NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the guilt DH feels either for not being there, not locking the door, for not checking on KT earlier, or why KT and/or not DH.

More prayers to the family.

I worked with him for about 6 weeks but nothing really stood out about him. He was really into his music and from what I could tell music was what he really wanted to do but it didn't pay the bills. I know he had a girlfriend that was going to school in Asheville ( I think ) and he would travel back and forth to see her every couple of weekends. I talked to him about his family and I really just got the vibe that he was going down a road that I had already been down. I've been to rehab and I've been sober for 10 years but I know the signs and have had all the conversations. It seemed like in talking to him that his parents were kind of disappointed in his choices and were wondering when he was going to get it together. He bummed 5$ off of me once and off of some other guys a couple of times. He did use it for gas but that was always a red flag to me that someone was struggling with substance abuse.

My overall impression of him was that he was a nice guy but he liked to party. He was also going to school at Devry or ECPI. Really didn't think he'd do something like this. I'm in shock!!

So this is him?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-williford/1b/509/291

Jason Williford’s Education

ITT Technical Institute
2008 — 2010

College of Electronics Technology
A.S. degree , Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology

================================================

So he just got his A.S. degree and could have made his life better.
Instead, he destroyed the lives of many.

http://itt-tech.edu/campus/courses.cfm?prog_id=2760

Yes that's him.

I worked with him for about 6 weeks but nothing really stood out about him. He was really into his music and from what I could tell music was what he really wanted to do but it didn't pay the bills. I know he had a girlfriend that was going to school in Asheville ( I think ) and he would travel back and forth to see her every couple of weekends. I talked to him about his family and I really just got the vibe that he was going down a road that I had already been down. I've been to rehab and I've been sober for 10 years but I know the signs and have had all the conversations. It seemed like in talking to him that his parents were kind of disappointed in his choices and were wondering when he was going to get it together. He bummed 5$ off of me once and off of some other guys a couple of times. He did use it for gas but that was always a red flag to me that someone was struggling with substance abuse.

My overall impression of him was that he was a nice guy but he liked to party. He was also going to school at Devry or ECPI. Really didn't think he'd do something like this. I'm in shock!!

did he have brothers/ sisters? did he have anyone other than the girlfriend that he was close to at work??

How incredibly sad.
I have to wonder if his parents had a gut feeling it could have been him, knowing he was around the corner and the cops were checking DNA from neighbors?
W/ his past rap sheet, they knew he was no angle.

How incredibly sad.
I have to wonder if his parents had a gut feeling it could have been him, knowing he was around the corner and the cops were checking DNA from neighbors?
W/ his past rap sheet, they knew he was no angle.

JTF one of your posts said that he didn't cooperate but they got the DNA other ways. wonder if he was one who turned down the DNA gathering by the LE?? Wow wonder if his family even had a teeny tiny suspicion???

No I'm not a friend on facebook. I only worked with him about 6 weeks but I talked to him more than anybody else we worked with. I think he mentioned a younger sister.

JTF one of your posts said that he didn't cooperate but they got the DNA other ways. wonder if he was one who turned down the DNA gathering by the LE?? Wow wonder if his family even had a teeny tiny suspicion???

The chief made a big deal saying he never cooperated.
(dodged if he was asked for vol DNA and refused)
He then said DNA played a big role in the arrest.
I just assumed they obtained a sample w/o his knowledge.
His recycle bin, perhaps?

No I'm not a friend on facebook. I only worked with him about 6 weeks but I talked to him more than anybody else we worked with. I think he mentioned a younger sister.

He does have a sister, Mary...she is 31.
The press talked to her last night and she declined to be interviewed.
She said they don't know what to do at this point...or something like that.

So Judging by JW's Linked in profile....we could begin to profile him by saying he was fairly intelligent & beginning on working towards a skill. He was a bit enterprising too.... beginning the band & perhaps a touch of the non-conformist (doing some of the songs they did) I wonder if he felt Poor or if his family helped him w his education at all. I guess the big Q in all of this was - if he was a meth user. all the profiling in the world can just go right out the window if someone is even touching that stuff.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed. The Chief said he was charged with murder and rape. Was he charged with Breaking and Entering? If not, why not?

