating. IMO

And actually hearing the audio of JC arguing with MM made me realize that he didn't coddle her, she didn't always get her way with him, which had to absolutely infuriate her. She probably wanted control of him & she obviously didn't have it, which led to her insane hatred towards him. IMO

My only take away from the audio clip was that he was trying to say something and she was rudely refusing to communicate - and deliberately recording him after seeming to push his buttons and upset him.

I want to weigh in on this but it's not necessarily my belief it will succeed, or my hope it will happen. Regarding the appeal, I think it's possible they might not just be seeking a new trial, but two new trials. Or two separate appeals for TM & MM rather than in-concert?

TM may have been dragged into it believing something to be true that really wasn't. The jury foreman said they believe TM got physically involved when JC size over MM became a factor. I thought it was odd that TM testified knowing nothing about the brick? How could that be? Seems like the foreman could be saying there was once a lifeline for TM for self defense before the coverup. IDK

MM is a deceitful diva, a malingerer feigning DV, that has caused additional problems for TM, IMO. I think she is a sick girl, and her personality issues are real, but she has been deceiving the law now for two years. And is incapable of coming clean, not even for her father's sake. I wonder if TM could be persuaded to talk about his daughter in relation to the crime now that he's in jail? Who knows?

BTW The assertion that JC hurt MFC is over the top. What man would choke a newborn nursing mother of his own child? It defies reason and logic. Makes MM look totally beyond the pale. What a piece of work she turned out to be. JMO

I'm stupid tired now and I probably didn't get half your post.. TM showed himself to be an extremely cruel man. His cruelty is palpable, in the way he insulted JC, MF, calling them and showing he considered them to be less than he.. it was part bigotry, possibly wholly bigoted.. that kind of hatred I see everyday in white supremacy groups who see others as so far less than themselves that no moral or ethical values can possibly apply in any of their dealings with them. Thats what I'm feeling from him and thats what I think he showed himself to be.. a vicious hate filled bigot. I am having problems with his FBI 'service' being used as a balancing act in regards to where he is housed in the prison.
There exists no balance in law or in nature for that flavor of hatred,

Re night of the murder, I think she had done most of the work and he obliged her by finishing JC off.

He probably congratulated her and felt proud.

No remorse and no capability of remorse either. It is simply not on the horizon.

and they just placed this poison apple in the midst of their 'special' unit?

and what will he do to the hearts and minds he encounters while incarcerated?

he will not be serving his country with that amount of hatred. And any service he has previously done should come under a very tight microscope.
Where was he radicalised?

My only take away from the audio clip was that he was trying to say something and she was rudely refusing to communicate - and deliberately recording him after seeming to push his buttons and upset him.

I agree.. that was some act she had!!
what an operator.!

That was sort of my point: He had to raise his voice and treat her like a child bc she was acting like a child & not responding to him. I'm sure this wasn't the way he wanted to converse w/his wife... and I call it becoming crazy when dealing with crazy bc you have to react in such a way that isn't necessarily a norm for you (becoming frustrated & raising your voice for instance) just to deal with someone who isn't acting *normal*
Just my observation from personal experience.

Oh dear, that wasn't in the plan or MMs fabulous life.

I wonder whether there is a video of Tm's prison 'special unit'.
I want to see that one.
His FBI history should have held him to much higher account, IMO.. not a ticket to easy street,

I'm stupid tired now and I probably didn't get half your post.. TM showed himself to be an extremely cruel man. His cruelty is palpable, in the way he insulted JC, MF, calling them and showing he considered them to be less than he.. it was part bigotry, possibly wholly bigoted.. that kind of hatred I see everyday in white supremacy groups who see others as so far less than themselves that no moral or ethical values can possibly apply in any of their dealings with them. Thats what I'm feeling from him and thats what I think he showed himself to be.. a vicious hate filled bigot. I am having problems with his FBI 'service' being used as a balancing act in regards to where he is housed in the prison.
There exists no balance in law or in nature for that flavor of hatred,

Re night of the murder, I think she had done most of the work and he obliged her by finishing JC off.

He probably congratulated her and felt proud.

No remorse and no capability of remorse either. It is simply not on the horizon.

and they just placed this poison apple in the midst of their 'special' unit?

and what will he do to the hearts and minds he encounters while incarcerated?

he will not be serving his country with that amount of hatred. And any service he has previously done should come under a very tight microscope.
Where was he radicalised?

I agree. TM has shown a propensity for both violence and dishonesty, even under oath. What someone like that could get up to with the power of the state behind them is frightening to contemplate.

It may be that SM is as fixated on her only girl child as MM is on SC. If SM was diagnosed with cancer and its an unoptimistic diagnosis, TM might have done all this for his wife. Save the daughter, avoid the scandal. Protect SM from any more stress as she battles for her life.

They may have thought TM, his FBI credentials, and his rescue story would clear up the whole matter. They didn't know about the brick.

Remember that comment on the 911 call.."He's a bloody mess" something like that...it sounded to me like surprise and disgust at something he was seeing for the first time,

If they didn't know about the brick that really puts the baseball bat in MM hands. TM had blood spatter on him so at some point he hit JC with the bat. If the brick was used prior to TM entering the room then he would have seen the blood, if it was used during the attack, then he would have seen the action.

His story not only contained holes, it contained massive craters. But they wanted to keep MM off the stand and were relying on TM statement. IMO they went with a story at the beginning because they thorough they could outwit the local law enforcement, they underestimated them. Once they created their story, they stuck with it. TM is involved, I have no doubt but if they changed their story it would be admitting that MM was seriously disturbed and that TM acted at some point in hitting JC & covering up the story. In the end, arrogance & their life long quest of hiding & denying what MM is was got them.

Yes, I had a good laugh too when I read this.
I had to listen to this twice because the first time I was distracted and couldn't stop laughing by the description of Molly as an "international model." What??????? Like she's Giselle or Kate Moss.......

Another problem with that recording is the accent. Perhaps JC's accent had changed a bit while living in the US, but that sounded more like a Dublin accent to me. Other Irish people have also picked up on this.

If it was his voice, it sounded like he was trying to talk to her. But she decided to talk over him about something irrelevant to what he was trying to bring up, just to deliberately wind him up.
Most likely so she could try and construct some evidence of dv.
We all don't like it when we're trying to talk to someone and they just keep changing the subject. It's also exasperating if you initiate a conversation and before you even get to finish your sentence, someone is just talking over you like that, like you and your words don't even matter.

We already know MM could be manipulative. This was just another one of her manipulations, wind him up to manufacture an incident of verbal abuse.

MM's brother (CM?) looked genuinely in shock and on the verge of tears. But at the same time, still under the arrogant impression that if your family member is retired FBI, that should give that family member a free pass on criminal charges. Still referring to the children as hers too.

If MM's parents had got their daughter help when she needed it, instead of relying on Keith Maginn to keep her distracted and out of the way, she would never have met JC and his children in the first place. All of that family just point blank refuse to accept any responsibility, don't they? Just keep on trying to pass the buck and if that doesn't work, smear campaign.

Can somebody who knew JC confirm if that recording is of his voice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can he be charged ? Can he be jailed for these lies when he has access to the truth?
I desperately want him to be charged.
Does anybody know the law in relation to this, please?

He can't be jailed. Maybe a civil suit.

But we know he KNOWS. That's what is so curious about his media hysteria. He is the Rumpelstiltskin of this case, jumping up and down, screaming and yelling.

He is making a bufffoon out of himself.

Does he have much choice? If his seriously ill sister is left penniless, homeless and husband-less who is going to help to pay for her medical bills?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back