Found Safe NC - Justin Idiarte, 4, Charlotte, 30 Nov 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Justin Idiarte, 4, disappeared from his apartment just before 1 a.m. Thursday.

He was last seen around midnight at his apartment off Montcrest Drive, not far from Archdale Drive and Interstate 77. The child was in the apartment with his mother, two other younger children, and two teenagers or young adults.

The mother told police she thought she heard Justin get up to go to the bathroom. She dozed off and when she woke, realized her son was no longer in the apartment.

Justin does not speak English but does recognize his name when he hears it.

The biggest challenge police are facing is a language barrier with the family, and that Spanish-speaking detectives were called to help with interviews. The family was cooperating. The boy's father was not at the apartment but saw the media coverage and came to the scene.

CHARLOTTE MISSING BOY: Police desperately search for 4-year-old reported missing in south Charlotte

DtPswC9XgAA7dbP

Last edited:
Officers received the 911 call from family at 12:50 a.m. Friday, November 30.

Justin is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 3 feet tall, 40 lbs, with short black hair and was last seen wearing a gray Nike short-sleeve shirt with a black Nike swoosh, green and brown camo shorts, a green ninja turtle jacket, and brown and tan shoes with white laces.

MISSING: Police desperately search for 4-year-old boy in south Charlotte

boy-DMID1-5gz3lpxr2-480x360.jpg

CMPD used a bloodhound to try to track Justin but was not successful.

Police also deployed their helicopter over the neighborhood helping in the search. The aircraft has a heat-sensing device, and firefighters were using handheld devices to check all the bodies of water in and around the complex.

Charlotte authorities desperately searching for missing 4-year-old boy

So a four year old was last seen with a short sleeve shirt, camo pants AND a jacket and shoes? So did he fall asleep with these clothes on? Was it cold in the home and they slept in jackets to stay warm or did mom notice that his jacket and shoes were missing? I wonder if he dressed himself and left the home looking for his dad. I hope they find him safe but unfortunately things that start out like this don't usually end well.

I agree.... The 1am timeframe but clothing description being an actual outfit (to include a jacket and shoes?!) vs. pajamas, what you would expect a 4 year old to be wearing at 1am seems extremely odd.
He seems very well dressed in the photo that is circulating; nice buttoned shirt (which looks like it might be Polo or RL brand by the logo on the pocket) a nice pair of jeans and a belt, so it's hard to imagine this being a situation where pajamas or night time "comfy clothing" for sleeping wasn't available or could not be afforded. Were they out late despite being a weekday? Is the timeline reported inaccurate?
Maybe a previous poster's idea is correct, that they all slept in regular clothing due to lack of proper heating or drafty rooms or something?
What were the temps last night?

His face is just so adorable! Unfortunately I have a bad feeling about this.

Excellent!!! Not the way I was expecting this to end, thankfully! So glad this little guy is safe!!!

From the article:
According to CMPD, the boy said he went to the apartment overnight and told the resident who lives there that his parents weren't home.

Is he a regular visitor to that neighbor? Why would you not call the police when a preschooler shows up at your place at 1am? Was mom really not home.....? Are neighbor and mom friends?

Excellent!!! Not the way I was expecting this to end, thankfully! So glad this little guy is safe!!!

From the article:

Is he a regular visitor to that neighbor? Why would you not call the police when a preschooler shows up at your place at 1am? Was mom really not home.....? Are neighbor and mom friends?
Thank Goodness for a safe neighbor.

So a four year old was last seen with a short sleeve shirt, camo pants AND a jacket and shoes? So did he fall asleep with these clothes on? Was it cold in the home and they slept in jackets to stay warm or did mom notice that his jacket and shoes were missing? I wonder if he dressed himself and left the home looking for his dad. I hope they find him safe but unfortunately things that start out like this don't usually end well.

[Deleted by me!]

I wonder if mom really was at home sleeping. Maybe she got home at midnight and then realized he wasn't in bed. Although my daughter, and she was older than four, used to call my mom and tell her that I was sleeping and she couldn't wake me up. Only because she wanted to stay at her grandma's house instead of home.
I'm just glad he was found safe. Whew!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back