GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops forgot the link to the facebook link to the Daily Mail article https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMa...495363941342/1910471829210359/?type=3&theater

With regards to the relevance of JC and SC statements, could this have something to do with why she brought them back to the house that night? If not, was this just trying to keep some semblance of control? Still confused as to how she will play this instance, if she thought she was in danger (as in calling her parents to come down) why would she make the point of bringing two minors back into danger so to speak? With the information coming out i am leaning more and more towards coaching the children on what to say. As always, all IMO

Oops forgot the link to the facebook link to the Daily Mail article https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMa...495363941342/1910471829210359/?type=3&theater

With regards to the relevance of JC and SC statements, could this have something to do with why she brought them back to the house that night? If not, was this just trying to keep some semblance of control? Still confused as to how she will play this instance, if she thought she was in danger (as in calling her parents to come down) why would she make the point of bringing two minors back into danger so to speak? With the information coming out i am leaning more and more towards coaching the children on what to say. As always, all IMO

My heart breaks for those kids, the only hope is that they are at least now getting the psychological support they need to help them through this horrific situation. I find it very interesting that the detectives in the case were aware that SM was in fact coaching the kids on what to say in their interviews, she was present on the night, yet she seems to have been left completely out of the investigation. Certainly in regards to what has become available in MSM thus far, this is the first time there has been any mention of her really or her involvement in terms of the crime. Perhaps her insistence that Jack be interviewed first could have been another sign of controlling behaviour on the part of the Martens? Something to be investigated further?

I also find the 'secret phone number' interesting. Who gave them the number? Was it Molly in fear for their safety as the defense have spun it? Or was it in fact TM & SM who gave the kids the number as they were starting to worry about MM mental stability once again?

I also find the 'secret phone number' interesting. Who gave them the number? Was it Molly in fear for their safety as the defense have spun it? Or was it in fact TM & SM who gave the kids the number as they were starting to worry about MM mental stability once again?

It is indeed interesting, it seems hiding phone numbers with children is something the Martens family are quite comfortable with. Was it not stated that both JC and SC reported to TL when they were released into her care that they had phone number hidden in their shoes?

It seems logical,in my opinion,that the statements made by the children to social services came first. IMO even the wording used by the children when interviewed by Dragonfly House appears coached;my son is close in age to SC and, at the time, if he was talking to someone he would not refer to things as 'ridiculous'. Silly, stupid, crazy maybe but ridiculous in that context seems more adult than minor. I would assume that SM wanted to JC to be interviewed first as he was the person most likely to rebel against their wishes. I cannot fathom what was going through their heads at this distressing time in their lives. As always, all IMO.

It is indeed interesting, it seems hiding phone numbers with children is something the Martens family are quite comfortable with. Was it not stated that both JC and SC reported to TL when they were released into her care that they had phone number hidden in their shoes?

It seems logical,in my opinion,that the statements made by the children to social services came first. IMO even the wording used by the children when interviewed by Dragonfly House appears coached;my son is close in age to SC and, at the time, if he was talking to someone he would not refer to things as 'ridiculous'. Silly, stupid, crazy maybe but ridiculous in that context seems more adult than minor. I would assume that SM wanted to JC to be interviewed first as he was the person most likely to rebel against their wishes. I cannot fathom what was going through their heads at this distressing time in their lives. As always, all IMO.

I thought the same when they used the term 'cuss', it's a very localised vernacular and I can't imagine the children having picked up that level of local vocabulary so quickly.

Also, I've just seen on the J4J page that Catherine Fagan has written an article for The Irish Mail on Sunday. You can only read parts of it which is frustrating! but it gives a bit more detail of what went on in court Thursday and Friday.

I thought the same when they used the term 'cuss', it's a very localised vernacular and I can't imagine the children having picked up that level of local vocabulary so quickly.

Also, I've just seen on the J4J page that Catherine Fagan has written an article for The Irish Mail on Sunday. You can only read parts of it which is frustrating! but it gives a bit more detail of what went on in court Thursday and Friday.

