NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And although there is no picture located on the NC DOC Offender site, there is a Jason Williford, white male, 30 y.o., with 2 misdemeanor B&E convictions from 1997 & 2001, both in Wake County.

Jason Williford, 30, of 2812 Wayland Drive

So it was a neighbor as the cops suspected

113976-130391_willifordjason_copy-400x300.jpg

DG164121.JPG

30 years old. A neighbor, for Pete's sake! I hope the mystery is solved, and they got the real perp.

I just want to know WHY.

Look in Veromi.net and type in Jason Williford and you will see someone 31 yrs old as a relative, which is possibly his wife, had 9 unique addresses in Greenville, NC? What a conincedence?

They don't seem to be saying much except for the name, address and age. What site can we search for sex offenders, wonder if he's on a list. Prints must have matched up if he's an ex-con.

I've never posted, but have followed this case very closely. Here is WRAL's news on this exciting announcement!
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7434511/

Authorities arrested a Raleigh man Friday evening in the death of State Board of Education member Kathy Taft.

Jason Williford, 30, of 2812 Wayland Drive, was being held at a Raleigh police substation on Atlantic Avenue.

"We are unbelievably relieved," Taft's ex-husband, Tom Taft, told WRAL News following the arrest.

Taft, 62, died March 9 at WakeMed, three days after she was assaulted in the home of a friend and suffered a severe head injury. Search warrants released last Friday also state that she was sexually assaulted.

Taft, of Greenville, had undergone neck surgery in Raleigh on March 5 and was recovering at the home of friend John Geil, at 2710 Cartier Drive. Geil was in Florida at the time.

Taft’s sister Dina Arnold Holton, of Oriental, called 911 on the morning of March 6 to report that Taft was unresponsive and that she thought it was a complication from her surgery.

She told the dispatcher that she couldn't get Taft out of bed and that there was "blood everywhere."

"I heard footsteps, and I know somebody was in that house," Holton said Tuesday. "I didn't know that house. I'd never stayed in that house before. Then, I found her, and that's when I called 911."

Police were called after Taft had been taken to WakeMed, when her surgeon examined her and realized she had been assaulted. A medical exam at the hospital also turned up evidence of a sexual assault.

Police have said that the attack occurred "some hours before" investigators were called, but the time of the crime hasn't been narrowed down from late March 5 to early March 6.

Web Editor: Kathy Hanrahan
Copyright 2010 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

JASON KEITH WILLIFORD
Offender ID: 0599876
Probation/Parole/Post Release Status: INACTIVE
Race: WHITE

WILLIFORD JASON KEITH

Sentence Number: 02-001 Commitment Type: PROBATION/PAROLE
Conviction Date: 03/14/2001 County Of Conviction: WAKE
Punishment Type: ACTIVE SS

INITIAL 01006961 MISD B&E (UNKNOWN) 01/20/2001 FELON CLASS H

PTL! Drinks at GG to celebrate. Finally, we get to see when it goes to trial what really happened and how good sleuths we are!!

On WRAL now....Sgt Matthews called Tom Taft and almost cried he was so excited they made an arrest and have the killer in custody.

Sorry, trace taping. Guess I didn't read over the trace taping posts that well. Probably had nothing to do with electrical.

What a relief, the community can finally relax. And I know the family and friends are grateful that he's caught. SO glad this case was solved! Lots of questions still remain as to how and why, though, but it will all come out in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502