NC - Julie Eberly, 47, from PA, mom of 6, fatally shot road rage I-95, Lumberton, 25 Mar 2021 arrest

stmarysmead

Reaction score
Pennsylvania mother of 6 killed during North Carolina road rage shooting: Police

The Sheriff’s Department gave this account of what happened to Eberly:

“On Thursday March 25, 2021 at approximately 11:40 a.m., officers were dispatched to a subject shot near Exit 22 on I95 north of Lumberton. Lumberton Police, Robeson County Sheriffs Deputies, North Carolina State Highway Patrol Troopers and EMS arrived to find shooting victim, Julie Eberly, 47 of Mannheim Pennsylvania. She had been shot through the passenger door. Her husband, Ryan Eberly was not injured. Immediate assistance was rendered until being transported to UNC Southeastern where she later died.”

The news release continues,

‘Thus far, the investigation has revealed a road rage encounter unknowingly developed. The victims vehicle came close to the suspect vehicle during a merge into a lane. The suspect vehicle then came along side the victim’s passenger side. The suspect rolled down his window and fired multiple shots into the passenger door, one of which struck Julie Eberly. Witnesses then say the suspect sped off and exited at Exit 22, crossing over the bridge coming into Lumberton. The victims vehicle pulled over on I95 awaiting assistance.

The suspect vehicle is described as a possible 2010 model Chevrolet Malibu or Impala, silver or grey in color with tinted windows and possibly with chrome around the window frame. The suspect is described as an African American with dreadlocks. “

In the middle of the day, this poor woman was executed because her husband made a driving error that caused no damage...but was a terrible affront to the killer that someone needed to die for.

Pennsylvania mother of 6 killed during North Carolina road rage shooting: Police

The Sheriff’s Department gave this account of what happened to Eberly:

“On Thursday March 25, 2021 at approximately 11:40 a.m., officers were dispatched to a subject shot near Exit 22 on I95 north of Lumberton. Lumberton Police, Robeson County Sheriffs Deputies, North Carolina State Highway Patrol Troopers and EMS arrived to find shooting victim, Julie Eberly, 47 of Mannheim Pennsylvania. She had been shot through the passenger door. Her husband, Ryan Eberly was not injured. Immediate assistance was rendered until being transported to UNC Southeastern where she later died.”

The news release continues,

‘Thus far, the investigation has revealed a road rage encounter unknowingly developed. The victims vehicle came close to the suspect vehicle during a merge into a lane. The suspect vehicle then came along side the victim’s passenger side. The suspect rolled down his window and fired multiple shots into the passenger door, one of which struck Julie Eberly. Witnesses then say the suspect sped off and exited at Exit 22, crossing over the bridge coming into Lumberton. The victims vehicle pulled over on I95 awaiting assistance.

The suspect vehicle is described as a possible 2010 model Chevrolet Malibu or Impala, silver or grey in color with tinted windows and possibly with chrome around the window frame. The suspect is described as an African American with dreadlocks. “

In the middle of the day, this poor woman was executed because her husband made a driving error that caused no damage...but was a terrible affront to the killer that someone needed to die for.
:eek::eek::eek:

Julie Eberly, I am so, so sorry a piece of mankind are monsters.

Half the free world has seriously lost it. In alot of parts 95 is a death trap. JMO.

This poor husband! Maybe in PA somebody would have let this be?

D*m*, even small city streets pedestrian or driver too bad for you if.a lunatic don't like you're pace or driving.

Pretty amazing actually that the husband was not hit. Especially since he was the one driving and supposedly “came close to the suspect vehicle as he merged into a lane”. You would think the suspects would have been road raging at him, the driver, not her.
Very lucky too the 6 kids were at home with Grandma.

Pretty amazing actually that the husband was not hit. Especially since he was the one driving and supposedly “came close to the suspect vehicle as he merged into a lane”. You would think the suspects would have been road raging at him, the driver, not her.
Very lucky too the 6 kids were at home with Grandma.
It’s hinky IMO too. What are the odds the kids would be at home?

JMO but I don't find this hinky at all. The fools out there with road rage just send the message they're out of control, and your car is the target.

Apparently this was an anniversary trip so I can see why the kids were with grandmom. If they were in that car the shooter still would have fired.

Personal experience a friend of mine has road rage. I don't get in a car with him anymore let alone on 95. Cussing out people, flipping the bird and me the passenger is gonna wind up shot. It's not worth it.

My heart feels for this family from Mannheim. I-95 gives me panic attacks.

I agree. I see nothing hinky about it either because I’ve had three experiences with this same sort of thing.

Once at a 4 way stop, I mistakenly thought it was my turn...but stopped quickly and waved that the other driver should proceed. He actually parked in the intersection (rural road) and pretty much blocked me...jumped out of the car, swearing, banging on my car with his fists. Terrified, I managed to go up curbs and get around him and drove to a police station, terrified that he’d follow me home.

All I did was venture about 2 feet before I stopped and smiled, waved ‘go ahead’ ...and this set him into a fury. I never believed it was about those 2 feet. My opinion was that it was HIS perception and rage either about something concerning his preconceived notions about “someone like me”...or something he thought he could glean about me from the make of my car. Looking at me and/or my car absolutely enraged him.

I think this happened here too.

Over $47K raised for family of Pennsylvania mom Julie Eberly shot and killed in road rage incident

On Monday, the Robeson County Sheriff's Office told Newsweek that homicide detectives met earlier in the day to discuss the status of the investigation, which is ongoing.

"They are out today gathering more video footage in hopes of releasing a video or picture later today of the suspect vehicle as it traveled off of I95 at Exit 22 in Lumberton," authorities said.

The Robeson County Sheriff's Office said it anticipated that additional information might be released later Monday afternoon.

Anyone with information about the shooting has been encouraged to call the Robeson County Sheriff's Office at 910-671-3170 or email sheriff@robesoncoso.org.

Not seeing anything “hinky” about the father/driver not getting hit or the kids at home. The shooter was probably just firing indiscriminately at front of car - that’s the “rage” in “road rage”. Kids at home? Sounds like it was a planned child-free trip. Not seeing anything to suggest this was some kind of a set-up targeting one person only. JMO.

Is there any way LE can search a database for people in Lumberton who own that type of car? maybe DMV records?

I’m sure they will track records of people who have a car like that. They have the particular year model figure out it sounds like. They will likely get tips too, like with the nurse in Nashville who was murdered just like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13