I saw, the J4J page has put up pictures of the article which is easier to follow. Other than the description of MMC's aversion to TL calling her by her maiden name I do not think there is much new information. I did notice it pointed out that MMC has been going by her maiden name for swim meets, college etc since the murder, but she did not like being referred to by her maiden name in court.

I am unsure why a 'battered wife' would want to keep her abusers name? I would have thought that this would be first thing she would have wanted to rid herself off (especially as she has now dropped her wedding ring).

All IMO

I saw, the J4J page has put up pictures of the article which is easier to follow. Other than the description of MMC's aversion to TL calling her by her maiden name I do not think there is much new information. I did notice it pointed out that MMC has been going by her maiden name for swim meets, college etc since the murder, but she did not like being referred to by her maiden name in court.

I am unsure why a 'battered wife' would want to keep her abusers name? I would have thought that this would be first thing she would have wanted to rid herself off (especially as she has now dropped her wedding ring).

All IMO

I was just about to make the same point regarding Molly's use of the name Corbett! Unless it has something to do with making her appear closer to the kids, ie if the jury thinks she wants to keep the same name as 'her' children will that make them believe in the relationship more.

She does seem to have been investing very much in the single 'Molly Marten' life since moving to Knoxville, perhaps, 'Molly Martens Corbett' evokes more sympathy and puts her back into the image she built of the doting wife and mother while living in Davidson County?

It will also be interesting to see what correspondence the kids had with her upon their return to Ireland. By all accounts on her FB at the time she was denied all contact with the kids so if it turns out that she did in fact have some contact it could be our first clear indicator of how willing she was to manipulate the social media masses for sympathy.

My best guess as to why MMC wants only her married name used in court is because she is Not the Nanny. I believe what the children said in their interviews around the time of the murder hold some truth because they were close to the situation and we're abused by it, as the counselor said. It's clear to me that Molly and Jason had a toxic relationship. They were "love bullies" who got their way with each other by getting angry and pushing each other's buttons. It's been said that Molly fat-shamed Jason in public and that's humiliating; the children both said in their interviews they witnessed their Dad run over Molly's foot with the car, and another time stomp on her foot in anger. Hot Buttons. Does anyone recall in Keith McGinns book (that he admits he wrote about Molly) that she had a golf ball-sized tumor on her foot that had caused her many years of pain and suffering? Hot Buttons to push? I can't understand the kids making that up even if they were coached.

People in a domestic rage say and do things to each other they otherwise wouldn't do and say if their Buttons hadn't been pushed in the first place. There is no doubt that both Jason and Molly created this situation as a family and their children were made to suffer. I feel for the children. They deserve the money.

My best guess as to why MMC wants only her married name used in court is because she is Not the Nanny. I believe what the children said in their interviews around the time of the murder hold some truth because they were close to the situation and we're abused by it, as the counselor said. It's clear to me that Molly and Jason had a toxic relationship. They were "love bullies" who got their way with each other by getting angry and pushing each other's buttons. It's been said that Molly fat-shamed Jason in public and that's humiliating; the children both said in their interviews they witnessed their Dad run over Molly's foot with the car, and another time stomp on her foot in anger. Hot Buttons. Does anyone recall in Keith McGinns book (that he admits he wrote about Molly) that she had a golf ball-sized tumor on her foot that had caused her many years of pain and suffering? Hot Buttons to push? I can't understand the kids making that up even if they were coached.

People in a domestic rage say and do things to each other they otherwise wouldn't do and say if their Buttons hadn't been pushed in the first place. There is no doubt that both Jason and Molly created this situation as a family and their children were made to suffer. I feel for the children. They deserve the money.

I think you are right about Molly not wanting to come across as just the nanny. I also agree that all was not perfect within the relationship, I think the custody hearing gave a clear insight into that when TL testified as to Molly holding Jack under the water, I think many people obviously had concerns about the situation for a long time prior to the murder.

I haven't read Keith MacGinn's book (mostly because I don't want it to cloud my judgement of Molly with regards to this case) and while I remember the statement about Jason rolling over Molly's foot in the car, I don't remember the bit about him stomping on it, don't suppose you have a link to that to save me traipsing through the MSM articles?

We are both in total agreement, the kids have suffered too much, I hope this trial brings them some closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea