NC - Johnny Marlowe for circumcising newborn sons, Kings Creek, 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MrsMush99, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MrsMush99

MrsMush99 Former Member

DALLAS, N.C. — Investigators say a man has been charged with child abuse in Caldwell County for circumcising his two infant sons with a utility knife.

Authorities said 32-year-old Johnny Eric Marlowe fathered children with his legal wife and another woman who live in their home. One gave birth to a boy at their home in the rural Kings Creek community in November 2005, and the other gave birth to a boy there four months later.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329849,00.html

I just don't know what some people are thinking.

2. Loading...

3. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

OMG, he has 2 "wives" and a total of 11 children with them. Is he Morman, what's going on here? Is he trying to birth a cult?

4. paddy01

paddy01 Former Member

Oh dear, I think you misspelled a word "Morman" I believe you meant
    "MORON"! :doh: Where were the mother's of these little babies?

5. nanandjim

nanandjim Former Member

I don't think that this guy is a Mormon, moron, yes. What on earth??!! He denied them medical care??!! This must be in the backwoods somewhere. :(

6. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

:confused: I'm confused. Did the boys develop an infection? I see it as no difference than when Moyel does it.

Circumcision is either abusive or it isn't

7. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

I know what he was thinking. He was thinking with 11 kids, he can't afford to take them to a doctor who would do the same thing with fancier equipment, perhaps exposing them to staph infections, medical malpractice and accidental hospital deaths.

Don't forget, there was a time when hospitals didn't exist and you took care of your own. If all 11 of his kids are alive and well, he probably has had some experience in this procedure and it's not as barbaric and abusive of a situation as it sounds by just a news report.

Thankfully, I have insurance.

8. White Rain

White Rain New Member

I don't know about that. I think with this many kids these woman could have easily gotten medicaid. He "denied" them prenatal care...I doubt he ever even let them see if they could get financial help.
    Exsposing them to some form of medical malpractice would have just most likely won him a huge lawsuit.
    This guy doesn't have a license to practice medicine...how do we know that he knows what he's doing? Sounds to me like those poor babies would be more at risk getting staph and/or any kind of infection from a basic utility knife than they would in a hospital.

9. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

But did they?

10. golfmom

golfmom Former Member

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servle...DR_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354498868

Marlowe is currently in the Gaston County Detention Center serving a 105-day sentence for assault on a female and child neglect, a result of guilty pleas he entered a week ago in Gaston County Court. Hartley said the sheriff’s office would serve the warrants on Marlowe closer to his release or immediately following his release. Hartley said that would give her more time to investigate and possibly file other charges.

11. White Rain

White Rain New Member

I don't think the article mentions it.
    He was charged with "multiple counts of child neglect and assualt on a female."
    This doesn't sound to me like a dad who was just trying to do the best he could for his sons because he couldn't afford medical care.

12. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ New Member

I am not saying he did this because he didn't have medical coverage. I am saying what he did is no different than what Moyles do. All he had to do was use a brand new sterilized blade. It's not rocket science.

As long as circumcision is legal than I have no problem with it. It's no different than removing a child's splinter with a needle or piercing your own child's ears or pulling out a loose tooth.

Prenatal care? Please. It's not illegal to not get prenatal care. There are mother out there delivering babies everyday addicted to illegal drugs, they're not in jail!

13. absinthe

absinthe Former Member

Maybe he's a mohel.

14. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

WHat?? Easily gotten medicaid?? IMO you do not have children if you cannot afford them.

15. philamena

philamena Former Member

I agree with paddy...he is a moron.:furious:
    What an idiot.

16. kentuckybound

kentuckybound New Member

Just because someone has many wives and children does NOT mean they are Mormon. The true mormons do not believe in polygamy.

17. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

Actually true mormons do..

18. kentuckybound

kentuckybound New Member

No, the so called mormons that you refer to are what they call
    "First Born Mormon" Totaly different than the Church of Jesus Christ
    of Ladder Day Saints (LDS church)
    I was raised in the LDS church and no, polygamy is not taught in
    the Mormon religion.

In the Mormon religion , we are taught to obey the law and the "First
    Born Mormon" do not obey the law , they have to hide out to "practice"
    their religion.If you call it that, ....a religion ha...phsttt!

19. golfmom

golfmom Former Member

That's always an interesting debate. :bang:

20. Blondieskatz

Blondieskatz Active Member

:furious:

21. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

But you have to admit that people do have children they can't afford, and in this case, that is what happened.

*skips the Mormon question* - Polygamy is illegal in this country, sorry.

And this so-called "father" was mutilating his children with a knife, and he could have killed them if they bled to death. So good luck to him in jail, and I hope he never gets out, whatever his religious persuasion. Evil is evil.

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar