GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

Fran -
I am also speechless - what is going on in my state?!? Meanwhile the media outlets briefly mention and move on -

I am wondering the same thing. My mother was born there. I have family there, so I have a special fondness for NC. (I live on the west coast).
Good Lord, the crime there is horrendous now. The case with the other woman whose car was found abandoned by a lake. Wasn't she drown?:mad:

The couple were said to be having marital problems.

Sure have been hearing that alot recently.......remind you of any other NC women being found dead? It appears to be a trend - just wondering if maybe "some" people are getting ideas based on current events on an "easier" way out of their marital problems....IMO (of course)

I watched the video, and I think I'm confused. I read an article on WRAL that said he was at work at the time of the fire, but then the neighbor said he came over and got his dog when it was on fire?

I thought the same thing.

I'd like to rule out the husband if possible. Seems that alot of these cases involve marital issues.

I am wondering the same thing. My mother was born there. I have family there, so I have a special fondness for NC. (I live on the west coast).
Good Lord, the crime there is horrendous now. The case with the other woman whose car was found abandoned by a lake. Wasn't she drown?:mad:

Irina "Ira" Yarmolenko, a UNC-Charlotte student, age 20, was found asphyxiated, lying next to her car on the bank of the Catawba River. Her case remains unsolved.

JMHO
fran

FWIW, it seems the wife worked at an insurance company, I believe, and the husband was a two truck driver.

Sooooo.........he was at work yet he was at the neighbors to retrieve the dog while the fire was still burning.:waitasec:

Hmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

PS....also FWIW, this incident happened less than an hour from where Nancy Cooper was found murdered in Cary, NC.....fran

Thanks Fran, with so much I couldn't put my finger on the name of Ira but I remember this case.

I hope some more light will be shed on Kelly, so we can start connecting the dots.

Too many young women are losing their lives here. I hope NG picks this story up.

So according to the husband in that article - he WAS at work and the kids were in school when the house caught on fire.....

Aside from Nancy Cooper, I can't think of any current cases in NC that are similar to this one. Ira Yarmalenko was murdered by a stranger or acquaintance, as far as the media is reporting, and Eve Malone was also murdered by strangers. There was a missing mom in Lenoir but she was recovered alive a few weeks ago after driving her truck into a ravine, and there are a few missing unmarried women near Charlotte. It's awful that these things are happening, but I don't think they're necessarily connected or based on a trend.

I live in NC (but not near Raleigh) and haven't heard a single word about this outside of Websleuths - that's pretty discouraging.

I just read the most recent update on this here:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3509681/

And I am just wondering why her family last saw her Wednesday night. :waitasec: If she worked for an insurance company then she was working during the day (when the house caught fire and she went missing) and her husband claims to have been working too. Why did no one see her that Thursday morning that she went missing? Something is not right with this... It has been 5 days now!!!

Aside from Nancy Cooper, I can't think of any current cases in NC that are similar to this one. Ira Yarmalenko was murdered by a stranger or acquaintance, as far as the media is reporting, and Eve Malone was also murdered by strangers. There was a missing mom in Lenoir but she was recovered alive a few weeks ago after driving her truck into a ravine, and there are a few missing unmarried women near Charlotte. It's awful that these things are happening, but I don't think they're necessarily connected or based on a trend.

I live in NC (but not near Raleigh) and haven't heard a single word about this outside of Websleuths - that's pretty discouraging.

3 women is enough to be concerned about in such a short amount of time.
When the cases remain unsolved and another murder comes up, it is alarming.

I live in a large community and this kind of thing hardly ever happens.
More TV News channels need to pay attention. If Greta wasn't on the Campaign issues, she would probably cover.

Ok, I want to know why it was 'Wednesday' when the family last saw Kelly? This didn't happen until Thursday morning. Was this information from the husband AND, OR the kids?

IF the family didn't see her since the night BEFORE the incident, then that means there were hours she was missing before LE knew anything about it.

I also saw that the husband worked for a 'towing' company. IMO, that would mean even IF he was at work, he MAY have been out and about in a 'tow truck.'

One person from the town (the woman from the local market) said there was a 'problem' in the marriage, or some sort of thing. FWIW

I don't like this picture. :(

JMHO
fran

Found this comment on the WRAL site - undercomments -

I live a few houses down from Scott and Kelly. They are a nice couple. Our son is in the same Kindergarden class with their daughter and went to the same preschool which is the one right across the street from their house. They seem like a loving couple and there's so many different stories from people coming in left and right. I've heard alot of bad things but to be honest I don't think Scott had anything to do with this and for all the locals saying that this couple had "marital problems"...well, that's 99% of most married couples. Alot of people are unsure of what scott does for a living. He OWNS Scott's Towing company. This is just a very strange case all together. I really hope they find Kelly alive. She is a very sweet girl and a great mom to those kids. Scott's also a great dad and I would just hate to think they have lost a wife and mother. My prayers are with this family.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3509681/

Found this one too - interesting if true!! SAME LINK for both

FIRST OF ALL THE WHOLE STORY HAS NOT BEEN PUT OUT THERE FOR THE PUBLIC, DON'T JUST ASSUME THE WORST, AND DON'T FIND SOMEONE GUILTY OF SOMETHING IF THERE IS NOTHING TO FIND THEM GUILTY OF !

