GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

No 3rd sister -- I guess I'm getting tired, too -- I was thinking of Jordyn & Angel staying together...

Please pardon. My head is wobbly... :)

No worries, you just had me confused for a minute. Poor Angel will forever miss her sister. I hope she is placed in a safe and happy home and she remembers no trauma from this terrible time.

A look at child deaths in Gaston County when DHHS has had contact with the family/child. As in previous articles, they mention that there will be a Child Fatality Task Force to investigate the circumstances surrounding Jordyn's death. They also detail the findings from the CFTF which investigated the death of another Gaston County child, poor little Addison Lanham. That was one of the absolute worst, most despicable, heartbreaking cases of abuse I've ever heard about.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/2...addison-didnt-have-to-die-link-to-full-report

I find the time for completing these reports completely unacceptable. We are talking YEARS here. NO excuse for that.

I imagine it will be quite a while before Jordyn's case is taken up by the CFTF, and years before we learn anything. :(

I knew I should not have read that Gazette article -- now I just want to go and beat somebody's head in.... (and I am the biggest pacifist and wimp who ever walked). Dayam, this stuff just astounds me -- when we see these children, time after time after time after time -- and we agree that case workers for Child Services are over-loaded & on & on without end. And we hear them say that a thorough review will be done and changes will be made. Dammit. The miracles we also know as children are essentially just thrown out the windows and forgotten. And wailing and carrying-on won't bring 'em back ever, ever, ever. I guess this must be just the way the real world is....

And Heaven has way too many little angels up there. Way too many.

Oh, just let me stop. Just dammit.

Should the other child(ren) 's name(s) be redacted?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Should the other child(ren) 's name(s) be redacted?

Sorry for the inconsistency. I did redact it before. Everyone who doesn't know the sister's name has been calling Jordyn "angel" anyway which makes it confusing.
I don't know which last name she has so maybe it's okay if we didn't type the whole name? If not, a mod will be along to edit or delete the posts. I won't give her name again.
Sorry. :(

[video=twitter;773165717126610945]https://twitter.com/vanessaleontv/status/773165717126610945[/video]
eec662a9d334de43a23f879c0828b4cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an update on this case?

I, for one, feel for her and think its wrong for her baby to be in foster care (it should be with her or family.) The only person responsible for WM's actions is WM.

I do feel for her. To have one child murdered and to lose custody of your other child all in the space of a day is beyond comprehension. However, in a vast generalisation, I feel like social services don't usually over-react and remove kids unneccessarily. We hear so many stories where it's unbelievable that social services HAVEN'T removed kids despite receiving multiple reports. So I'm trusting they have good reason to have kept the baby so long.

In saying this I'm not casting aspersions on her mother at all. It could well be, for example, that her mental health is suffering and she's living in temporary accommodation with little support and so isn't in a position to care for her baby right now.

MOO

[FONT=&quot]Dumont says neither social workers nor police missed clues of abuse. There was nothing out of the ordinary going on in the home.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I don't feel like DSS failed. They didn't miss anything. There was nothing going on like everyone says," Dumont said.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/2...k-about-jordyn-and-man-accused-of-killing-her

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The order, filed in Gaston County Superior Court Thursday, bars any employee, supervisor, or director of the Gaston County Department of Social Service, the Gaston County Police Department and the State Bureau of Investigation from talking about the case.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The order requires all parties to not discuss case without approval by the court.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33050693/gag-order-issued-in-jordyn-dumont-murder-case
[/FONT]

The gag order is interesting to me. I don't believe that mom is bound by the order because she is not technically a party.

Why gag officials now when DHHS, LE, and prosecutors have already been so vocal and released so much? Isn't that a bit like trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube?

Could the gag order to protect new (or possibly, old) information regarding her remaining minor child? I could see the state wanting to give the other child some privacy.

The gag order is interesting to me. I don't believe that mom is bound by the order because she is not technically a party.

Why gag officials now when DHHS, LE, and prosecutors have already been so vocal and released so much? Isn't that a bit like trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube?

Locals there are up in arms and want DHHS to be investigated. There was another child who died in 2011--Addison Lanham:

A local Child Fatality Task Force assembled to look into Addison's death found several places where the little girl fell through the cracks in the system.

Another Child Fatality Task Force will assemble to look into Jordyn's death, said Chris Dobbins, director of Gaston County's Department of Health and Human Services.

On Monday, Rep. John Torbett said an outside agency needs to look into Jordyn's death. "I am not suggesting there was wrongdoing, but by so many red flags as reported I believe the process failed and we need fresh eyes looking at the process," Torbett said in a text message. "Those eyes should not be members of the department involved."
Read much more about Addison's case here: http://www.gastongazette.com/news/2...addison-didnt-have-to-die-link-to-full-report

IMO, the department is doing damage control and trying to keep this story out of the press.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back