So Judging by JW's Linked in profile....we could begin to profile him by saying he was fairly intelligent & beginning on working towards a skill. He was a bit enterprising too.... beginning the band & perhaps a touch of the non-conformist (doing some of the songs they did) I wonder if he felt Poor or if his family helped him w his education at all. I guess the big Q in all of this was - if he was a meth user. all the profiling in the world can just go right out the window if someone is even touching that stuff.

Does meth make you do 'crazy, uncharacteristic ' things?
B&E is one thing, the rape/murder is what is so bizarre.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed. The Chief said he was charged with murder and rape. Was he charged with Breaking and Entering? If not, why not?

Laces...not reported.
I can't find the arrest warrant on-line yet.

Laces...not reported.
I can't find the arrest warrant on-line yet.

That seems odd to me. Even if the door was open, and he walked in, he still should have been charged with B & E...and I am also wondering about burglary charges. So he was enjoying himself at Jordan Lake. I am very sorry for his family. It doesn't really matter what happens to you, it is how you react that matters.

Googled some rapist profiles...wonder if he was generally impulsive?

Anger-retaliatory rapist: He feels animosity towards women and wants to punish and degrade them. Often he is a substance abuser. He is impulsive and has an explosive temper. He looks for an opportunity to commit the rape rather than for a specific victim. He attacks spontaneously and brutalizes the woman into submission. Thirty percent of rapists fall into the anger-retaliation category.He will often beat you to near-unconsciousness before committing the rape. Any level of resistance may well enrage him and cause him to beat the hell out of you until he gets what he wants. He's not looking to kill you, but the beating could be fatal.

http://www.paralumun.com/issuesprofile.htm

Wonder if he was camping out at the lake to avoid staying at his apt.

Also, in the PR they said that JW was NOT a suspect in any other case. REally? He didn't break into the house on Wayland and the house on Cartier in which they recovered Mr. Andrews stolen items at the pawn shop? Was that just coincidental? That would mean that he wasn't breaking into houses and stealing to get drug money. That would mean that he just went into JG's house to rape/murder. Yikes. That's scary.

Wonder if he was camping out at the lake to avoid staying at his apt.

Also, in the PR they said that JW was NOT a suspect in any other case. REally? He didn't break into the house on Wayland and the house on Cartier in which they recovered Mr. Andrews stolen items at the pawn shop? Was that just coincidental? That would mean that he wasn't breaking into houses and stealing to get drug money. That would mean that he just went into JG's house to rape/murder. Yikes. That's scary.

Scary is right...their neighbor is behind bars for the unthinkable, but the rash of B&E there is still a big concern.

Now that police have a suspect in custody, Fuqua hopes the arrest will quiet the rumors about her family’s involvement.
“I personally hate that, I feel like my aunts name was dragged through the mud a bit and there was a lot of speculation about her.” says Fuqua.

Williford is scheduled to appear in court on Monday. Taft and Fuqua say they’ll be there.
Fuqua says, “I just feel like I have to see him. I have to see his face.

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...ed_following_arrest_of_murder_suspect/132162/

Does meth make you do 'crazy, uncharacteristic ' things?
B&E is one thing, the rape/murder is what is so bizarre.

JTF yes it does. I researched Meth for a long time, because of the business my husband was in, he would see people on meth but didn't realize it at the time & was perplexed by them. So I began researching it for about a year. I was really stunned at the drug & its power to wreck lives, families, & allow people to perpetrate crimes without conscience. I was going to begin a Meth awareness program, but about 6 months into thinking about it, the country was ahead of me & had began one, so I was pretty relieved. anyway, IMO it is one of the drugs that if it was used, could make the crime more understandable to me. also think crack & meth IMO point to the baggies. point to the rape, point to being awake late at night & perpetrating a crime, & finally point to perpetrating a crime out of the ordinary of the individual -a "crazy" nonsensical crime. you should read about it on google, it is a pretty amazing drug, created w all the items you would normally have under your kitchen sink. I am not saying this is what he was on, I am saying it is a possibility, & in my mind would clear up so many of my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragneel69