NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he put the officer's name out and make him a target before the official investigation had even commenced?

The official investigation happened after the shooting yesterday. The PC was at 9:30am this morning.

I believe North Carolina is an open carry state and as far as we know if he was carrying a gun he had every legal right to do so.

He may have had a right to carry, but not a right to ignore police commands.
I don't understand why it is so hard for some to follow orders. If you have a gun in your hand and a cop tells you to drop it, I would suggest you drop it.
If you have a shovel, if LE tells you to drop it, you drop it.
If you have a beer bottle, if LE tells you to drop it, you drop it.

Fact is, a lot of people think they are above authority. That's the problem.

I don't get it. I have seen vids of white guys with big weapons refusing to do as LE says . They argue with LE. What happens? Nothing.

Anyone can fin the vids on youtube. Why can't the dead guy have a gun?

I don't get it. I have seen vids of white guys with big weapons refusing to do as LE says . They argue with LE. What happens? Nothing.

You have seen videos of white guys refusing to drop weapons and nothing happens to them? What, the cops just say "ok" and walk away?
Do you have links?

I believe North Carolina is an open carry state and as far as we know if he was carrying a gun he had every legal right to do so.

If it turns out that he did exit the vehicle with a firearm I don't think he acted wisely especially if he was carrying a legally obtained firearm. No legal gun owner has the right to ever brandish their weapon when approached by police officers. Gun ownership brings about great responsibility. When LE saw his weapon it changed everything.

If he had nothing to hide why would he feel it necessary to pull his weapon in the first place? If he was doing nothing illegal at the time and could prove he purchased his weapon legally this should have been a typical stop and once confirming that he would have been on his way. Police officers interact millions of times with citizens every year and most are insignificant without incident because most fully comply and act reasonable minded.

I cant understand why any level headed legal firearm owner would pull his/her weapon in this manner especially when they are very aware that our officers also carry legal firearms for protection and also have a constitutional right to protect themselves.

It is common knowledge for legal gun owners that even carrying a weapon in a vehicle when stopped by police one must be extremely mindful/careful and follow the rules by always keeping their hands on the wheel in plain sight at all times while verbally only telling the officer the location of the weapon. This man was of the age to certainly know that simple rule. Even though he was only charged with a misdemeanor that doesn't ever mean he couldn't be dangerous even if he owned his weapon legally.

I don't see the Police Chief lying about what happened. Just because someone has a legal firearm they cant confront our police officers with it. Even legal firearm owners cant use their weapon against anyone in a menacing intimidating manner. It will be interesting to see where he did get this weapon.

You have seen videos of white guys refusing to drop weapons and nothing happens to them? What, the cops just say "ok" and walk away?
Do you have links?

This is the current list for this year of all who have been shot and killed by a cop .http://killedbypolice.net/

It shows hundreds of white criminals do not walk away when they confront police officers or refuse to comply. Several hundred every year go to the morgue.

I personally think he named the officer hoping the fact that he's Black and has a good reputation would help stem the racially divisive anger. It didn't, though.

I'm in Baton Rouge and totally understand. When cops become hunted because their job is to protect us, there is something seriously wrong with our country.

When we have to fear for our lives because LEOs would rather shoot us than protect us there is something seriously wrong with our country.

I wonder if they'll release the looter's names as quickly as they released the cop's name?:thinking:

Do you have links?

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liber...ns-police-officers-and-managed-not-get-killed

http://madamenoire.com/458516/10-armed-white-men-die-police/

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/armed-white-people-survive-cops/

[video=youtube;daVhasi95c4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVhasi95c4[/video]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/william-bruce-ray-arrested_us_577efceae4b0344d514eb09e <-- North Carolina

Has there been a definitive statement as to whether the cop was in plain clothes or not? I've read "plain clothes but he was wearing a vest", whatever that might mean.

Obviously you didn't read my post.
The person I was responded to said
"What happens? Nothing."

I asked if there was video of NOTHING happening. Did the cops just say, "ok" and walk away.

I don't get it, If you are legal to carry a weapon, what right does LE have to say anything if you are not commiting a crime. This man was not the suspect they were looking for. He is not entitled to walk around with his gun minding his own business?

Here is the conversation for your reference...

Do you have links?

Well, what's the law? Do they have open carry, or concealed carry? Is it legal to walk around with your gun in your hand or do you need it holstered until you are preparing to use it - in which case, it does seem a cop could tell a person to drop their weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500