GUILTY NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #2

The gun cops claim was found on Keith Scott had been reported stolen before the 43-year-old black man was shot and killed by a North Carolina officer, sources say.

An unidentified burglar allegedly stole the gun during a residential break-in at some point before the fatal Sept. 20 shooting, police sources told WBTV Monday. The same sources said the burglar admitted selling the gun to Scott.

Cops haven't revealed any further information about the male burglar.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...dio-officer-violated-policy-article-1.2807457

It's unfortunate that they decided to include his prison time and the other extraneous details in the article about his funeral. This man was not his record, nor his accident, nor his drug problem. They should have had a whole other article for that stuff, IMO.

Sounds like your everyday . Still changes nothing. The question is.. Was he an immediate threat in the moment he was shot and killed?
IMO yes he was a threat at the time he was shot. Just a few more backwards steps and he was in the clear to run with a loaded gun. It was law enforcements job to protect the community that day and they did thier job. Possibly saving the lives of anyone in the way of his escape.

It's unfortunate that they decided to include his prison time and the other extraneous details in the article about his funeral. This man was not his record, nor his accident, nor his drug problem. They should have had a whole other article for that stuff, IMO.

Why is it extraneous? The man was an ex-con who behaved in violent ways and acted out in erratic fashion. How can anyone say it is not relevant to what happened the day he died?

If the wife of the cop that shot him came forward, and said her husband was violent, acted erratically, and punched his 8 yr old son and stabbed her, would that be irrelevant info here?

Sounds like your everyday . Still changes nothing. The question is.. Was he an immediate threat in the moment he was shot and killed?

he was when he shot an unarmed man 10 times. so...

The more that comes out I do not see the family winning any civil suites.

he was when he shot an unarmed man 10 times. so...

And when he stabbed his wife multiple times.
And when he punched his child in the head with his fist multiple times.

Both of those acts could have caused death.

Why is it extraneous? The man was an ex-con who behaved in violent ways and acted out in erratic fashion. How can anyone say it is not relevant to what happened the day he died?

Because the article* is about his funeral. It's in poor taste.

*Edit to correct.

Because the post is about his funeral. It's in poor taste.

What post was about his funeral?

Is it poor taste to call the officer that shot him a cold blooded murderer? I am defending his honor because he is being attacked by people unfairly, in my opinion.

What post was about his funeral?

Is it poor taste to call the officer that shot him a cold blooded murderer? I am defending his honor because he is being attacked by people unfairly, in my opinion.

The article linked above was about his funeral services and included his prison time and motorcycle accident.

I didn't call the officer anything, so I'm confused why that's being directed at me.

The more that comes out I do not see the family winning any civil suites.
Maybe they can sue the original owner for not securing the gun well enough? [emoji6]

Seriously though, it's the knee jerk reactions in situations like this that cause the most problems. Tragic situation, but his own actions ultimately cost him his life here. Definitely not a cause worthy of destroying Charlotte...

The article I linked is not an obituary. It is simply an announcement by the family as to what their preliminary plans are for his burial. It's not even an announcement of calling hours or anything. The article is a "round up" of several issues related to this case-- KS's preliminary funeral plans are only one part of that. This is pretty common in journalism-- even when the deceased is not a felon. They post an update on several details in the case.

If the family had wanted his plans to be kept completely quiet and out of the media, I think they could have done that. All they had to say was they wanted their privacy as they planned his funeral.

I don't think the article is at all disrespectful.

For example, it appears to me from the language chosen that KS probably did not graduate high school, but the journalist was respectful enough to say he "attended XYZ" high school, without any further commentary. JMO.

The article I linked is not an obituary. It is simply an announcement by the family as to what their preliminary plans are for his burial. It's not even an announcement of calling hours or anything. The article is a "round up" of several issues related to this case-- KS's preliminary funeral plans are only one part of that. This is pretty common in journalism-- even when the deceased is not a felon. They post an update on several details in the case.

If the family had wanted his plans to be kept completely quiet and out of the media, I think they could have done that. All they had to say was they wanted their privacy as they planned his funeral.

I don't think the article is at all disrespectful.

I really don't care what it is, if it's about his funeral, keep it separate. He may have been a violent offender but he's dead and the thing that separates us from animals is how we treat our dead. JMO. I'm not sure why someone saying it's unfortunate they included all that in an article about his funeral is such a problem. Ha

The article linked above was about his funeral services and included his prison time and motorcycle accident.

I didn't call the officer anything, so I'm confused why that's being directed at me.

I was not directing that at you. Sorry if you felt I was.

I was talking about the public's perception and narrative and the 'narrative' driving the daily/nightly protests throughout the city. They are calling for the prosecution of the officer for murder, the immediate firing of the police chief and the mayor, and they get their version of the 'facts' spun in the media on the daily.

And the above perception is built upon the original FALSE story of him being a doting Father sitting at the bus stop, reading the Quran, while waiting to pick up his child. That is wholly false and now we see the real story behind the tragic incident. I see no reason to do another article about him and exclude the factual back story.

Interesting info:

60% of the
2-3 million restraining orders issued annually are unnecessary or false. This translates into 1.2-1.8 million persons who are wrongfully accused

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS702US702&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20many%20restraining%20orders%20issued

I really don't care what it is, if it's about his funeral, keep it separate. He may have been a violent offender but he's dead and the thing that separates us from animals is how we treat our dead. JMO. I'm not sure why someone saying it's unfortunate they included all that in an article about his funeral is such a problem. Ha

And I say what really separates us from animals is how we treat our children. Human fathers should not threaten their young sons with death.

And the reason I think it would be unfortunate to separate the FACTS from the funeral information article is because of the way the FALSE narrative is being pushed that he was an innocent doting father that was unarmed and killed in cold blood. That LIE needs to be corrected.

People are trying to make this man a HERO and an icon and martyr. I do not want that to happen because he is not someone that young children in the inner city should be looking up to.

Yes. I believe he was.

His own wife said less than a year ago that she believed he was a threat to LEOs.

I think she was correct.

That's why she screamed "Don't do it KEITH" right before he was shot. She saw him being a threat at that moment and knew what he was capable of.

JMO

Interesting info:

60% of the
2-3 million restraining orders issued annually are unnecessary or false. This translates into 1.2-1.8 million persons who are wrongfully accused

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS702US702&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20many%20restraining%20orders%20issued

He went to jail for shooting someone. And he had two domestic violence incidents. The injuries on his wife were REAL . It was not a false report.

While it may be true that many restraining orders are false, it is also true that a great many REAL RO's are reversed out of fear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back