Kelly and her family are close friends to my family, I pray for her safe return and hope she will be found ok, her husband is working with the authorities in every way he can, im sure he would like to stay with his two daughters at this time, I can only pray she will be returned home soon and safe.

COME HOME KELLY !

Thanks for the link Topsail Girl!

Hopefully Kelly is gone because she wants to be........Time will tell.

JMHO
fran

Thanks for the link Topsail Girl!

Hopefully Kelly is gone because she wants to be........Time will tell.

JMHO
fran

I hope you're right Fran! I read somewhere - most likely WRAL that her family said she would not leave her daughters.

I hope you're right Fran! I read somewhere - most likely WRAL that her family said she would not leave her daughters.

I personally don't think she's voluntarily missing, but that's just me. :(

Another poster on that same site said they heard the couple was in the process of 'separating.'

As far as the husband 'cooperating,' we hear that a lot at first. Then we hear they 'stopped cooperating' soon after the search began.

Curious that the family is stating they haven't seen her since Wednesday. Why would that be?

Possible scenario:

Something 'bad' happend on Wednesday night 'in the home.'

HOURS TO STAGE.....

Husband takes care of the kids on Thursday morning, starts a 'slow' accelerant, takes kids to school, goes to work, house reported on fire, husband called, he returns home and runs to the neighbors for the family dog, says he's been trying to contact Kelly.

Why burn the house? To HIDE EVIDENCE OF A CRIME!

Just an idea,
fran

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-10-0014.html
Granville Co. Sheriff Comments On Missing Woman Case
Wednesday, Sep 10, 2008 - 01:49 PM

OXFORD, N.C. -- Granville County Sheriff David Smith says his agency, the State Bureau of Investigation, and a host of other volunteers and agencies have significantly expanded the search area for Kelly Currin Morris.

Morris, 28, was last seen at her home last Wednesday. On Thursday, September 4, firefighters were called out to the burning house Morris shares with her husband and two children. A few hours later her abandoned car was found.

Smith says as of Wednesday morning, the search area has been expanded to a 5 to 10 mile radius of where she was last seen. Smith says the search party is also retracing their steps, and checking the area for evidence they may have missed.
.........................snip.......................

Despite a slew of rumors, the Sheriff described Morris as an outgoing young adult. He said she recently began working at a Nationwide Insurance office in Raleigh. She also held on to a part time position at her prior employer – Morning Glory Apartments in Butner, N.C.

When asked about possible foul play in the investigation, Smith said “that would be in the back of our mind.”

He expects the family to issue a statement concerning their loved one’s disappearance by the end of the day. Smith says Morris' 6-year-old child is staying with her husband. The other child is with Morris’ father.

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>

Ok, there's something wrong with this picture.

She was last seen on Wednesday. The fire in the home occurred on Thursday and shortly thereafter her car was located abandoned, with her purse and cell phone etc.

During the fire, the husband went to the neighbors to retrieve the dog. Now I see this. (bolding is mine) :waitasec:

So,.............whatcha' think?:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/search.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-09-0022.html

..........snip...........................

Carnell went to middle and high school with Morris and said she also doesn't think her friend would leave town.

"It's not something Kelly would do,” Carnell said. "She's just too family oriented. She loves her friends too much; she loves her family too much."

As volunteers searched, the nearby woods and roads didn’t give any answers. According to a family member, Morris’ husband Scott said his wife went looking for the family dog and never came back. Crews searched on horseback and on foot along the one-mile stretch between the charred Morris home and the undeveloped neighborhood where Kelly Morris’ car was found abandoned with the keys still in the ignition.

Most of the volunteers are from the Stem area, but Al Magnacci, who doesn't know Morris, came from Raleigh to help.

"It's just, something you feel you gotta do," he said.
.....................snip...................

<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So the husband is cooperating? Hope he's more cooperative with LE than he is the local media.:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/search.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-08-0021.html

There was heavy smoke and flames,” said Chief Cole. “It was already venting itself and it took us a couple of hours for us to gain control.”

Kelly's husband Scott says she went looking for the family dog and never came back.

Her car was discovered abandoned on Glasgow Road in a near-by subdivision. There are no homes on that street because the development is still under construction.

Officials say the keys were still in the ignition and her purse and cell phone were inside the car, too.

“We continue to pray for her safe return,” said Terry Wilkins who is both her neighbor and distant relative. “We're concerned for her welfare and well being. It doesn't look good, but we're hoping and praying she'll be safe.”

Morris' husband Scott runs a local towing firm. When NBC17 called his office, he was unavailable.

Yup! I thought I read it right. According to family and friends, the last anyone heard from Kelly was Wednesday night.

So, is she missing from Wednesday night? or Thursday?

inquiring minds want to know.................:confused:

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member